ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of car will EJ Montgomery buy?

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
Herro got himself a Maserati. SmokinSmile

He"ll probably be back but him leaving would be as egregious as Frank Jackson and Gary Trent Jr. leaving after 1 year from Duke.

UK fans, do you think Cal puts a full court press to get Blackshear if EJ does stay in the draft?

No way he gets told he's a first rounder. He'll be back.
EJ definitely has 1st round talent and potential. Literally no draft guy ever considered that EJ would enter the draft till now so they never included him in their draft boards. They"ll have to make that assessment now about whether his NBA potential as a PF lands him at the end of the 1st Round or not.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
EJ made some strides this year. The game was just too fast for him until about February. Kid got lost in every PnR situation, and isn’t strong enough to body up in the paint.

After a good offseason of S&C and another year of working with KP, he could easily be a lottery pick next year.

I think UK is going for Blackshear regardless.

Reactions: BayouBull
EJ is just doing a PJ. He'll be back, unless he's guaranteed 1st round. Cal is interested in Nevada Transfer Jordan Brown. I think Cal wants him more than Blackshear.

Cal is seeking another guard, either a transfer or reclassify.

EJ definitely has 1st round talent and potential. Literally no draft guy ever considered that EJ would enter the draft till now so they never included him in their draft boards. They"ll have to make that assessment now about whether his NBA potential as a PF lands him at the end of the 1st Round or not.

The thing with EJ is he’s not super long and not super athletic. He’s got height. I don’t see him as a guy that nba teams go crazy over in workouts. He’s going to have to produce.

EJ is just doing a PJ. He'll be back, unless he's guaranteed 1st round. Cal is interested in Nevada Transfer Jordan Brown. I think Cal wants him more than Blackshear.

Brown won’t be eligible to play this coming year unless there’s some kind of potential hardship we don’t know about.

Blackshear seems unlikely regardless of how high he is on Cal’s list.

So glad the UK kids actually stay in school to finish out the semester.Eyeroll

They make these things called airplanes. They go really fast, cover large distances in short period of times.

Both Johnson and Herro did in studio interviews in Lexington on Wednesday.

They’re still around, even though most of their classes are online.

So glad the UK kids actually stay in school to finish out the semester.Eyeroll
That’s a nice car. It’s interesting to see what people do with their money when they get it for the first time ever in their lives. I know if I got what he’s got coming to him then my first thought would be first class airfare to several places around the world taking up 2-3 months of vacation. Those guys don’t really have that as an option since they gotta get to work immediately. They all always seem to flaunt the car and jewelry first.

I remember reading a story about Dwayne Wade and how he stared at his first NBA check for an hour before doing anything. I think he said it was $58,000. My first real check post college was nowhere near that big but it was the first time in my life I was bringing in good money. I also stared at my first check for like 10 minutes like Wade did with his. Lol

Reactions: bignish
Johnson, Herro, and Washington are the only Uk players that I can remember flaunting around their cars like this.

I probably would do the same, but I lost a bit of respect for them. I liked watching them play on the court though.

Hopefully they don’t just blow all of their money and have some smarts about it.

Definitely think KJ is the most cocky out of them all even though I believe the other 2 are the most ready and likely to succeed in the NBA more than him.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Herro in Chicago last weekend with a mighty fine lady, holy hell. My UK boyz out with the bling bling, fast cars, hot chicks, and agents throwing $$$$ Enjoy it kids!!

That’s a nice car. It’s interesting to see what people do with their money when they get it for the first time ever in their lives. I know if I got what he’s got coming to him then my first thought would be first class airfare to several places around the world taking up 2-3 months of vacation. Those guys don’t really have that as an option since they gotta get to work immediately. They all always seem to flaunt the car and jewelry first.

I remember reading a story about Dwayne Wade and how he stared at his first NBA check for an hour before doing anything. I think he said it was $58,000. My first real check post college was nowhere near that big but it was the first time in my life I was bringing in good money. I also stared at my first check for like 10 minutes like Wade did with his. Lol

Completely OT. But this is a pretty cool tribute to Dwayne Wade. Worth 4 minutes of your time.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Johnson, Herro, and Washington are the only Uk players that I can remember flaunting around their cars like this.

I probably would do the same, but I lost a bit of respect for them. I liked watching them play on the court though.

Hopefully they don’t just blow all of their money and have some smarts about it.

Definitely think KJ is the most cocky out of them all even though I believe the other 2 are the most ready and likely to succeed in the NBA more than him.

I think Washington is the only one of the 3 that get a second contract. Herro is an elite shot maker from pretty much anywhere on the floor and he doesn’t need to be set either. But he is a modest athlete and a bit undersized for an nba 2 guard.

Monk is similar but better than Herro in nearly ever way and even he’s struggled to find consistent minutes.

Johnson has a lot of holes in his game.

Herro got himself a Maserati. SmokinSmile

He"ll probably be back but him leaving would be as egregious as Frank Jackson and Gary Trent Jr. leaving after 1 year from Duke.

UK fans, do you think Cal puts a full court press to get Blackshear if EJ does stay in the draft?
Herro will not be back. He has already got the information he needs to know he will be a top 20 pick.

Cal would prefer Blackshear. He would be eligible immediately.

They make these things called airplanes. They go really fast, cover large distances in short period of times.

Both Johnson and Herro did in studio interviews in Lexington on Wednesday.

They’re still around, even though most of their classes are online.
49f2f158ae29de559bacd912d60415daa85207af0081ebb96c2a787947ed8447.jpg

To my knowledge, the only OAD that didn’t finish the semester was Daniel Orton.

Compliance stays all over these kids for the APR. Most probably have tutors doing their work, anyway. All they have to do is be somewhat present.

Plus, imagine all the college trim falling all over these guys. Why wouldn’t you want to stay in Lexington at least 2 or 3 days a week?

I think Washington is the only one of the 3 that get a second contract. Herro is an elite shot maker from pretty much anywhere on the floor and he doesn’t need to be set either. But he is a modest athlete and a bit undersized for an nba 2 guard.

Monk is similar but better than Herro in nearly ever way and even he’s struggled to find consistent minutes.

Johnson has a lot of holes in his game.
JJ Reddick says hi.

I could see that. Their freshman seasons were similar. JJ stayed 4 years. Herro left after one. The differences in how their careers play out will be interesting.
Herro will have more time to develop in the NBA than Reddick had. I think he will do well.

Yikes, not very smart money management.
You dont actually think he bought that car do you? When you see all those players wearing flashy jewelry on draft night they didn't buy that that either. Hate to burst your bubble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT