Home
Purdue
VCU
Providence

Away
Georgia

Rest is fluff.

Reactions: KisteK
Updating the Orange Bowl Classic: FSU will face the St. Louis Billikens out of the A-10. Travis Ford has upgraded the talent there for his second year, should be a good game.

Not sure who UF is playing in this classic. Any word @FlGator22 ?

Don’t know if you saw, but FGCU. Not loving that line up. Definitely a step down.

Very excited for the season opener though! Will be a huge boost of confidence for one of us and great experience for the other.

Reactions: GE Nole
Duke has been added

Marquette (Gavitt Games)
@ Duke (B1G/ACC Challenge)
Louisville (last game of 3 year deal)
Butler (Crossroads Classic)
Jacksonville (Not a great team, the staff has ties to the state of Indiana)

IUs updated. Jacksonville still has not been confirmed. UC Davis and UT Arlington are great opponents. The lowest confirmed opponent is Montana State who was 270 KenPom. Three games are still left to be confirmed if you do not count Jacksonville. Much, much better home non conference schedules are coming to Bloomington.

Marquette (Gavitt Games)
@Arkansas (Hardwood Showcase. First year of a home and home. Return game next year)
UC Davis (Harwood Showcase)
UT Arlington (Hardwood Showcase)
Montana State (Hardwood Showcase)

IUs updated. Jacksonville still has not been confirmed. UC Davis and UT Arlington are great opponents. The lowest confirmed opponent is Montana State who was 270 KenPom. Three games are still left to be confirmed if you do not count Jacksonville. Much, much better home non conference schedules are coming to Bloomington.

Marquette (Gavitt Games)
@Arkansas (Hardwood Showcase. First year of a home and home. Return game next year)
UC Davis (Harwood Showcase)
UT Arlington (Hardwood Showcase)
Montana State (Hardwood Showcase)

Big upgrade in IU schedule after the cream puffs they floated out there last number of years.

The Vols start out in the NIT tournament in a 4 team bracket with Kansas, Louisville & Marquette. I like our team of veterans to beat Kansas comfortably. Other notable games are Memphis, Ga Tech, & Wake Forest. Then we'll wrap up the ooc schedule playing Gonzaga in Phoenix

The Vols start out in the NIT tournament in a 4 team bracket with Kansas, Louisville & Marquette. I like our team of veterans to beat Kansas comfortably. Other notable games are Memphis, Ga Tech, & Wake Forest. Then we'll wrap up the ooc schedule playing Gonzaga in Phoenix

It's only 9 am on a Friday, but now I've already heard the funniest thing I'll hear

all weekend.

It's only 9 am on a Friday, but now I've already heard the funniest thing I'll hear

all weekend.
"Winning comfortably" was an exaggeration, but I fully expect to beat Kansas. I'll wager as high as you wanna go too.

"Winning comfortably" was an exaggeration, but I fully expect to beat Kansas. I'll wager as high as you wanna go too.

If you had a lot of knowledge about KU's roster, you probably wouldn't be so confident. Are you always this reckless with your cash?

Reactions: Hawkquake
I know Kansas will be talented & deep, but also much more inexperienced than last year's team. It'll take some time for everything to come together & all that talent to gel. Meanwhile, UT returns its entire roster, and the core group of juniors who have played two full seasons together. We're gonna be ranked in the top 10 to start the season, it's not like this is some crazy prediction. So, how much do you want to bet?

If you had a lot of knowledge about KU's roster, you probably wouldn't be so confident. Are you always this reckless with your cash?

I hate both Tennessee and Kansas, but Tennessee is not a team I would be thrilled about seeing. They may very well be better than Kansas next year. They lost like one player, maybe. They’ll probably have the best player on the floor (Grant Williams), and another one of the top 3 or 4 players on the floor in Schofield. Honestly, I just like Tennessee’s team more than I like the Kansas roster. Kansas looks like they have a really weak backcourt.

I know Kansas will be talented & deep, but also much more inexperienced than last year's team. It'll take some time for everything to come together & all that talent to gel. Meanwhile, UT returns its entire roster, and the core group of juniors who have played two full seasons together. We're gonna be ranked in the top 10 to start the season, it's not like this is some crazy prediction. So, how much do you want to bet?

Wrong. The starting lineup will likely be:
Redshirt soph, freshman, senior, redshirt junior, junior. All having played or practiced together for at least 1-2 years, except the freshman, who projects to be an instant-impact one and done.

Then you have several sophomores and juniors on the bench.

