ADVERTISEMENT

Why has Kentucky refused to schedule Murray st.?…

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
100 years of basketball and you have still never played? Seriously doubt it’s Murray refusing the game. An instate school and you guys have never played before? Seriously Kentucky? Can’t give a charity game ever to a fellow Instate public school? Would serve you right to lose That second round game. Reminds me of when bill self tried the same with Wichita and got that ass handed to him

It was discussed today on KSR. Apparently they have discussed playing before, but Murray St will only schedule a home and home. Cal even offered a neutral site game at Louisville and they declined the offer.
I call bullshit on that. . Murray played auburn just this year and we aren’t returning a game there.

Who knows. UK has played pretty much every other instate school in the past so it doesn't make sense why UK would ONLY refuse them.

They have played every other D1 school in Ky: Louisville, WKU, EKU, Bellarmine, NKU, and Morehead St. Only exception is Murray St.

Even both D2 basketball schools: Kentucky State and Ky Wesleyan.

Even all D3 teams: Asbury, Berea, Centre, Spalding and Transy.

Played a lot/most of the NAIA teams in exhibitions. So why would they only target Murray state to not play?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Who knows. UK has played pretty much every other instate school in the past so it doesn't make sense why UK would ONLY refuse them.

They have played every other D1 school in Ky: Louisville, WKU, EKU, Bellarmine, NKU, and Morehead St. Only exception is Murray St.

Played a lot/most of the NAIA teams in exhibitions. So why would they only target Murray state to not play?
Outside of Louisville has any of those others been as consistent as Murray st. Though?

Western Kentuckt has far more history (even final fours) and success than Murray state, idk what ur classifying as consistent, i mean Belmont won the OVC last year iirc. Dont get me wrong murray has been a great program lately but i dont think uk has been ducking them for 100 years bc they are scared (thats what they do to wku when wku beats em)

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Western Kentuckt has far more history (even final fours) and success than Murray state, idk what ur classifying as consistent, i mean Belmont won the OVC last year iirc. Dont get me wrong murray has been a great program lately but i dont think uk has been ducking them for 100 years bc they are scared (thats what they do to wku when wku beats em)
We did play WKU this season for a reason I can't remember.

100 years of basketball and you have still never played? Seriously doubt it’s Murray refusing the game. An instate school and you guys have never played before? Seriously Kentucky? Can’t give a charity game ever to a fellow Instate public school? Would serve you right to lose That second round game. Reminds me of when bill self tried the same with Wichita and got that ass handed to him
Arrogant lil fella aren't ya. I'm sure Murray St appreciates your being a spoke person for them and all the sleep your losing worrying about this. Maybe a few of us Ky fans can find some remote team in Alabama that AU hasn't played and let you all know that you deserve to lose to them.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Arrogant lil fella aren't ya. I'm sure Murray St appreciates your being a spoke person for them and all the sleep your losing worrying about this. Maybe a few of us Ky fans can find some remote team in Alabama that AU hasn't played and let you all know that you deserve to lose to them.
Alabama is who burns the in state schools in Alabama. Not Auburn. For example Bama won’t play uab in basketball or football

There's 300+ D1 Teams. I think UK not playing Murray St or Alabama football not playing a some Murray St equivalent in Alabama is only an issue with you.
You are a public school funded by the taxpayers of your state. Said public school should do their best to keep revenue within the same state since you are funded by the same state source.

Western has more of a NCAA history than Auburn. Diddle> Pearl.

lurker! nothing personal but that avator is just fvck up.. I gag wince or gag everytime i see it.
Thank @Random UK Fan

It's just a danish. you should get in on the next round robin avatar.

Last edited:
It's just a danish. you should get in on the next round robin avatar.

Right. Who doesn't love a good strawberry danish?

I did think about telling him how much you want to lick it.
lick-donut.gif

Wasn't long ago some were saying we were ducking Iona.

Murray is the flavor of the month for reaching.
Kentucky definitely doesn’t want any part of that Iona and pitino smoke. Even at 70 pitino is still a better coach then cal

We’re those other games home and home?

Offering up neutral site is a bit disingenuous. It’s not like UK wouldn’t fill 90% of any neutral arena within 500 miles.

You hadn’t played Murray though. Auburn has played everyone in state.
Well, isn’t that nice. Golly gee, there just isn’t a bad thing you can say about Auburn if yer bein honest!

Cept that they suck dick almost every year in basketball, of course.

Well, isn’t that nice. Golly gee, there just isn’t a bad thing you can say about Auburn if yer bein honest!

Cept that they suck dick almost every year in basketball, of course.
I remember when self kept dodging Wichita every year and then got his ass handed to him by them in the tourney. Good times

Reactions: GhostVol
I remember when self kept dodging Wichita every year and then got his ass handed to him by them in the tourney. Good times
That’s because Gregg Marshall’s a douchebag.

Could be a lot worse than losing to an in-state school once in the tourney. Like watching big bro win the national title every year. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT