ADVERTISEMENT

What’s happened to Wichita St?

for some unknown reason my youngest son decided he would rather go to WSU than KU this year. He hasn't been to a single WSU game and watches most of the KU games from his dorm room. Not sure what his thinking was.

for some unknown reason my youngest son decided he would rather go to WSU than KU this year. He hasn't been to a single WSU game and watches most of the KU games from his dorm room. Not sure what his thinking was.

Most be chasing a chick but yeah can’t imagine many people choose WSU over KU unless it’s for big scholarship $$

I mean, we are talking about Wichita St. Last I checked, John Wooden isn’t recruiting for them.

I mean, we are talking about Wichita St. Last I checked, John Wooden isn’t recruiting for them.
Ole Greggg should personally thank Bill Self for not taking the bait on that home and home he whined about through every ESPN pundit and bad podcasters.

on the plus side NOONE is pulling him from WSU and paying him 4 milli a year.

Marshall should have left 3 years ago when the Iron was hot.

Reactions: KisteK
They pretty much lost their whole team from last year minus McDuffie and Haynes-Jones. I want to say they had 6 seniors graduate and 2-3 guys transfer. Hard to win with incoming 3-star recruits and JUCOs.

Reactions: KisteK
A lot of marginally successful High Major programs, both nationally and regionally, have been focusing on their recruiting targets over the last 3 to 4 years.

KState, OU, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Arkansas, Creighton, and Colorado have all recently signed players who were likely heading to Wichita State 3 to 5 years ago.

Marshall probably should've seen that coming.

Jace tried to argue that Marshall > Beilein and the basketball gods decided to dunk on him this season.
Dude, you wanted me to name 10 random coaches on the spot who I thought were better. Congratulations, you found one that's struggling this year. I honestly don't remember anymore than a couple of coaches I mentioned....that's including Marshall. I believe you, if you say I did then I probably did. Apparently its sticking with you for some random reason.

Lol...I had already forgotten about this...its been 8 months I can't believe that you're still holding onto this.

Seems like they have been struggling in their newer conference... probably hurt recruiting some too.

They found some under the radar guys that were very talented. IRIC, Ron Baker was a D2 recruit that came to WSU to walk on. Cleanthony Early was a stud from a juco. Fred Vanvleet was a stud from Illinois that somehow fell through the cracks. They haven't found as many under recruited guys the last few years. I think they also expected Landry Shamet to be back, that was a big loss.

eta they lost Chris Jans to New Mexico St and a lot of people have suggested he was a big part of WSU success.

Dude, you wanted me to name 10 random coaches on the spot who I thought were better. Congratulations, you found one that's struggling this year. I honestly don't remember anymore than a couple of coaches I mentioned....that's including Marshall. I believe you, if you say I did then I probably did. Apparently its sticking with you for some random reason.

Lol...I had already forgotten about this...its been 8 months I can't believe that you're still holding onto this.
There aren’t 10 better coaches than Beilein right now. There weren’t 10 better coaches 8 months ago either.

Reactions: GE Nole

My post was clearly an in-good-taste joke. Stop being so uptight.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There aren’t 10 better coaches than Beilein right now. There weren’t 10 better coaches 8 months ago either.
8 months ago, I disagree...but to each his own. His teams have consistently struggled up until March. Minus a few outlier seasons, they were never a team who was considered a threat leading up to March. In order to be considered a top 10 coach, I think his teams should be consistently considered a threat to win and get to final 4s.

Now, if your only criteria is strictly the tournament...then with the run he's been on....I completely agree. He's recently shown a high ability to get his teams to play their best ball in March.

But going into this season, if for not a last second 3....no one would have been saying he's a top 10 coach.

8 months ago, I disagree...but to each his own. His teams have consistently struggled up until March. Minus a few outlier seasons, they were never a team who was considered a threat leading up to March. In order to be considered a top 10 coach, I think his teams should be consistently considered a threat to win and get to final 4s.

Now, if your only criteria is strictly the tournament...then with the run he's been on....I completely agree. He's recently shown a high ability to get his teams to play their best ball in March.

But going into this season, if for not a last second 3....no one would have been saying he's a top 10 coach.
Michigan has been a consistent threat most of this decade. Moreso than coaches of other schools you might be considering in your top 10 coaches list right now. If you really included Gregg Marshall over John Beilein 8 months ago then something tells me you didn’t do much research and really just needed to reply to hail.

By the way, what would be your top 10?

Michigan has been a consistent threat most of this decade. Moreso than coaches of other schools you might be considering in your top 10 coaches list right now. If you really included Gregg Marshall over John Beilein 8 months ago then something tells me you didn’t do much research and really just needed to reply to hail.

And Sean Miller

Michigan lost a national title game to a team that vacated that title 6 years ago.

Michigan lost on a last second three in the elite 8 5 years ago.

Michigan had Derrick Walton miss a game winner wide open three that would have got Michigan to the elite 8 two years ago.

You can’t really nitpick tournament craziness (ie. focusing on Poole’s buzzer beater) and not consider that Michigan has been on the wrong side of that luck at times, too.

But this has already been explained and we’ve moved on. I just made a joke and it wasn’t suppose to be anything more than that. Let’s just move on again. Beilein is a great coach and I’m happy to have him. Agree to disagree.

leaving the MVC a conference they could dominate year in and year out. they moved to a coference where they can't dominate and it is catching up to them.

Reactions: speedfrk

Huh?

So, let me get this straight, because my opinion on a random arbitrary list was different than yours, it must mean I didn't do any research?

About my top 10....honestly, this topic was discussed repeatedly in the past and I personally don't care to go down this rabbit hole again. Especially with someone who apparently thinks that if I have a different opinion, its because I don't have a grasp on the topic.

If you'd like to see what I thought just off the top of my head 8 months, or so ago...you can do some research and find it.

Huh?

So, let me get this straight, because my opinion on a random arbitrary list was different than yours, it must mean I didn't do any research?

About my top 10....honestly, this topic was discussed repeatedly in the past and I personally don't care to go down this rabbit hole again. Especially with someone who apparently thinks that if I have a different opinion, its because I don't have a grasp on the topic.

If you'd like to see what I thought just off the top of my head 8 months, or so ago...you can do some research and find it.
Hail has a way of pestering people to get them to say something that he can later use against them. I feel like if you listed your top 10 coaches it was at his request and I feel like you were running out of names so you just threw in Gregg Marshall and Sean Miller to fill out your top 10. Neither of those guys should have been listed ahead of John Belein 8 months ago. That’s my opinion but I feel like it’s one most would agree with.

I’m not gonna search for it but I’m assuming it was in a pinned Big 10 thread? If so then nobody is gonna see that outside of the handful of guys that check it out everyday. Honestly, I just assume those threads are filled with nothing but people arguing about Iowa all day everyday.

Hail has a way of pestering people to get them to say something that he can later use against them. I feel like if you listed your top 10 coaches it was at his request and I feel like you were running out of names so you just threw in Gregg Marshall and Sean Miller to fill out your top 10. Neither of those guys should have been listed ahead of John Belein 8 months ago. That’s my opinion but I feel like it’s one most would agree with.

I’m not gonna search for it but I’m assuming it was in a pinned Big 10 thread? If so then nobody is gonna see that outside of the handful of guys that check it out everyday. Honestly, I just assume those threads are filled with nothing but people arguing about Iowa all day everyday.

Who, me??

Are there any Shocker fans that post here?
AgreeableObeseGreatdane-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Just had to laugh at both those, that's all..

Hail's MO and the time there was a WSU fan here.

Wonder where he went....

Ole Greggg should personally thank Bill Self for not taking the bait on that home and home he whined about through every ESPN pundit and bad podcasters.

on the plus side NOONE is pulling him from WSU and paying him 4 milli a year.

And he should have recognized his chance and split. Now he just another coach in a mediocre program. I realize he has a pretty big contract but he is number 3, and the top two are far ahead of him.

They lost 6 seniors and another kid went NBA. Still would've had a "decent" team, but Lomax went (back) to Penny and Austin Reaves (and a lesser underclassman) transferred out.. never mind the NCAA denying Teddy Allen a waiver to play immediately.
Went from
Lomax
Allen
Reaves
McDuffie
+ others

To only having McDuff and others.

No cares that they're having a rough year, but I do feel a tad for McDuffie. Good kid.

ADVERTISEMENT