Last edited:
I hate both Tennessee and Kansas, but Tennessee is not a team I would be thrilled about seeing. They may very well be better than Kansas next year. They lost like one player, maybe. They’ll probably have the best player on the floor (Grant Williams), and another one of the top 3 or 4 players on the floor in Schofield. Honestly, I just like Tennessee’s team more than I like the Kansas roster. Kansas looks like they have a really weak backcourt.

Yeah...OAD candidate Grimes, plus arguably the best PG in the freshman class, a RS soph who averaged 13 ppg two seasons ago, a RS junior who averaged 12 and 8 boards two seasons ago, and a senior who averaged 12 last year sure screams "really weak." That's not even including Garrett, who is said to be much improved and was already a great defender.

You've obviously been hanging out with the idiots on Rafters too much.

Or he's right & you can't comprehend it. So, c'mon & take some of my money. We can give the money to a trusted 3rd party as the season gets closer

Barnes struggles to get over the hump in games like this however and as much as it pains me to admit bill self is just a much better regular season coach than Calipari. Or maybe it has more to do with how their teams are built. Selfs teams are built for regular season dominance but have come up short of post season expectations. Cals teams are young but talented and seem built for March ( though these last three years they’ve been built more for draft night :()

I’ll still take Kansas in that one ty.

Or he's right & you can't comprehend it. So, c'mon & take some of my money. We can give the money to a trusted 3rd party as the season gets closer

Can't comprehend it? Lol. Apparently you can't comprehend the meaning of inexperienced.

Every unbiased analyst ranks KU 1 or 2 and above Tennessee, but the Tennessee moron who knows nothing about KU is apparently the only credible analyst.

Unlike you, I'm not moronic enough to guarantee victory one way or the other, but I do feel pretty good about a KU win. So if you're that eager to lose money, I'll oblige.

I’ll take you up on that bet. $100 sound good?

To be clear, this is just a straight up bet, right? Tennessee wins = you win, Kansas wins = I win.

Can't comprehend it? Lol. Apparently you can't comprehend the meaning of inexperienced.

Every unbiased analyst ranks KU 1 or 2 and above Tennessee, but the Tennessee moron who knows nothing about KU is apparently the only credible analyst.

Unlike you, I'm not moronic enough to guarantee victory one way or the other, but I do feel pretty good about a KU win. So if you're that eager to lose money, I'll oblige.
I'm more referring to the fact that this group, as a whole, will have very little experience playing together or forming cohesion at that point in the season. That's why I pointed out that our guys have all played 70 some odd games together the past two years. Familiarity, especially at the college level is huge.

Ok good deal. But, yeah, just a straight up bet. Will at least make things interesting
I’ve made some bets in the past with people from this board and we usually use Venmo and DM each other the details before payment. So if that works for you then I think that would be easier than going through another poster on the board.

Good deal. I’ll keep it on the radar. I think that game would be during Thanksgiving break. One of my favorite holiday breaks already so this just makes it that much better.

Yeah, that sounds good to me. I'm glad you took the bet over that douche MrBaraca. If we lose, giving over $100 to a non tool will sting less

I'm more referring to the fact that this group, as a whole, will have very little experience playing together or forming cohesion at that point in the season. That's why I pointed out that our guys have all played 70 some odd games together the past two years. Familiarity, especially at the college level is huge.

Yeah, but as I pointed out, all but the freshmen have at least a year of practice time together. A couple starters have played together for 3 years.

But even assuming that Tennessee is a little more cohesive, that doesn't just erase the talent gap. This could be Self's best roster yet.

The Nova @ Kansas game is going to be awesome. I can only imagine how bad they want to beat us. That building is going to be rocking.

Everyone looks at the 3 first rounders plus Brunson that left Nova and forgets about who we have returning. Eric Paschal put on a clinic against Kansas in the Final Four last year and he will look to do it again in Lawrence.

Will also be great to see all the new faces on both rosters go at it.

As a Nova fan this will be the annual wake up call to the rest of the country that Nova is loaded and a threat to win it all. Every year the Cats are ignored in the preseason hype, then we play a game in December on national TV against a good opponent and everyone starts talking about how we are the best team. See the Gonzaga game in the Jimmy v Classic last year.

all weekend.

This answer doesn't sound crazy...I don't necessarily agree with you, but I can definitely understand your reasoning.

Lol but yeah, your first answer was crazy lol. Its college basketball, so it could happen where you all do blow them out...Tennessee definitely has the talent if they get hot. , but to predict something like that would have been crazy.

Btw I would say the same if one of their fans had said the same thing.

The Nova @ Kansas game is going to be awesome. I can only imagine how bad they want to beat us. That building is going to be rocking.

Everyone looks at the 3 first rounders plus Brunson that left Nova and forgets about who we have returning. Eric Paschal put on a clinic against Kansas in the Final Four last year and he will look to do it again in Lawrence.

Will also be great to see all the new faces on both rosters go at it.

As a Nova fan this will be the annual wake up call to the rest of the country that Nova is loaded and a threat to win it all. Every year the Cats are ignored in the preseason hype, then we play a game in December on national TV against a good opponent and everyone starts talking about how we are the best team. See the Gonzaga game in the Jimmy v Classic last year.
It would probably be best if you don't watch that murder. No one will be saying Nova is the best after the beat down KU is going to put on them. You won't shoot an insane % from 3 again and KU will actually be able to play defense next season. Paschal will be Dedric Lawson's bitch.

It would probably be best if you don't watch that murder. No one will be saying Nova is the best after the beat down KU is going to put on them. You won't shoot an insane % from 3 again and KU will actually be able to play defense next season. Paschal will be Dedric Lawson's bitch.
When did Dedric Lawson become the next LeBron? KU fans are hyping up this dude.

Murder? You mean like the smack in the mouth Nova gave to Kansas in the 1st 5 minutes of the Final Four? We were up 20 before you finished your 1st beer. Paschal was unguardable as he went 10 for 11 from the field and dropped 24 on you. Don’t start comparing him to some random transfer that’s never played on that big of a stage.

We are so used to steamrolling through November and December it gets boring. This game will get Nova excited and focused. We will play our best as we always do against big name blue bloods that are loaded with big name talent that can’t back it up on the court. Nova is smarter and tougher and as a result we execute Jay Wright’s gameplan. We would be talking about a 3-Peat if Omari Spellman was not unjustifiably suspended in the 2016-17 season.

Dont care what random assortment of freshmen and transfers make up the KU roster. Nova fans read about this crap every offseason. “Loaded” blueblood rosters consisting of new faces that never proved anything.

If this is when you bring up the whole Big 12 > Big East thing don’t bother. We also won the Big 12 Championship last year when we beat WVU, Texas Tech, and Kansas all by double digits.

I respect the hell out of WVU though. That game was a war and I’m not surprised at all that Huggins was the only coach in the tournament that was able to get his players up enough to play just as hard and tough as Nova.

When did Dedric Lawson become the next LeBron? KU fans are hyping up this dude.

The media is hyping him. But to be fair, he's a versatile big with great passing skills who averaged 19 and 10 two seasons ago. I think anyone would be excited about his potential.

Murder? You mean like the smack in the mouth Nova gave to Kansas in the 1st 5 minutes of the Final Four? We were up 20 before you finished your 1st beer. Paschal was unguardable as he went 10 for 11 from the field and dropped 24 on you. Don’t start comparing him to some random transfer that’s never played on that big of a stage.

We are so used to steamrolling through November and December it gets boring. This game will get Nova excited and focused. We will play our best as we always do against big name blue bloods that are loaded with big name talent that can’t back it up on the court. Nova is smarter and tougher and as a result we execute Jay Wright’s gameplan. We would be talking about a 3-Peat if Omari Spellman was not unjustifiably suspended in the 2016-17 season.

Dont care what random assortment of freshmen and transfers make up the KU roster. Nova fans read about this crap every offseason. “Loaded” blueblood rosters consisting of new faces that never proved anything.

If this is when you bring up the whole Big 12 > Big East thing don’t bother. We also won the Big 12 Championship last year when we beat WVU, Texas Tech, and Kansas all by double digits.

I respect the hell out of WVU though. That game was a war and I’m not surprised at all that Huggins was the only coach in the tournament that was able to get his players up enough to play just as hard and tough as Nova.

A couple good seasons and now Nova is poised for world domination for the rest of time. RollLaugh

Congrats on finally winning something after a zillion flameouts, but you're not winning in Lawrence this season.

The media is hyping him. But to be fair, he's a versatile big with great passing skills who averaged 19 and 10 two seasons ago. I think anyone would be excited about his potential.

He and his brother have also always been at the forefront of a ton of negative publicity. Convince me that they're not losing players, and convince me that KU won't be subjected to the same old Lawson twins. Ya know, the ones that are all about their own numbers, and running the show their way at the detriment of the team.

