ADVERTISEMENT

Which Point Guard is Better?

Which of these 2 Big Ten point guards is better?

• Cassius Winston

Votes: 60 89.6%
  • Jordan Bohannon

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
Since this is somehow an Iowa thread now, my favorite memory is Iowa fans saying that they had a better future than UVA after beating us in the NIT like 5 years ago.

Whoops.

Reactions: KisteK
Since this is somehow an Iowa thread now, my favorite memory is Iowa fans saying that they had a better future than UVA after beating us in the NIT like 5 years ago.

Whoops.
and they did going to 3 straight NCAAT and winning 2 1st round games as a 7 seed losing to #2 seed Gonzaga a FF team in the 2nd season
then losing to #2 seed Villinova who ended up winning the NCAAT
they did do some good things after that season,

now Iowa is poised to be even better than that team going forward. this seasons team returns their top 11 scholarships players and add 4* PG Connor and 4* SG/WG Wieskamp for the 18-19 season

the thing I like about Wieskamp is he is avg'ing 13.7 rpg at 6'6 and is a very good defender as is Connor.

and they did going to 3 straight NCAAT and winning 2 1st round games as a 7 seed losing to #2 seed Gonzaga a FF team in the 2nd season
then losing to #2 seed Villinova who ended up winning the NCAAT
they did do some good things after that season,

now Iowa is poised to be even better than that team going forward. this seasons team returns their top 11 scholarships players and add 4* PG Connor and 4* SG/WG Wieskamp for the 18-19 season

the thing I like about Wieskamp is he is avg'ing 13.7 rpg at 6'6 and is a very good defender as is Connor.

I didn't say you didn't do good things. But you definitely didn't do better things than UVA.

Reactions: KisteK
2 whole first round wins? Wow. Get this team a participation ribbon already!

Reactions: jhmossy
J Bo for sure. Much deeper range.
when you factor in the number of 3's he shoots and how many assists he gets its really amazing.
if you look at him shooting 205 3's and still getting 166 assists its a wonder how he does it.

then why did your team play in the NIT where you lost to Iowa.

then Iowa went to 3 straight NCAAT

Because we got absolutely boned by the committee that year.

I'll take UVA's success over Iowa's "success" every single day of the week.

Probably because 4-star talent doesn't want to play in the NIT
for the record the 18-19 team will have 6 4* players by ESPN and 4 4* players by Rivals
these join the team
RSFR 4* TOP 100 PG Connor top 150 4* by Rivals
FR 4* TOP 100 G Wieskamp #69 by ESPN # 42 by Rivals

Connor will be that backup PG that team was so desperately missing and Wieskamp will be that solid 5th starter they did not have this year.

Because we got absolutely boned by the committee that year.

I'll take UVA's success over Iowa's "success" every single day of the week.
and yet Iowa who started 3 FR, 1 JR and 1 SO still beat Virginia ON THEIR HOME COURT.

here could be Iowa starting lineup using ESPN ranking

4* JR PG 6'0 Bohannon in the 105-110 range
4* FR SG 6'6 Wieskamp #69
4* JR WG 6'5 Moss in the 101 thru 105 range
4* JR PF 6'9 Cook #38 overall
4* SO C 6'11 Garza top 100
off the bench
4* RSFR PG 6'5 Connor top 100

to find a more loaded Iowa team you have to back to Davis's teams and back to Lute's team that shared the BT Championship then went to the FF the next with a team that had 3 SENIOR STARTERS.

you and others are forgetting his foot injury, the 1st 26 games while the foot was bothering him he had 11 steals, since got to 100% he had 10 steals in 5 games.

the team defense was poor to bad, but the last couple games have shown improvement.

they will have 6'5 PG Connor fully healthy next season. then there is 6'6 Wieskamp a SG/WG that will be that 5th starter. both are very good defenders.

even 6'4 PG/SG Fredrick is a very good defender, but what I like is the FT% they bring to the table at over 85%.

6'7 PG/SG Dailey spent the whole season learning the PG Position has the length and speed to guard anybody at the 1-2-3.

Garza is only going to get better and has 32 blocks on the season. even Nunge has 25 blocks
Nunge had to get used to playing the 4 or 5 and played the 3 out of necessity and is tied for 2nd on the team in steals with 21, Moss, Cook and Bohannon all have 21 steals,
Baer leads with 25 steals in 25 games. as a team

next season it will be much improved and Bohannon minutes will go down with a healthy Connor, Moss who is getting better on defense and scoring who is 2nd on the team in assists, will move to the 3 where he played as a FR when Jok was here.

finally nobody will need to play out of position.

Solid points Gil. Youve won me over.

Weird deal here. So you want me to admit I was wrong about Zion whenever that was? I probably have admitted that already. He was a beast. So, you are right. Congrats, lol.

Carsen Edward's is better than both those scrubs.

25a5d56f-13b1-4ebd-a6ea-13614ce45fa5-Michigan_State_Michigan_030_14.jpg

cassius-winston-of-the-michigan-state-spartans-cuts-down-the-net-picture-id1136462481

SPORTS-BKC-MICHIGANSTATE-DUKE-3-GET-900x600.jpg

Reactions: MGC_07 and bMORE607
Weird deal here. So you want me to admit I was wrong about Zion whenever that was? I probably have admitted that already. He was a beast. So, you are right. Congrats, lol.

We all say dumb stuff, that's partly what makes message boards so great. Fun to look back at see some of the idiotic stuff we say. I'm sure you could find a few terrible takes on my end, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT