ADVERTISEMENT

Who Would Have Won The 2020 Title?

Can't wait for tonight's game between KU and Louisville

Lehigh or Mercer ring a bell? A 15 seed and a 14.

Oh, and K also lost to a worse VCU team in the first round a few years before Bill did.

Derp.

You realize that you have already lost an argument when you are comparing rare occasions to norm. Every coach loses to lesser teams every now and then, even Tom Izzo had that MTSU loss. For Bill Self and KU however, this happens almost half of the time, and hence why its quite unusual and worth noting. Of course, there are worse ones like John Thompson III whose team got upset 90% of the time, but I dont think we are comparing elite coaches to the likes of JTIII anyway.

You realize that you have already lost an argument when you are comparing rare occasions to norm. Every coach loses to lesser teams every now and then, even Tom Izzo had that MTSU loss. For Bill Self and KU however, this happens almost half of the time, and hence why its quite unusual and worth noting. Of course, there are worse ones like John Thompson III whose team got upset 90% of the time, but I dont think we are comparing elite coaches to the likes of JTIII anyway.

Interesting that they can flame out early vs a midmajor every year, yet still have the most tourney wins of the millennium. Pretty awesome feat, wouldn't you say?

They've lost to 5 midmajors this millennium. That's if you want to include Wichita St. Even though that's kind of like calling Gonzaga an inferior team. Lumping a VCU team that won 5 tourney games in with "lowly midmajors" is a bit ridiculous too, but whatever. Actually, no, you're not getting away with dismissing Wichita St as just another midmajor. That was a 3-loss team that was the overall #1 the year before, and in the final four the year before that.

Even if we include both, Self still only has 1-2 more such losses than K in that timeframe. Yet I'm comparing rare occasions to the norm? Interesting.

If you aren't too opposed to factual info, here's a little for ya. KU’s win rate as a higher seed is 80%. UNC and Kentucky are at 82% each. Duke 79% and UCLA 77%.

Doesn't seem to support your narrative. Come back when you know what you're talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT