ADVERTISEMENT

What is Kansas’s preferred region for NCAA Tournament? Indianapolis or Houston?

red_cedar

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2003
Most of the bracketologists have Kansas in the Midwest, but I heard some chatter that they may actually prefer to be in the Houston regional. Does anyone actually know which region Kansas would submit as their preferred location?

Not sure how much Kansas would like playing in the Midwest with a potential E8 game against Kentucky/UL in Indy.

I don't think anybody in the program has publicly said which region they prefer but I think most of us fans want them to pick Houston over Indianapolis.

Potential 2, 3 and 4's in the Midwest are Louisville, Kentucky, Michigan State, Dayton and Ohio State, and on top of that there will likely be 2-3 Big 10 teams placed in there. Every single one of these schools would have the crowd advantage if KU played them in the S16 or E8, most likely.

If they're in Houston you got University of Houston and LSU to deal with. Plus it's just as easy to get to as Indianapolis and the alumni base will be a lot bigger locally.

To me it's a no brainer decision for them.

Reactions: Hank_
I don't think anybody in the program has publicly said which region they prefer but I think most of us fans want them to pick Houston over Indianapolis.

Potential 2, 3 and 4's in the Midwest are Louisville, Kentucky, Michigan State, Dayton and Ohio State, and on top of that there will likely be 2-3 Big 10 teams placed in there. Every single one of these schools would have the crowd advantage if KU played them in the S16 or E8, most likely.

If they're in Houston you got University of Houston and LSU to deal with. Plus it's just as easy to get to as Indianapolis and the alumni base will be a lot bigger locally.

To me it's a no brainer decision for them.
Additionally, there’s a much higher concentration of KU alumni in Texas than in Indianapolis. If memory serves, cities with the most KU alumni in descending order are KC, Wichita, Chicago, DFW, Houston, OKC, and Tulsa. A game in Houston keeps KU in a close area to the bulk of its alumni base.

Competitively.....I don't think it matters. I think Id rather play a name school than a mid major. Kansas travels as well as anyone and if the past has shown us---I don't think the site gives us a competitive advantage one way or the other.

Yeah...not sure why anyone in the KU camp would prefer Indianapolis over Houston. Basically all KU fans are in agreement that it's the way to go.

Which means they'll probably choose the Midwest.

I want Kansas to go west. Kick zags out and take SDSU as their 2. Seems like west is always the easiest bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT