ADVERTISEMENT

Who Tries to be the Biggest Jimmie Rustler Here?

It isn't serious. Just not much fun to deal with.

Denn, can I ask... has there ever been a push for a little less of the "HAH look at my latest fishing/trolling thread!" and a bit more genuine conversation?

Some folks confuse giving an honest assessment with trolling.

Basically all of my hottakes are/were confused with trolling

-Skal hottakes
-Hammons
-Isaac Haas need8ng to come off the bench
-Swanigan being a center not a PF
Vince Edwards veing a PF, not a SF
-Purdue
-Im really optimistic about NW this year and somepeople seem to think Im trolling there as well

Part of fostering an environment where youre allowed to be honest and have different opinions is that people have to be ok with the fact that a stranger doesnt agree with them - and nowhere does that cause more problems than the internet and ESPECIALLY message boards.

Denn, can I ask... has there ever been a push for a little less of the "HAH look at my latest fishing/trolling thread!" and a bit more genuine conversation?
Most people here have fun. The trolls are easily avoidable by deploying common sense.

You seem to like to try and change this board, but if they eliminated banter, trolling or intentional rustling it'd be deader than a doornail here.

-Skal hottakes
-Hammons
-Purdue
-Im really optimistic about NW this year and somepeople seem to think Im trolling there as well

Part of fostering an environment where youre allowed to be honest and have different opinions is that people have to be ok with the fact that a stranger doesnt agree with them - and nowhere does that cause more problems than the internet and ESPECIALLY message boards.
Yeah, but with your avatar and stuff, it was obvious you were trolling UK fans. Then your take on Ulis and our incoming recruits and stuff. You posted some real quality material at times. Even some of it wasn't flattering to UK, but a lot of it was bait.

Matt Jones had/has clear basketball knowledge. That's why even when he was intentionally trolling it never bothered me, I'll take trolling if it means adding somebody who understands the game.

Most people here have fun. The trolls are easily avoidable by deploying common sense.

You seem to like to try and change this board, but if they eliminated banter, trolling or intentional rustling it'd be deader than a doornail here.

Oh, I would never say eliminate banter... that's what sports fandom IS, especially on the interwebz.

But I find it a bit wasteful when you have someone start a thread with zero motive except starting arguments or whatever. I mean, that's the very definition of trolling, and I guess I am not the type who thinks a hugely active board thanks to trolling is better than an active board without. With this many fans of different programs around, along with a fair amount of basketball knowledge, along with it being the middle of basketball season, I think you aren't giving the forum enough credit when you say it would be dead without trolling, at least.

But I find it a bit wasteful when you have someone start a thread with zero motive except starting arguments or whatever.
But that's just it. Who are you to judge what their motive is? Maybe they're just trying to generate discussion. Maybe they've made a casual observation and they're just sharing with other basketball minds. Some people think that if somebody says something, anything negative about the school they cheer for, that the person is trolling. That's not always the case.

Reactions: Jhmoss1812
But that's just it. Who are you to judge what their motive is? Maybe they're just trying to generate discussion. Maybe they've made a casual observation and they're just sharing with other basketball minds. Some people think that if somebody says something, anything negative about the school they cheer for, that the person is trolling. That's not always the case.

Come on now, I think you aren't giving me enough credit as an adult with a brain;) It obviously isn't about negative stuff about a school; that can often be just conversation. But there are obvious threads that are made just for trolling and getting a rise out of people. Then there are obvious comments which are meant just to get a rise out of folks. I mean, the fact that folks can point to the people who do it most often is sort of a give away, no?

Anyway, no big thing. Just shooting the breeze, I suppose.

Annnnnd... post limit:)

Last edited:
Just noticed Hoosfan35 got a 4 page thread started yesterday that got some embers glowing, as well as a take-no-prisoners comment. Any votes for him from anybody?

Doesn't count since he's the one who made the "no one's safe" comment. Plus we turned it into a thread about @jarms24 sending us dick pics and getting @JimboBBN pregnant.

Come on now, I think you aren't giving me enough credit as an adult with a brain;) It obviously isn't about negative stuff about a school; that can often be just conversation. But there are obvious threads that are made just for trolling and getting a rise out of people. I mean, the fact that folks can point to the people who do it most often is sort of a give away, no?
I agree, to an extent; However, many of you think I'm trolling Duke when I say that Grayson Allen flops all the time and Duke gets a lot of home cooking. I have never said either of those things to troll. That's truly how I feel, and what I've gleaned from watching cbb over the years. Had nothing to do with trolling. And I don't say any of that to sidetrack the discussion about trolling either, so let's not revisit those topics ITT.

I will also say, the UNC shenanigans. I have never posted in those threads to troll UNC fans either. It was something that genuinely interested me. I can't discuss that stuff with my wife or my buddies at work, because none of them give a rat's ass about basketball. So, I post about it here, and UNC fans call me a troll, when I'm not trolling.

I guess nobody is wrong ITT when you think about it. Are there trolls? Yes. Are some posters incorrectly labeled as trolls? Yes. It's just hard to filter the BS sometimes. I get fooled a lot as well.

