ADVERTISEMENT

You know the Big 10 sucks when Purdue wins it

Michigan is a good team but the media propped them up based on an early season win against a fringe Top 25 Villanova team. The rest of their non-conference schedule was a joke and featured a boatload of home games...non-conference SOS of #307 per KenPom. Also, they didn’t have to go to West Lafayette during conference play
Agreed

Michigan is a good team but the media propped them up based on an early season win against a fringe Top 25 Villanova team. The rest of their non-conference schedule was a joke and featured a boatload of home games...non-conference SOS of #307 per KenPom. Also, they didn’t have to go to West Lafayette during conference play
They boat raced UNC as well

Rutgers is better than Iowa. A miracle/fluke kept them from being swept by RU
Meh, the shot that put Rutgers ahead bounced around a number of times before going in.

Since you can detract fluke shots, then I'll detract Rutgers shot so that we don't even need Weiskamp's 3.

"Oh yeah well....well you still barely beat Rutgers either way, so derp dey wer better dan u."

I appreciate the effort though, little buddy.

Meh, the shot that put Rutgers ahead bounced around a number of times before going in.

Since you can detract fluke shots, then I'll detract Rutgers shot so that we don't even need Weiskamp's 3.

"Oh yeah well....well you still barely beat Rutgers either way, so derp dey wer better dan u."

I appreciate the effort though, little buddy.

Getting the shooter's roll is a lot different than banking in a shot from the corner.

No regular season conference championships since 1980. No Sweet 16 appearances since 2000. Slow your roll. Iowa is a program that every couple of years can be one and done in the tournament after going slightly above .500 in the Big Ten. It is what it is.
Thanks for the history lesson. Know what else?.....

Iowa > Oregon SmokinSmile

Reactions: hawkit3113
Honestly, I'm not sure I do either. The team was elite in Mackey Arena, beating every opponent but 2 by double figures. But they just haven't played well away from home most of the season, going 8-8 with the best win being an OT win at Wisconsin.

It should have the talent advantage in round 1 but is unlikely to thereafter. Superior coaching can carry you thru the regular season but talent tends to trump in the tournament.

Nailed it

Kinda strange to see so many UK and UL fans jumping in this thread. Vestiges of MJ trolling blue nation to Bolivia?

Lol well look at that. Got ya to move away from trying to sell Rutgers is better than Iowa and on to defending your favorite team.

Thanks for playing. SmokinSmile

With that said, no spoiler needed.......

Iowa > Oregon

You changes the topic, I’m just stating the facts. Enjoy your one and done season. This is the height of Iowa basketball in the modern era

Reactions: boilerzz
Purdue has a chance to prove us all wrong again, but probably won't. They have had better teams than this that have flamed out. I am pulling for them but my hopes are not high for them.

Purdue has a chance to prove us all wrong again, but probably won't. They have had better teams than this that have flamed out. I am pulling for them but my hopes are not high for them.

Purdue had a nice year but I'm not as impressed with Carsen Edwards as most. He usually scores plenty of points but people ignore that he takes a boatload of bad shots. That will ultimately get them beat in the tournament.

Purdue had a nice year but I'm not as impressed with Carsen Edwards as most. He usually scores plenty of points but people ignore that he takes a boatload of bad shots. That will ultimately get them beat in the tournament.
He definitely is a very confident shooter. He also gets an insane amount of attention from opposing teams, No way Ryan Cline and Grady Eifert would be top 5 in the Big Ten in 3P shooting without that.

Who ignores that? I think that’s been discussed quite a bit. It’s probably one of the biggest reasons why he won’t BTPOY.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
You changes the topic, I’m just stating the facts. Enjoy your one and done season. This is the height of Iowa basketball in the modern era
I know I changed the topic. That was my intention...........o_O

Only facts that matter are Iowa > Oregon even with all your Nike money. How are you letting other schools outbid you for recruits on shoe deals?.......:eek:

Also, I wouldn't call this year the height of modern Iowa basketball in the 2000s. And here I thought you were stating facts. Laughing

I know I changed the topic. That was my intention...........o_O

Only facts that matter are Iowa > Oregon even with all your Nike money. How are you letting other schools outbid you for recruits on shoe deals?.......:eek:

Also, I wouldn't call this year the height of modern Iowa basketball in the 2000s. And here I thought you were stating facts. Laughing

This is pretty close to it. Iowa only got a 6 seed or better once since 2000. Ironically they lost to a 14 seed this year. It's sad but this kind of mediocrity is Iowa's ceiling.

Oregon had a down year but Oregon has 4 elite 8s (Including a final four) since 2000. It's just different ceilings we are talking about.

I'll take their record in March vs. Iowa's recent "success"

This is pretty close to it. Iowa only got a 6 seed or better once since 2000. Ironically they lost to a 14 seed this year. It's sad but this kind of mediocrity is Iowa's ceiling.

Oregon had a down year but Oregon has 4 elite 8s (Including a final four) since 2000. It's just different ceilings we are talking about.
It's actually quite baffling how many iowa fans are on this board considering how irrelevant their program is.

Also it’s that Cassius Winston has one of the best offensive season is recent memory
Eh depends on how you define “one of the best”. Don’t get me wrong, he has played great this year, but does it stand out versus Turner, Oden, Swanigan, Valentine, Burke, Diop, Kaminsky, Draymond, Jajuan, etc? I mean, the POY every year is a stand out guy.

This is pretty close to it. (Meh, not really, but thanks for pretending to know Iowa's history. I like history lessons from non-fans. Winking) Iowa only got a 6 seed or better once since 2000. Ironically they lost to a 14 seed this year. (Garbage 3s gonna go in against Iowa. This year was just a little bit of earned karma back, but not all of it.) It's sad but this kind of mediocrity is Iowa's ceiling. (And it's still better than Oregon. SmokinSmile Let's also not forget that Big Ten > Pac 10, but that's for another thread.)

Oregon had a down year (good) but Oregon has 4 elite 8s (Including a final four) since 2000. (So?.......you also had an 8-win season in there. The Chicago Bulls post-Jordan couldn't suck that bad, and they tried.) It's just different ceilings we are talking about.

e1a341d7-8a75-4efc-bfc6-0cc2778e47a9_text.gif
I'm sorry. I'm just not seeing anything to dissuade me from my original position. SmokinSmile

Iowa > Oregon

i can see that. he's too volatile, loses his mind during long stretches, and rarely makes the simple pass. was much higher on him during the preseason and early on this season. i think it's funny we won the big ten with an inefficient player like him (the last month-plus of the year) and a bunch of role players during an incredibly strong year in the conference. Painter can coach. will probably lose first or second round, and it will somehow come back to him when in reality the team isn't that great.

This year, sure. But Iowa, as a program, isn't really capable of doing much more than making the tournament and maybe winning a game.
Nah, we've got room to grow.

Oregon, though? They've already reached their pinnacle and maxed out their modern-era potential.

Btw, something else to chew on since you took that first big ole bite a number of posts ago.....if Iowa > Oregon, and you wanna jump on the hate bandwagon and claim that Rutgers is better than Iowa, then that means you think Rutgers is better than Oregon too.......:eek:

duckboy:
no_damn_happy_gilmore.gif

ADVERTISEMENT