ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

Because you'd have that attitude no matter what. If bigger news about Dook does come out, you'd say:

"Well players should be played anyway. This is dumb. Everyone's doing it."

DOOK

I am going to assume you mean "paid".

No, if a Duke guy had been marked down as having been paid $50,000, I would have posted "****, that is bad. We might burn." I've been pretty consistent since the beginning as saying that I am worried Duke might get busted. Go back and look at any posts about it.

And I hate to say it, but I actually DO think everyone is doing it at this point.

BTW, who are you? I don't remember having any interactions with you in the past... so I'm a bit confused how you know how I will react to things?

Plus, and I know this will run counter to what some other UNC fans believe, I find it tough to be all in and teams like UK and Duke going down for these OAD guys anyway when they didn't create the rule making these guys go to college. Of course, that is unless coaches were a part of the 'paying' or whatever but I doubt that is the case. There is nothing a coach can do to stop a kid from taking some money and it seems kind of hollow for the NCAA to be the cash cow it is and hammer schools over some poor kid whose family has probably struggled his entire life taking a few thousand dollars. I'm a little surprised it doesn't happen more often tbh.

Agreed. I just hope there isn't more or that coaches were directly involved, but if so, will gladly take whatever punishment seems fit for the violation.

It just seems like lazy reporting to list names of players who had dinner with agents before they actually know who paid or not.

Come on dude. It’s 2018. Better to be first instead of putting in the effort to complete a story.

Reactions: jhmossy
This is just a reimbursement form. Pretty easy to say these are fabricated unless they have proof and Dawkins cooperates worth the NCAA.

The NCAA? Dude he’s doesn’t give a shit about the NCAA. He’s trying to protect himself from jail time and cooperating with the FBI.

Look folks. I had some experience around the AAU business when I was coaching hoops at an Atlanta high school. 90% of high major schools are dirty. This is just one agent and one runner. These players were getting as much or more from other agents, runners, shoe companies, etc. It’s just the way things work. Standard operating procedure.

The NCAA knows this. Shoot, they helped facilitate it by putting the dead periods during high school ball and the live eval periods during summer AAU ball.

All of our schools on this board are dirty. It’s just a matter of who talks and which paper trail is followed.

I think both Duke and UNC fans can agree that Yahoo click baited the shit out of this by saying we are at the "center" when it's meals less than $200 which the NCAA doesn't even punish.

DSJ, Whitehead, etc. are at the center.

That's rich, coming from Roy who knew every class his players took before he didn't know every class his players took.

You know Missouri or UCLA didn't suffer any consequences as well, right? Of course you didn't.

1- I’m not Roy, nor do I speak for him
2- No NCAA violations occurred, so you are saying that Roy was aware that Carolina want breaking any rules. Thanks.
3- Carolina is a Blue Blood
4- Which particular Missouri and UCLA vases are you talking about? I’m aware of several.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Conspiracy theory: Rick Pitino was fired and stripped of title. In his presser, he makes comments about the truth coming out. Two days later, news drops involving recruits from Nike schools.

The only card Pitino can play is to take everyone down with him.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I don't know where anyone said Cal was clean. I've seen where people have said the opposite. However, the reports don't list him . . . or UK, so . . .
potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools.

If we lose our Elite 8 banner, maybe we can ship it to Fayetteville, since you all haven’t seen one in more than 20 years.

Ironic post because y'all's names are included into the list meanwhile, ours isn't.

How many more KY players from the next few FBI releases? These kids see a player getting paid, and they gotta get theirs too.

Gotta a feeling you're going to be taking down more than just a banner.

But carry on bro.

Reactions: American Male
Ironic post because y'all's names are included into the list meanwhile, ours isn't.

How many more KY players from the next few FBI releases? These kids see a player getting paid, and they gotta get theirs too.

But carry on bro.
Hope is a strong thing, bud. A 15 point ass whooping in your house is actual reality. Must sting.

Reactions: CatsFan4Evr.
The NCAA? Dude he’s doesn’t give a shit about the NCAA. He’s trying to protect himself from jail time and cooperating with the FBI.

Look folks. I had some experience around the AAU business when I was coaching hoops at an Atlanta high school. 90% of high major schools are dirty. This is just one agent and one runner. These players were getting as much or more from other agents, runners, shoe companies, etc. It’s just the way things work. Standard operating procedure.

The NCAA knows this. Shoot, they helped facilitate it by putting the dead periods during high school ball and the live eval periods during summer AAU ball.

All of our schools on this board are dirty. It’s just a matter of who talks and which paper trail is followed.

Literally nobody is saying otherwise. It's the NCAA's fault anyway. If they would let players get paid for their likeness almost all of this would go away.

Reactions: GE Nole
Conspiracy theory: Rick Pitino was fired and stripped of title. In his presser, he makes comments about the truth coming out. Two days later, news drops involving recruits from Nike schools.

The only card Pitino can play is to take everyone down with him.
Pat Forde did write his book.

But carry on bro.

Nah, you’ve got a hope and a prayer.

And neither one will bring Razorback sports to relevance.

Wasn't Knox mentioned?

Seems the records don't indicate any ass whooping, only an asterisk.

Knox is mentioned for a meal. I doubt that will jeopardize his eligibility, wishful thinking though.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Only people KY be paying, will be the janitors to take down banners.

Haha.
giphy.gif

This is from just one agency. Don't breathe too easy of your players weren't named.

Have we heard about the FBI raiding any other agency? Gonna bet a lot of other agencies started shredding everything the second the news dropped.

Nah, you’ve got a hope and a prayer.

And neither one will bring Razorback sports to relevance.

Knox is mentioned for a meal. I doubt that will jeopardize his eligibility, wishful thinking though.

Is that confirmed? Just a meal? Was legitimately worried for a second.

I am going to assume you mean "paid".

No, if a Duke guy had been marked down as having been paid $50,000, I would have posted "****, that is bad. We might burn." I've been pretty consistent since the beginning as saying that I am worried Duke might get busted. Go back and look at any posts about it.

And I hate to say it, but I actually DO think everyone is doing it at this point.

BTW, who are you? I don't remember having any interactions with you in the past... so I'm a bit confused how you know how I will react to things?
I'm SloppyHopkins. I've been around this block for quite a while.

If you're afraid "Duke might get busted", sounds like you know your program is dirty as hell. Pretty much all that needs to be said here.

Reactions: American Male
potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools.
That is a list of schools that the players attend, but doesn't necessarily implicate the school or coach of involvement. There's a big difference.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Called this when the Louisville thing broke. This is one agency, imagine what the other ones are doing. Every school is participating I'm sure, so I’m not going to get to giddy that WVU was excluded from this particular list of schools.

ADVERTISEMENT