ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best CBB HC coach at recruiting?

Hell no we will never know because the corrupt NCAA swept it under the rug just like the academic crap at North Carolina.

UK got 3 years probation over an alleged $1,000.

Holy Shit.
I read where they didn't investigate it further because it was a situation where the two parties, being Lance Thomas and the jeweler, did not have to cooperate with the NCAA. Therefore they didn't tell them anything. The NCAA had nothing to go off of except for what was publicly known so they dropped the case.

Couldn't you also say that common sense tells you that he likely got $30,000 for a down payment from a booster related to the program? I mean that makes more sense than using common sense to question why Duke would pay money to an average basketball player. Both are illegal under the NCAA guidelines and would lead to the games being revoked that he played in after taking a loan. If that's what he did of course but we'll never know.
I don't think that is as much common sense. It is certainly a possibility, I don't know. Like I have said a few times before, if Lance got paid, that means that Josh Hairston had to have been paid too. Could you imagine that?

Hell no we will never know because the corrupt NCAA swept it under the rug just like the academic crap at North Carolina.

Holy Shit.
The NCAA had nothing to do with covering anything up.

1. The Jeweler would have to of known where the money came from and told NCAA.

2. Duke would have had to admit to giving improper benefits.

3. Thomas would have had to admit to recieving improper benefits.

The Jeweler wouldn't have known, and he just wanted his money back.

2 and 3 would be stupid by either party. Let's say this was a case of improper benefits. This would be a prime example of why it would be stupid to self report to the NCAA. STFU and move on. I don't want to think that Duke operates in this way, but would it shock me? A little, but not so much that I would freak out or anything.

End of the day, you have made this out to be a much bigger deal than any unc fan I know and that's just nuts.

The NCAA had nothing to do with covering anything up.

1. The Jeweler would have to of known where the money came from and told NCAA.

2. Duke would have had to admit to giving improper benefits.

3. Thomas would have had to admit to recieving improper benefits.

The Jeweler wouldn't have known, and he just wanted his money back.

2 and 3 would be stupid by either party. Let's say this was a case of improper benefits. This would be a prime example of why it would be stupid to self report to the NCAA. STFU and move on. I don't want to think that Duke operates in this way, but would it shock me? A little, but not so much that I would freak out or anything.

End of the day, you have made this out to be a much bigger deal than any unc fan I know and that's just nuts.
Its kind of what he does. Be dramatic and call posters names lol

I call BS.

I was worth ten times what Thomas' folks were worth and if my kid spent $500 on jewelry shit he would have been back home and never allowed to go back to college on my dime.

Kentucky got 3 years probation for $1,000 alleged to have been sent by Emory Airfreight.

BS, BS, BS, BS........................!

This is bitterness, Bert. You want everything to be equal to your personal experience, or in this case, your program's experience. I don't care enough about this stuff to look back at what Kentucky got fined for. But it appears that you are still not over it.

I will say this, good for you for being that kind of parent. But for the sake of relating these two hypotheticals, let's make some guesses here. You saved to send your kids to college? Assuming. Well, let's say that Lance's folks saved money to send him to college. He went to college on a full ride scholarship. Hmmm. I don't know, at all. But let's just say that his folks gave him at least a chunk of what they saved up for him to go to college. Is this what happened??? Who tf knows. Guess instead of assuming that Lance had clean money, we'll just assume he, a 4pt 5reb career player for Duke got dirty money just for wearing a Duke jersey.

We'll never know.

Holy Shit.

Looks like you have issues in letting stuff go so an old cat like yourself should of done this years ago. I have my opinions on UK and Duke when it comes to their drama but why rehash it?

Last edited:
It is only speculation as to where Thomas got $30,000. Does it raise eyebrows? Yeah. But who is to say that it had anything to do with Duke? If it were a player like Jay Williams or Elton Brand, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting, but Lance Thomas? Not buying it . Not saying that where he got the money was clean or it wasn't. Just that I can't see a program like Duke giving a kid like Thomas that kind of money. If they did, like I said earlier, I would hate to see what they are paying big time players.

i doubt Duke gave him the money
more than likely it came from an agent, which would still be against NCAA rules
i highly doubt the situation was on the up and up

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I read where they didn't investigate it further because it was a situation where the two parties, being Lance Thomas and the jeweler, did not have to cooperate with the NCAA. Therefore they didn't tell them anything. The NCAA had nothing to go off of except for what was publicly known so they dropped the case.

yep
the article i read stated that
it also stated that the remaining 70k was paid......hmmmmmmmmmmm

He was an NBA player when he was sued. Why is is so hard to fathom that he would have $68,000 to pay off a loan?

the 30k and the loan came during the college season
if not a booster or an agent where did the money come from?

i have never read anything on if the guy that sued him was a Duke fan or not
i would be curious to know

there is really not much sense rehashing this since all parties involved would not talk and the fact that neither Duke or K wanted to find out the truth, which is understandable considering what the consequences could have been

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
if not a booster or an agent where did the money come from?

i have never read anything on if the guy that sued him was a Duke fan or not
i would be curious to know

there is really not much sense rehashing this since all parties involved would not talk and the fact that neither Duke or K wanted to find out the truth, which is understandable considering what the consequences could have been
NM

BTW this is what i stated
Yes. I picked up what you were laying down after I posted it. Then edited it. But you caught it. That's on me.

But seriously. We don't know where the $30,000 down payment came from. It's just as much a possibility that it was his own money that may have come from his parents as it is him recieving improper benefits to you and me.

It was a very materialistic thing to do. It would be a very stupid thing to do if there were any raw deals that got him that money. But people are stupid, so who knows.... Non story regardless.

Yes. I picked up what you were laying down after I posted it. Then edited it. But you caught it. That's on me.

But seriously. We don't know where the $30,000 down payment came from. It's just as much a possibility that it was his own money that may have come from his parents as it is him recieving improper benefits to you and me.

It was a very materialistic thing to do. It would be a very stupid thing to do if there were any raw deals that got him that money. But people are stupid, so who knows.... Non story regardless.

no doubt it was a stupid thing to do
we will probably never know where the money came from or where the money was coming from in 15 days for the balance (apparently it never came)

i agree that there is very little reason to have much of a discussion on it

ADVERTISEMENT