ADVERTISEMENT

You know the Big 10 sucks when Purdue wins it

Does the BIG play a true round robin?

Michigan State confuses me. Even without Ward and Langford, they can go into Ann Arbor and win, but turn around and lose at Indiana.

I think even if they were fully healthy they would lose games they have no business losing. They're just so up and down.

Michigan got out of the gate hot, but several teams caught and passed them.

BIG10 teams are tough to predict.

Michigan State confuses me. Even without Ward and Langford, they can go into Ann Arbor and win, but turn around and lose at Indiana.

I think even if they were fully healthy they would lose games they have no business losing. They're just so up and down.

The epitome of the BIG and CBB in general is Iowa sweeps Indiana, Indiana sweeps MSU and MSU sweeps Iowa

I think whoever wins the B10 Tournament goes the farthest in the NCAA’s.

I still dont have any faith in Purdue beyond the Sweet 16.
Honestly, I'm not sure I do either. The team was elite in Mackey Arena, beating every opponent but 2 by double figures. But they just haven't played well away from home most of the season, going 8-8 with the best win being an OT win at Wisconsin.

It should have the talent advantage in round 1 but is unlikely to thereafter. Superior coaching can carry you thru the regular season but talent tends to trump in the tournament.

Honestly, I'm not sure I do either. The team was elite in Mackey Arena, beating every opponent but 2 by double figures. But they just haven't played well away from home most of the season, going 8-8 with the best win being an OT win at Wisconsin.

It should have the talent advantage in round 1 but is unlikely to thereafter. Superior coaching can carry you thru the regular season but talent tends to trump in the tournament.

Agreed. Idk if this team would even be in the top 5 in terms of the most talented teams Painter has had at Purdue. I think they’d maybe be like 7 or 8 possibly.

Agreed. Purdue CAN get hot and make a run. I just dont have the faith in em to do it.

I still don't have any faith in Purdue making the sweet 16.
It will be matchup dependent for sure. I think they can but will wait until brackets are announced to assess my confidence.

One completely irrelevant fact that I just want to share though - Purdue is one of only 6 programs nationally (along with UK, WVU, Kansas, Gonzaga and Michigan) to play in the last two Sweet 16's.

Michigan is a good team but the media propped them up based on an early season win against a fringe Top 25 Villanova team. The rest of their non-conference schedule was a joke and featured a boatload of home games...non-conference SOS of #307 per KenPom. Also, they didn’t have to go to West Lafayette during conference play

ADVERTISEMENT