ADVERTISEMENT

What is with blue blood hiring...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
the last few years? Do you have to of played at the school now? None of these dudes were remotely qualified for these jobs.

UNC - Hurbert
Duke - Scheyer
UK - Pope
IU - Wooden
Louisville - Payne

Congrats to Kansas and Michigan st. On hiring Kirk Heinrich and Draymond Green in the coming years

I was disappointed to hear the hire last night. That said, he has my full support until he proves he can’t handle it. He loves Kentucky and is going to work his ass off. Thats more than we can say about Cal
I dont doubt he can coach. He going to get talent though?

What baffles me is how many of these “ men“ are passing on blue blood jobs. If Drew is fired at UK in four years, it’s not like his coaching career is going to be completely over. Could you imagine Google reaching out to a hospital CEO about their vacancy at the same position and that employee shunning them because he is happier in Waco Texas? Seems to be very few alpha men out there.

What baffles me is how many of these “ men“ are passing on blue blood jobs. If Drew is fired at UK in four years, it’s not like his coaching career is going to be completely over. Could you imagine Google reaching out to a hospital CEO about their vacancy at the same position and that employee shunning them because he is happier in Waco Texas? Seems to be very few alpha men out there.
The issue is these guys are already making life changing money. Baylor has also shown it can win a national title to. He has been there 21 years so I someone get it

Turning down the circus of a UK job makes a fella an alpha? LMFAO good lord

If you're Scott Drew, would you rather stay at Baylor where you are gonna make 5m or whatever and can stay forever and get a statue, or go to UK with a rabid fanbase and make 8-9m? Drew was ready for UK but it's a tough choice to uproot your family. Can't blame him for staying. I did want Oats and it seems like they didn't try for him which sucks. He's Pitino 2.0

This screams, “Gillespie!”

Pope ain't a drunk, UK will be fine.

the last few years? Do you have to of played at the school now? None of these dudes were remotely qualified for these jobs.

UNC - Hurbert
Duke - Scheyer
UK - Pope
IU - Wooden
Louisville - Payne

Congrats to Kansas and Michigan st. On hiring Kirk Heinrich and Draymond Green in the coming years
Wooden would have been a better hire...

Maybe hes more Alpha than you think----Possibly his decision was a family decision? IMO, takes a pretty big man to make that type of decision

IU is not a blue blood anymore, while Louisville and MSU were never blue bloods to begin with.
Just for shits and giggles---And to be clear, I couldn't give two ****s about "blue blood this or that..."---Its meaningless.

But anyhow---Say IU wins the title next year---So now what? Where do you rank a program that has 6 titles, Top 10 in wins, NCAAT wins, NCAAT appearancves, FF's. And lets keep this dream going----say they go back to back. Now they have 7...

Now what? Does back to back titles wipe out 25+ years of being ass? If so, huh? What sense does this make? What made IU a blue blood to begin with? What , a couple titles under McCracken? Then 3 with KNight? IU has won titles in 4 different decades....40's. 50's, 70's and 80's....Been to a FF in 6 different decades---90's and 2000's.

Argument isn't for IU---again, don't care....But more so of, is being a "blue blood" something you gain over what----being good for 20 years....30....40....50? I mean to be hnest here, outside of McCracken and KNight, IU was pretty much shit....Few good teams under Dean....Other coaches as well. So Is it IU's titles, wins, NCAAT wins, NCAAT appearances, that made them a "blue blood"----If so, then how are they no longer one?

Turning down the circus of a UK job makes a fella an alpha? LMFAO good lord
That’s not what I said at all. I said nobody stepped up for the UK job because they are all Betas. It’s a top of the pyramid job and everybody kept looking for reasons not to take it because of fear. In 40 years nobody will remember the head coach at Baylor, but all of the names of the UK coaches will be.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
ADVERTISEMENT