ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the 2nd best point guard in the country?

Already does. If you are a big hoops fan, you should watch Vandy play some time.

We only have 2 Stallings recruits on this team and both are pretty athletic (Joe Toye and Clevon Brown). The other guys are so different than your typical Stallings guys that it's night and day.

Under Stallings, we had one or two guys capable of throwing down a nasty dunk on each team. This year's team has 10 out of 10 guys capable of doing so. We have two white guys, but one is an elite shooter at 6'8 (Matt Ryan) and the other is a center (Yanni Wetzell). No offense to whites, but the fewer you have the better typically.

Man, I did not realize that this was his 3rd year. He’s still got a little bit until he gets a full locker room of his guys, which hopefully won’t cause him any issues this year - especially after bringing in some 5* studs.

I’m sure I’ll catch them on the SEC Network some, especially when league play gets going.

Looks like ohpeeeeee went out and put a curse on his PG. Sucks for Garland. He should hang it up the rest of the year and go to the draft.

Vanderbilt’s season just went down the drain.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Really sucks for VU and Garland, hate that for them...

With that said, I love our PG. While he may put up some questionable shots at times, it’s ridiculous to question the effort, energy, and desire he puts in night in and night out to win...

He’s relentless.

I hope we have JH another year.

Garland's injury is apparently just to his meniscus, which is generally not a very serious injury. Without knowing details I would guess he'll be out minimum 2 weeks, max 8.

Done for the season... Vandy's luck is atrocious.

Unfortunate news in SEC Basketball: Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland will miss the rest of the season. The freshman guard and one-time Kentucky recruit suffered a meniscus injury in his left knee vs. Kent State on Friday and underwent surgery yesterday.

“Darius had a very successful surgery, and will be better than ever when he returns,” Bryce Drew said in a release from Vanderbilt. “Unfortunately, he will be out for the remainder of this season.”

that sucks, terrible news for all of us as diehard fans of the game.

Was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Huge loss. Hoping for a speedy recovery for the kid.

Scouts of seen him play enough that I think he'll still be a first round pick. Would love to see him play in college, but he has better days ahead of him.

Reactions: KisteK
Done for the season... Vandy's luck is atrocious.

Unfortunate news in SEC Basketball: Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland will miss the rest of the season. The freshman guard and one-time Kentucky recruit suffered a meniscus injury in his left knee vs. Kent State on Friday and underwent surgery yesterday.

“Darius had a very successful surgery, and will be better than ever when he returns,” Bryce Drew said in a release from Vanderbilt. “Unfortunately, he will be out for the remainder of this season.”
Wow, that sucks! Rare for a meniscus injury to be that bad that it would keep him out 4+ months.

ADVERTISEMENT