ADVERTISEMENT

Your worst injuries of the decade

2017 UNC delittles 2010 Duke
wqfYtX1.gif

This thread is tailor-made for Purdue fans in the past decade.

2010 - Robbie Hummel tears his ACL on Feb. 24 at Minnesota with Purdue ranked No. 3 and heading towards a one seed. The Boilers still win a share of the B1G, but end up being a four seedand losing to Duke in the Sweet 16

2011 - Robbie Hummel tears his ACL in the first practice of the season. Purdue still has a really successful regular season led by B1G POY JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore and get a three seed. But they get piped by VCU in the Round of 32 during the three weeks that made Shaka Smart way too much money.

2018 - Isaac "the walking petri dish" Haas fractures his elbow during 2-Seed Purdue's Round of 64 boatrace of Cal State Fullerton. Purdue goes on to lose in the Sweet 16 to Texas Tech and their coach who loves to break Boiler hearts in March. The play that caused the injury spawned the hook-and-hold rule that has cost all of us way too many hours watching official reviews this season.

Hit the nail on the head. I think a healthy Haas maybe wins us one more game but I still think we would’ve lost to Nova.

But yeah both of those Hummel teams were Final 4-caliber. Sucks things didn’t work out.

I'm going to say our team's collective anuses after this years 30+ point loss to Duke.

Worst collection of talent across the NCAA IMNSHO

Disagree. Three All American guys who are as close to jersey retirement as can be at Duke in Scheyer, Singler, and Smith, supported by four future NBA bigs (2xPlumlee, Kelly, and Thomas), another guy who is a pro (Dawkins), and another 7'1, 260 lb guy who would have gotten a look if it wasn't for a back injury on top of other chronic injuries making him leave the game... with a NBA-bound Curry facing them in practice. A lot of talent, but more importantly possibly the toughest Duke team ever. The 2010 Duke team is a team that people at the time didn't (and even now don't) maybe appreciate as much as they should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT