ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, UT is full of racist trash

Let's not generalize too much... this was two guys who did this, right? Not a whole university, or even an organization within the university, like a frat? And the university has already spoken out against it? Not sure you can condemn an entire university for this.

Now, I know NOTHING about UT and any history... I am responding simply to this one news story.

Let's not generalize too much... this was two guys who did this, right? Not a whole university, or even an organization within the university, like a frat? And the university has already spoken out against it? Not sure you can condemn an entire university for this.

Now, I know NOTHING about UT and any history... I am responding simply to this one news story.

Just ask Bernard King.

Those 4 morons definitely don’t represent the university as a whole, that’s just asinine logic. However, there are a lot of closet racists in Greek organizations in southern/Midwest universities. Whether they’re joking or not, it’s deplorable behavior.

Reactions: ceilo77 and kyjeff1
Those 4 morons definitely don’t represent the university as a whole, that’s just asinine logic. However, there are a lot of closet racists in Greek organizations in southern/Midwest universities. Whether they’re joking or not, it’s deplorable behavior.

1*LxejPSlp1xKIQTz5Vt9YSw.png

Just the Midwest and south because that’s where all the racists are!
Plenty of racists everywhere, most of the footage/stories I’ve seen with this type of racist behavior is primarily in the south and Midwest, but I figured someone would cry about it.

Reactions: Hank_
Plenty of racists everywhere, most of the footage/stories I’ve seen with this type of racist behavior is primarily in the south and Midwest, but I figured someone would cry about it.

It’s your broad brush, friend. Not mine.

Most of all the coverage of poor water quality I see is primarily in Flint, Michigan.

It’s your broad brush, friend. Not mine.

Most of all the coverage of poor water quality I see is primarily in Flint, Michigan.
Second statement is irrelevant even though I see you tried to make it analogous, and if you think the north and west coast are more racist than the south and Midwest, idk what to tell you..Jim Crowe laws weren’t too long ago.

Reactions: ceilo77
Second statement is irrelevant even though I see you tried to make it analogous, and if you think the north and west coast are more racist than the south and Midwest, idk what to tell you..Jim Crowe laws weren’t too long ago.

Man, you can’t really believe that it makes the news every time someone does blackface, can you? Stereotypes sell eyeballs. Think if that Cov Cath kid was from a prep school in Jersey that it would have been in the news cycle for weeks?

The 60s werent too long ago, but if you think New England is a pillar of racial equality, there’s not much I can say to change your mind.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Eh... if "let's not do a thing which was done for years in order to mock a race of people" is today's climate... well, one shouldn't go too far, but I'm not sure I'd call that a farce.
The people who do blackface are only exposing themselves as ignorant and probably racist. It is not an aggressive act of racism that today's society yearns for. The actions are dumb, but not worth the public outrage that a lot of people are calling for.

Yes, today's "environment" is a farce. I know you don't like to acknowledge it, but we are at a point where if we can't find enough true acts of racism to justify calling an entire group of people racists, then we make it up or exaggerate acts such as blackface.

Dude, where your from in IL, isnt even IL, lol.
Ha. I lived in Chicago for a summer. That was enough. And, if you think I live in Peoria, not a chance. I live in a nice clean, safe suburb outside of that dump. Peoria is going the wrong way. Sucks.

Man, you can’t really believe that it makes the news every time someone does blackface, can you? Stereotypes sell eyeballs. Think if that Cov Cath kid was from a prep school in Jersey that it would have been in the news cycle for weeks?

The 60s werent too long ago, but if you think New England is a pillar of racial equality, there’s not much I can say to change your mind.
Agree to disagree. I’ll save this conversation for the off-season. Didn’t mean to slight you though, if you took it as such.

Reactions: Hank_
Agree to disagree. I’ll save this conversation for the off-season. Didn’t mean to slight you though, if you took it as such.

Not at all! I’m all tongue in cheek. I do hate those stereotypes though - and even moreso when people profit from them.

Reactions: UL_1986
The people who do blackface are only exposing themselves as ignorant and probably racist. It is not an aggressive act of racism that today's society yearns for. The actions are dumb, but not worth the public outrage that a lot of people are calling for.

Yes, today's "environment" is a farce. I know you don't like to acknowledge it, but we are at a point where if we can't find enough true acts of racism to justify calling an entire group of people racists, then we make it up or exaggerate acts such as blackface.

I disagree that someone who does blackface is probably racist. I think there are still people who might do it in certain circumstances without any evil intent, or even unintentional racism.

I disagree that today's environment is a farce.

We can table this discussion until after Duke wins the national title game, if you'd like?

:)

Last edited:
I disagree that someone who does blackface is probably racist. I think there are still people who might do it in certain circumstances without any evil intent, or even unintentional racism.

I disagree that today's environment is a farce.

We can table this discussion until after Duke wins the national title game, if you'd like?

:)

I have a good friend who wore blackface right after the Chris Brown/Rhianna thing. It was a Halloween party and he and his wife both wore it. His wife also added a black eye. It's a racy (no pun intended) Halloween party and no one thought twice about it, but that was ten years ago. However, I bet he kinda worries about the pics that night, as we took many. Thankfully, he won't be running for office anytime soon. But, he is very respected in the community and runs a multi-million dollar business, so I'm sure he regrets doing it, even though they weren't intentionally being malicious.

ADVERTISEMENT