I agree, to an extent; However, many of you think I'm trolling Duke when I say that Grayson Allen flops all the time and Duke gets a lot of home cooking. I have never said either of those things to troll. That's truly how I feel, and what I've gleaned from watching cbb over the years. Had nothing to do with trolling. And I don't say any of that to sidetrack the discussion about trolling either, so let's not revisit those topics ITT.

I will also say, the UNC shenanigans. I have never posted in those threads to troll UNC fans either. It was something that genuinely interested me. I can't discuss that stuff with my wife or my buddies at work, because none of them give a rat's ass about basketball. So, I post about it here, and UNC fans call me a troll, when I'm not trolling.

I guess nobody is wrong ITT when you think about it. Are there trolls? Yes. Are some posters incorrectly labeled as trolls? Yes. It's just hard to filter the BS sometimes. I get fooled a lot as well.
Grayson Allen does flop, it's universally acknowledged. I don't even mind that you call out Duke's homecooking I just find it funny that you guys don't put the microscope on any other team and there is NEVER a multiple page thread when a call goes against Duke. If you want to say you're objective, then be objective and fair across the board not just on calls that go Duke's way.

Grayson Allen does flop, it's universally acknowledged. I don't even mind that you call out Duke's homecooking I just find it funny that you guys don't put the microscope on any other team and there is NEVER a multiple page thread when a call goes against Duke. If you want to say you're objective, then be objective and fair across the board not just on calls that go Duke's way.
That's not true. Did you miss the UK @ KU thread last season? Have you seen all the UNC threads I've dominated? Hell, make sure you're on here for the UK vs UL game tomorrow. That one will not disappoint. Nobody is picking on Duke. You guys are just a big target for a few reasons. UK probably gets trolled more than Duke on this board. After a while, you learn to embrace the hate.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
That's not true. Did you miss the UK @ KU thread last season? Have you seen all the UNC threads I've dominated? Hell, make sure you're on here for the UK vs UL game tomorrow. That one will not disappoint. Nobody is picking on Duke. You guys are just a big target for a few reasons.
Cause we're friggin awesome.

Yeah, but with your avatar and stuff, it was obvious you were trolling UK fans. Then your take on Ulis and our incoming recruits and stuff. You posted some real quality material at times. Even some of it wasn't flattering to UK, but a lot of it was bait.

Some was bait after a while of frustration built up from UK fans not being open minded to what I said - most were honest opinions. I think I was too stubborn on the #1 recruiting class - made the prediction when Monk looked like Arkansas and Bam looked like NC State or something and then Kentucky got them both and never just took the L and conceded - doubled down on the stupid and dug the trench even deeper!

Reactions: KisteK
Jimmie Rustling, Trolling or....
giphy.gif

I tend to agree that it is @Jhmoss1812 but the guy who said he is a troll and not a rustler got me thinking. This caused me to spend a long time trying to define the two terms. Maybe we can devote a thread to it where a handful of the great minds here on rivals try to distinguish between the two. I ultimately classify him as a rustler because he can talk basketball too, though frankly he lost that privilege in my mind when Virginia lost to Cuse.

Keep in mind though that @Jhmoss1812 is only the best rustler on this board because I let him be. I'm a black belt when I want to be but right now this board needs truth tellers.

@randyfoye combo or whatever needs to return and @bkingUK could win this thread if he put his mind to it.

Reactions: jhmossy
I think he just has an abrasive personality like his football coach. Doesn't whine as much though. And loves to debate anyone to death.
Problem is, he'll argue you to death, even when he's wrong, and he knows he's wrong. My 7 year old son does something very similar, although I don't think he has Hail's stamina. Yet.

Reactions: Quavarius

-Skal hottakes
-Hammons
-Purdue

What about your meltdown?

What about your meltdown?

The one where I got blackout drunk and referred to my penis as a slappy pistol and threatened to ejaculate in other users mouths?

That was completely innappropriate and somewhat sickening/cringeworthy to have to read after sobering up, but I gotta admit now that I cant go back and change it and its already happened, i do think its funny thats what I came up with instead of just saying "**** you" or something generic lol

I tend to agree that it is @Jhmoss1812 but the guy who said he is a troll and not a rustler got me thinking. This caused me to spend a long time trying to define the two terms. Maybe we can devote a thread to it where a handful of the great minds here on rivals try to distinguish between the two. I ultimately classify him as a rustler because he can talk basketball too, though frankly he lost that privilege in my mind when Virginia lost to Cuse.

Keep in mind though that @Jhmoss1812 is only the best rustler on this board because I let him be. I'm a black belt when I want to be but right now this board needs truth tellers.

@randyfoye combo or whatever needs to return and @bkingUK could win this thread if he put his mind to it.

A person who has a black belt in rusting would be able to do better than this. Weak flame bruh. But I respect you for respecting me. So we're still cool.

Reactions: jhmossy
Last edited:
Reactions: LaettnersStomp
ADVERTISEMENT