ADVERTISEMENT

Zion dunks a lot

Decent defender and shot blocker. He's a PG in an NFL linebacker's body.

This is a home board thread btw.
I'm trying to think of a way where Self could somewhat contain him with our roster and I'm not coming up with much. Self is pretty good about throwing a junk defense at someone in the second half to disrupt the flow long enough to make a run. From what Ive seen he is nt a weak defender at all. Best way would be to pick and roll to make him switch on a guy like frank mason or devote graham---and we don't have that type of player.

rent free
giphy.gif

"RENT FREE RENT FREE RENT FREE!" *I gotta hurry up, quote, and type* "RENT FREE!!"

^triggered
giphy.gif

*Gotta follow it up with “triggered” and not quoting him!*

Classic uk fan on this board. Anything said about them true or not (this is true) and you are labeled as 1 of, if not all 3: Rustled/Triggered/Troll, and states “Rent free”

Rent free. I find amusement when you think you “got me.” It’s just funny seeing the 3 responses on repeat. Cant u think of anything else especially when im right?
Try being right and we'll see.- signed whatever that guys name was. Winking

Last edited:
Zion’s a incredible talent, his ball handling/passing/defensive instincts/touch at rim are way underrated. It’s not just his insane athleticism/coordination/balance/power combo. He’s legitimately the best draft prospect since bron imo

Sounded like Wes Durham and Mike Gminski on the call for that game. Wes is the son of the legendary Voice of the Tar Heels, Woody Durham and a darn fine play-by-play commentator in his own right.

An amazing bit from a recent Maui breakdown... not only are those stats crazy for 25 mpg, but check out the blocks/misses stat, or the PER scores.

Dude (Zion) is 285 pounds and catching lobs above the square. Totally ridiculous. And he's now, on the season, averaging 25.3 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 2.7 assists in 25.3 minutes per game. He's 32-of-39 from the field -- meaning Williamson has blocked more shots (nine) than he's missed (seven). And check this out: Steph Curry has the highest Player Efficiency Rating in the NBA right now at 29.1. LeBron James' is 27.5. Kevin Durant's is 27.2. And Zion Williamson's is ... wait for it ... 58.5.

giphy.gif

"RENT FREE RENT FREE RENT FREE!" *I gotta hurry up, quote, and type* "RENT FREE!!"
Not to get into this because I think its silly, but you do realize every time a UK fan starts a thread about U of L, the first reply from a Card is "rent free" right? Again, its silly for anyone to say it, because we are rivals. But U of L fans are certainly just as guilty as using the rent free card.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
An amazing bit from a recent Maui breakdown... not only are those stats crazy for 25 mpg, but check out the blocks/misses stat, or the PER scores.

Dude (Zion) is 285 pounds and catching lobs above the square. Totally ridiculous. And he's now, on the season, averaging 25.3 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 2.7 assists in 25.3 minutes per game. He's 32-of-39 from the field -- meaning Williamson has blocked more shots (nine) than he's missed (seven). And check this out: Steph Curry has the highest Player Efficiency Rating in the NBA right now at 29.1. LeBron James' is 27.5. Kevin Durant's is 27.2. And Zion Williamson's is ... wait for it ... 58.5.
Yea, but how many wolfs can he kill with his bare hands? My guess is the number isn't as high as mine

Not to get into this because I think its silly, but you do realize every time a UK fan starts a thread about U of L, the first reply from a Card is "rent free" right? Again, its silly for anyone to say it, because we are rivals. But U of L fans are certainly just as guilty as using the rent free card.
snoopy-web.jpg

There isn't a doubt in my mind that if Zion was on UK, there'd be twice as many Uk fans on this board and twice as many Zion threads.

I ask another poster this same question, why are you so ate up with UK?

Well, that's obviously not true. You clearly don't follow college basketball.

I do follow it. People are saying this dude is LeBron James. At no point in the last 20 years has LeBron not been the best player on the floor he is on. Last night Zion looked maybe 4th best on his own team. This shit is ridiculous.

For all the arguments about 5-stars getting buried at a Duke or Kentucky, I think Zion is one who benefited greatly by picking a situation like he did. A great way to showcase how much more he can do, but I do think he would’ve struggled some if he wasn’t surrounded by talent.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
For all the arguments about 5-stars getting buried at a Duke or Kentucky, I think Zion is one who benefited greatly by picking a situation like he did. A great way to showcase how much more he can do, but I do think he would’ve struggled some if he wasn’t surrounded by talent.

Great post.
Finally a rational poster on this situation.

I do follow it. People are saying this dude is LeBron James. At no point in the last 20 years has LeBron not been the best player on the floor he is on. Last night Zion looked maybe 4th best on his own team. This shit is ridiculous.
Zion is a ridiculous talent. Probably will go second in the draft to RJ. He's no LeBron, don't think he has the passing or height to do what LeBron does. But he's still a hell of a player. I have no problem admitting Zion has been far more impressive in aspects of the game other than dunking than I thought he would be. His jumper, ball handling, and defense have all been much better than I anticipated.

Zion is a ridiculous talent. Probably will go second in the draft to RJ. He's no LeBron, don't think he has the passing or height to do what LeBron does. But he's still a hell of a player. I have no problem admitting Zion has been far more impressive in aspects of the game other than dunking than I thought he would be. His jumper, ball handling, and defense have all been much better than I anticipated.

I think he is a good player but people are acting like he is the best prospect since LeBron.

The following were all far more impressive and impactful to me as freshmen thus far in the one and done era:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving when healthy
John Wall
Anthony Davis
Derrick Rose
Karl Anthony TownS
RJ Barrett

I think he is a good player but people are acting like he is the best prospect since LeBron.

The following were all far more impressive and impactful to me as freshmen thus far in the one and done era:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving when healthy
John Wall
Anthony Davis
Derrick Rose
Karl Anthony TownS
RJ Barrett
I think a lot of fans that aren't necessarily college basketball fans or fans that follow Duke closely are getting caught up in his hype, or "flash." Between his youtube highlights and now his highlights at Duke, people want to be on the bandwagon and claim he's the next best thing. The fact is, he is REALLY good, and will be a hell of a player going forward. But fans the follow the sport more closely can see he's definitely not LeBron, and there's probably a better prospect than him on his own team.

Other than watching him absolutely destroy Kentucky, I will enjoy following him the rest of the year and into the NBA.

I think a lot of fans that aren't necessarily college basketball fans or fans that follow Duke closely are getting caught up in his hype, or "flash." Between his youtube highlights and now his highlights at Duke, people want to be on the bandwagon and claim he's the next best thing. The fact is, he is REALLY good, and will be a hell of a player going forward. But fans the follow the sport more closely can see he's definitely not LeBron, and there's probably a better prospect than him on his own team.

Other than watching him absolutely destroy Kentucky, I will enjoy following him the rest of the year and into the NBA.

Fair assessment. I understand the potential he has for sure but I just came away last night underwhelmed. He was literally there 4th best player last night

Reactions: JimboBBN
To say he is underwhelming after watching him for the first time is equally as ignorant as saying he the next Lebron. Maybe he is somewhere in between. Barrett just may be the better prospect of the two. But it is interesting that it seems to be such a popular thing to say before we even get 10 games into the season. We know that the NBA drafts based on potential. But if they are considering what they have seen so far, I think they will look at efficiency and use that as a measuring stick. All around, Zion is ahead of Barret in efficiency.

To say he is underwhelming after watching him for the first time is equally as ignorant as saying he the next Lebron. Maybe he is somewhere in between. Barrett just may be the better prospect of the two. But it is interesting that it seems to be such a popular thing to say before we even get 10 games into the season. We know that the NBA drafts based on potential. But if they are considering what they have seen so far, I think they will look at efficiency and use that as a measuring stick. All around, Zion is ahead of Barret in efficiency.

Teams aren’t building there franchise around just efficiency. Especially when less shots taken will usually always mean higher efficiency. They need a star to lead the team. Barrett by is far the best prospect to build a team around and is why he will go number 1.

Just a little off topic . . . whatever happened to npreston?

ADVERTISEMENT