It's gonna take me some time to be sold on this KU team. I'm having a difficult time buying into a conglomeration of transfers (most of which are statistically unimpressive, aside from Dedric Lawson), some freshman guards (that Bill Self never uses), and a couple of very good (at the college level) big men, to go along with some solid depth. I just don't believe the cohesiveness and the guard-play will be there.

THAT being said, Nova isn't going to walk into Allen Fieldhouse and win that game. Period. Who does Nova have? Paschall could turn out to be a really good college player, or maybe he was just a product of the talent that he had around him. Nova is losing the national player of the year, they're losing a tremendous big man in Spellman (who could have realistically won NPOY this upcoming year had he came back), they're losing by far their best prospect and two-way player in Mikal Bridges, they lost their next big thing on offense in DiVincenzo. Before a couple of years ago, Villanova was that team that consistently underwhelmed in March, and then Jay Wright hit the jackpot on a few players. Nova doesn't recruit at a high enough level to keep up that kind of run, and Jay Wright is about to experience what it's like for his program to be gutted due to players going to the draft. I will tell you with 100% certainty that none of the players that Nova has coming out of the high school ranks will come in and be star players in their first season.

Say what you will about "loaded" blueblood rosters consisting of new faces that have never proven anything, but the Nova roster is now full of new faces that have never proven anything.

He and his brother have also always been at the forefront of a ton of negative publicity. Convince me that they're not losing players, and convince me that KU won't be subjected to the same old Lawson twins. Ya know, the ones that are all about their own numbers, and running the show their way at the detriment of the team.

It's gonna take me some time to be sold on this KU team. I'm having a difficult time buying into a conglomeration of transfers (most of which are statistically unimpressive, aside from Dedric Lawson), some freshman guards (that Bill Self never uses), and a couple of very good (at the college level) big men, to go along with some solid depth. I just don't believe the cohesiveness and the guard-play will be there.

THAT being said, Nova isn't going to walk into Allen Fieldhouse and win that game. Period. Who does Nova have? Paschall could turn out to be a really good college player, or maybe he was just a product of the talent that he had around him. Nova is losing the national player of the year, they're losing a tremendous big man in Spellman (who could have realistically won NPOY this upcoming year had he came back), they're losing by far their best prospect and two-way player in Mikal Bridges, they lost their next big thing on offense in DiVincenzo. Before a couple of years ago, Villanova was that team that consistently underwhelmed in March, and then Jay Wright hit the jackpot on a few players. Nova doesn't recruit at a high enough level to keep up that kind of run, and Jay Wright is about to experience what it's like for his program to be gutted due to players going to the draft. I will tell you with 100% certainty that none of the players that Nova has coming out of the high school ranks will come in and be star players in their first season.

Say what you will about "loaded" blueblood rosters consisting of new faces that have never proven anything, but the Nova roster is now full of new faces that have never proven anything.

No one's demanding that you buy in, but I'm as optimistic about this KU team as probably any since '08. National analysts are high on the team as well. Of course there are questions, like how quickly will the freshman guards adjust to college and Self's system. But if there's a team with zero questions, I'm not sure who it is. All we can do is project the most likely scenario. And most likely you have a solid PG between Moore and Dotson (maybe both) and a star in Grimes, to go with a loaded frontcourt and a pair of solid, experienced wings. Two potential AA caliber bigs.

By all accounts, Self and the rest of the staff are very high on this group. Their comments are unusually positive for this time of year. Again, probably the most since 08.

I'm using my 1 post per week to inform you people that the Lawson brothers are NOT twins. KJ is a year older than Dedric is! They are NOT a cancer either. Saying they only cared about their own numbers on a Memphis team that had no other options is laughable as well. Dedric will live up to the hype and the rest of the college basketball will shit themselves when they see just how good KU is.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I do agree it’ll take KU some time to gel but this geam is going to be damn good. Will be one of the best defensive, rebounding and paint scoring teams in the country with loads of depth. Tons of room for this team to improve as well. Fired up.

Dedric Lawson isn’t LeBron but he has a great chance to be a 1st team AA

5b5739778d923bf5c4fcb050

Looks like UVA is the 1-seed in this bracket. Good thing there's no 16-seed, amirite?

Last edited:
IUs updated.

Not complaining because I like when we get to see Blueblood vs Blueblood, honestly wish all the Bluebloods had Home/Away games. But.......

Any clue why Indiana drew Duke? I know there is a lot of variables but I thought one of the main deciding factors was the previous years finish in each Conference? Or is it something as simple as both are the biggest draw from their respective conference and this will make them the most money?

ADVERTISEMENT