ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the 2nd best point guard in the country?

Friedas_Boss

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Team
Vanderbilt
Who is the second best point guard in the country behind Darius Garland?

Who are the candidates?

Vandy dude trying to get attention is pretty funny. Understandable, considering the only girls that ever went to parties at Vandy required air inflation first.

Garland had a big game. I think he scored 33 points after scoring just 3 the previous game. Good for him.

in all seriousness, have been looking forward to seeing Garland all season. But, topping the national PG list this season, let alone the SEC PG list is gonna be a tall order this year.

Waters
Harper

Garland had a big game. I think he scored 33 points after scoring just 3 the previous game. Good for him.

Pretty ridiculous bounce back. Drew sat Garland for the last 9 minutes of his last game as a teaching tool. Looks like it worked.

In all seriousness, if there is a better pure talent at PG, I'd love to see him. He still has some maturing to day in terms of speed of the game, cutting out mistakes, but if you need him to score or set up a score, he is nails.

Unfortunately, he'll be a one and done so he'll do his maturing in the NBA :(

Uh oh, is this one gonna age better than your Wade Baldwin hard on, OP?

giphy.gif

Reactions: KisteK and Hank_
Him and Carsen are in a league of their own. Would like to see them two go at it.

You troll like Riley LaChance shoots clutch free throws.

Ha, y'all were so mad about that Wade Baldwin post.

Poor Riley. I really liked him and Roberson, did not like Fisher-Davis, but that class was devoid of leaders and I'm extremely happy to see them move on. That was as mismatched of a team as I've ever seen.

Reactions: Hank_

Poor Riley. I really liked him and Roberson, did not like Fisher-Davis, but that class was devoid of leaders and I'm extremely happy to see them move on. That was as mismatched of a team as I've ever seen.

I always felt bad for MFD. Dude always looked like a great player, but just never could seem to stay healthy.

Once Drew has some time to get his guys in, Vandy will look a helluva lot different than those Stallings teams.

I always felt bad for MFD. Dude always looked like a great player, but just never could seem to stay healthy.

Once Drew has some time to get his guys in, Vandy will look a helluva lot different than those Stallings teams.

Already does. If you are a big hoops fan, you should watch Vandy play some time.

We only have 2 Stallings recruits on this team and both are pretty athletic (Joe Toye and Clevon Brown). The other guys are so different than your typical Stallings guys that it's night and day.

Under Stallings, we had one or two guys capable of throwing down a nasty dunk on each team. This year's team has 10 out of 10 guys capable of doing so. We have two white guys, but one is an elite shooter at 6'8 (Matt Ryan) and the other is a center (Yanni Wetzell). No offense to whites, but the fewer you have the better typically.

I was at the vandy game in Nashville. Absolutely could not believe he missed those free throws. Then to watch him do the same thing at Rupp. Wow

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Hometown hero, Orlando's very own, BJ Taylor is best PG in the nation.

When BJ was in HS, he had a cross town rival who went to UNC, Joel something... BJ was better than and he is better now.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

He isn’t better because he goes to UCF. Berry is a champion and back to back final 4’s. We shall see if you guys make it out the first weekend.

Here's my current top 20:

1. Carsen Edwards, Purdue
2. Ja Morant, Murray State
3. Shamorie Ponds, St.John's
4. Ty Jerome, Virginia
5. Tremont Waters, LSU
6. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
7. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
8. Jon Elmore, Marshall
9. Markus Howard, Marquette
10. Darius Garland, Vanderbilt
11. Jared Harper, Auburn
12. Alex Robinson, TCU
13. Ky Bowman, Boston College
14. Justin Robinson, Virginia Tech
15. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
16. McKinley Wright, Colorado
17. Josh Perkins, Gonzaga
18. Chris Clemons, Campbell
19. Jon Axel Gundmundsson, Davidson
20. Payton Pritchard, Oregon

I like the confidence. I’m just going to have to check out your squad now.

Please do. We are an very interesting team.

A Rise to Prominence only happens once for a program. UCF achieved in UCFootball. Now that begins for our other teams.

One crazy stat is at one point, all of UCFs fall sports teams were ranked in the Top 25. I think our basketball team is getting some votes again since the preseason after our huge Mrytel Beach Invitational championship

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Reactions: AWilli6995
Here's my current top 20:

1. Carsen Edwards, Purdue
2. Ja Morant, Murray State
3. Shamorie Ponds, St.John's
4. Ty Jerome, Virginia
5. Tremont Waters, LSU
6. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
7. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
8. Jon Elmore, Marshall
9. Markus Howard, Marquette
10. Darius Garland, Vanderbilt
11. Jared Harper, Auburn
12. Alex Robinson, TCU
13. Ky Bowman, Boston College
14. Justin Robinson, Virginia Tech
15. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
16. McKinley Wright, Colorado
17. Josh Perkins, Gonzaga
18. Chris Clemons, Campbell
19. Jon Axel Gundmundsson, Davidson
20. Payton Pritchard, Oregon

It’s hard to fathom that there are 9 better point guards in college basketball than Darius Garland.

I did see Ja Morant’s passing numbers and they are off the charts.

It’s hard to fathom that there are 9 better point guards in college basketball than Darius Garland.

I did see Ja Morant’s passing numbers and they are off the charts.

You might be right. I actually haven't seen him play yet. He's shooting lights-out, and he appears to be a big-time scorer. But he is a little low on assists. Is Saben Lee the primary ball-handler - or do they share the load equally?

And yes, Ja Morant is the real deal. He should be a first round pick.

Obviously tongue-in-cheek. Starks has a big mouth, but he did get the better of Carolina last year.

He did just that. Although technical Starks wasn't the reason we got dump trucked in that game, there advantage was the frontcourt and we got hit in the mouth and didn't retaliate.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT