ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Auburn...

Well, Nick and Kirk did go to back to back final fours and a national title game.

But what do those things matter to a program like Iowa, amirite?
You're suppose to win those games, not that it matters to a program like Kansas who is done winning those things, amirite?......................

So yeah, lots of good they did you, when they could've spent their years helping to elevate Iowa instead.

But Roy was able to lie to them and sway them to trade a corn field for a wheat field, and you ultimately failed to meet your own expectations. For shame..........

You're suppose to win those games, not that it matters to a program like Kansas who is done winning those things, amirite?......................

So yeah, lots of good they did you, when they could've spent their years helping to elevate Iowa instead.

But Roy was able to lie to them and sway them to trade a corn field for a wheat field, and you ultimately failed to meet your own expectations. For shame..........
Well, you’re supposed to win 2nd round games too, but the last time Iowa did that, Nick and Kirk weren’t on campus yet.🤣

What did Roy lie about?

Are we all gonna get on here Tuesday night and shit post the Barn to hell after Arkansas beats them, or what's the deal?
Auburn could lose to Arkansas and there’s not too many of us that think we’re going to sweep the SEC. They could lose to Tennessee and Florida on the road. The way that our guards played against UGA, honestly, they probably need to lose a couple to let reality set in. IDGAF about the rankings anymore. I hope they can win the SEC Title, The SEC Championship, and secure a number one bid.

@kyjeff1 to answer your question on your board as of why if we’re so good, why did we struggle against Mizzou and Georgia.

Come on man. We are good. Are there weaknesses? Of course. Why did y’all struggle with Bama? Why couldn’t Bama hit a three? Why did Mizzou beat Bama? Why did Ole Miss beat LSU? Why did y’all struggle with TAMU? Why didn’t y’all blowout UGA at home? You can’t be up for every game in our conference and you know this.

Auburn could lose to Arkansas and there’s not too many of us that think we’re going to sweep the SEC. They could lose to Tennessee and Florida on the road. The way that our guards played against UGA, honestly, they probably need to lose a couple to let reality set in. IDGAF about the rankings anymore. I hope they can win the SEC Title, The SEC Championship, and secure a number one bid.

@kyjeff1 to answer your question on your board as of why if we’re so good, why did we struggle against Mizzou and Georgia.

Come on man. We are good. Are there weaknesses? Of course. Why did y’all struggle with Bama? Why couldn’t Bama hit a three? Why did Mizzou beat Bama? Why did Ole Miss beat LSU? Why did y’all struggle with TAMU? Why didn’t y’all blowout UGA at home? You can’t be up for every game in our conference and you know this.
UK struggled with Alabama? That's news to me. Oscar played horrible ball and we lost the rebounding battle, but we won by 11. What am I missing? Y'all only won by 4 at Bama.

Besides, are you comparing a 1 point win at Mizzou and a 2 point win at UGA, to an 11 point win at Alabama? Cool (not really).

Reactions: Aberdale
Well, you’re supposed to win 2nd round games too, but the last time Iowa did that, Nick and Kirk weren’t on campus yet.🤣
Hey now, let's stick to the main focus here. And that would be Kansas stealing Iowa HS basketball players and then failing to meet expectations with them..........

What did Roy lie about?
Everything.

But mainly he lied to get those guys to go to Kansas (and later UNC) instead of somewhere in-state. Hell, Drake would've been more acceptable than what ended up happening.

#irrefutible facts

:cool:

Hey now, let's stick to the main focus here. And that would be Kansas stealing Iowa HS basketball players and then failing to meet expectations with them..........

Everything.

But mainly he lied to get those guys to go to Kansas (and later UNC) instead of somewhere in-state. Hell, Drake would've been more acceptable than what ended up happening.

#irrefutible facts

:cool:
So everybody that lands a couple solid recruits should expect to win the national title?

Imagine what DC-area fans think of NPOY Garza's postseason achievements. 🤣

UK struggled with Alabama? That's news to me. Oscar played horrible ball and we lost the rebounding battle, but we won by 11. What am I missing? Y'all only won by 4 at Bama.

Besides, are you comparing a 1 point win at Mizzou and a 2 point win at UGA, to an 11 point win at Alabama? Cool (not really).
That’s all you got out of my statement? JFC
Nah man, you’re good. You’re the only team in the SEC that hasn’t struggled. Those two losses were just “Luck”. Even when Auburn gets the SEC Title, they should just give it to you…you know…blueblood and all.

Nah man, you’re good. You’re the only team in the SEC that hasn’t struggled. Those two losses were just “Luck”. Even when Auburn gets the SEC Title, they should just give it to you…you know…blueblood and all.
Go back and read your post LOL, what else was I supposed to take from it?
UK didn’t struggle with Alabama, they won a rock fight by 11 and stymied Bama's 3 point shooting like nobody else has, but somehow UK struggled?
Why did you throw a tantrum here though? Such a bad look, you took your ball and stomped your feet down the hallway to your room. LMAO.

You guys are the hunted now. Teams are going to play you tough. But your guys got a little selfish against UGA. Smith took a total of 7 shots, Johnson and Green combined for 39 shots. That's a horrible disparity. Your guards better get their stuff together. Crucial for tournament play.

BTW we were underdogs at Bama.....

Reactions: FlynAUround
Go back and read your post LOL, what else was I supposed to take from it?
UK didn’t struggle with Alabama, they won a rock fight by 11 and stymied Bama's 3 point shooting like nobody else has, but somehow UK struggled?
Why did you throw a tantrum here though? Such a bad look, you took your ball and stomped your feet down the hallway to your room. LMAO.
Because you failed to acknowledge the TAMU game, Ole Miss beating LSU, etc. Instead, you just wanted to correct me on saying you didn’t struggle against Bama. The “point” was you can’t get up for every game. Bama lost to Mizzou and Georgia, but beat Gonzaga, Baylor, and Houston.

You guys are the hunted now. Teams are going to play you tough. But your guys got a little selfish against UGA. Smith took a total of 7 shots, Johnson and Green combined for 39 shots. That's a horrible disparity. Your guards better get their stuff together. Crucial for tournament play.

BTW we were underdogs at Bama.....
Yeah the guards played selfish the other night. It was bad. I hope the lesson was learned, but it will probably take a bad “L” for that reality to sink in.
Let me correct myself. That was a big win against Bama on the road. I just thought Kentucky struggled offensively.

Because you failed to acknowledge the TAMU game, Ole Miss beating LSU, etc. Instead, you just wanted to correct me on saying you didn’t struggle against Bama. The “point” was you can’t get up for every game. Bama lost to Mizzou and Georgia, but beat Gonzaga, Baylor, and Houston.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Some programs can't handle the crown, UK doesn't have a choice, it has to wear the crown in the SEC, but now Auburn, UT and Bama are starting to feel some of that heat. It isn't fun when that crown has to go on the road.

Yeah the guards played selfish the other night. It was bad. I hope the lesson was learned, but it will probably take a bad “L” for that reality to sink in.
Let me correct myself. That was a big win against Bama on the road. I just thought Kentucky struggled offensively.
The game surprised me. 2 teams that like to get up and down turned into a defensive battle. We shot about 10% below our norm, but they were 28% lol and 10% from the 3. We were 40% and 36%. Plus we had more to's than assists which is unusual.

It will help you refocus. in 96 Pitno basically threw the sec tourney game against MSU. That was our 2nd loss of the year. He sat Walker the entire game. We probably would have won the natty anyway, we were loaded that year.

So everybody that lands a couple solid recruits should expect to win the national title? (Kansas does........and you failed.)

Imagine what DC-area fans think of NPOY Garza's postseason achievements. 🤣 (Don't have to, because I know. They don't care, because he was the NPOY and should've been back to back......)
How much longer until you quit again because you realize that no matter how many times you reply to me, one simple fact will always remain the same...........

Iowa > Kansas :cool:

The game surprised me. 2 teams that like to get up and down turned into a defensive battle. We shot about 10% below our norm, but they were 28% lol and 10% from the 3. We were 40% and 36%. Plus we had more to's than assists which is unusual.

It will help you refocus. in 96 Pitno basically threw the sec tourney game against MSU. That was our 2nd loss of the year. He sat Walker the entire game. We probably would have won the natty anyway, we were loaded that year.
My first College Basketball game was UK and Arky in the SECCG in 95 I believe. Rhoades missed both FTs at the end so the game went into OT. I was only 13, but I still remember it being a great game.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
My first College Basketball game was UK and Arky in the SECCG in 95 I believe. Rhoades missed both FTs at the end so the game went into OT. I was only 13, but I still remember it being a great game.

That was a great first game!

I was there as well. Rod was broken. He listened to too many people around him rather than Pitino. He hurt us against UNC in the elite 8 same year. Trying to out do Stackhouse.

AT one time we were 18 down in that game. What was fun, Arky had a great fan following. It was close to half and half that game. The fans around us were gracious in the loss. And it was fun interacting with them before and during the game.

Last edited:
That was a great first game!

I was there as well. Rod was broken. He listened to too many people around him rather than Pitino. He hurt us against UNC in the elite 8 same year. Trying to out do Stackhouse.

AT one time we were 18 down in that game. What was fun, Arky had a great fan following. It was close to half and half that game. The fans around us were gracious in the loss. And it was fun interacting with them before and during the game.

I’ve always wondered if Pitino didn’t ruin Rhodes by trying to turn him into a point forward.

I’ve always wondered if Pitino didn’t ruin Rhodes by trying to turn him into a point forward.
I don't know. Rod was very talented. He had the skills to be that. But he did have a lot of outside forces that influenced him. I think it came to a point he was no longer coachable. He also got into some trouble which didn't help his cause with Pitino.

Why did he transfer?

Pitino gave him his marching orders. Rhodes had no choice if he wanted to play.

I don't know. Rod was very talented. He had the skills to be that. But he did have a lot of outside forces that influenced him. I think it came to a point he was no longer coachable. He also got into some trouble which didn't help his cause with Pitino.

Auburn has been a little lucky but they have tons of options when they need a bucket. Just a really good team.

Reactions: WarEagle2727
Auburn has been a little lucky but they have tons of options when they need a bucket. Just a really good team.
We have played poorly and have a lot of luck they are shooting so poorly. This is a nail biter.

You always need some games like this though. Tourney games will be like this.
This is 3 games like this in a row for them - which is evidence of a deep rooted issue tbh. Auburn is content playing to the level of their competition. That spells doom come tourney time. Unlike the last two games for auburn, this is against decent competition tho, this would be a quad 1 win

KD Johnson just missed the rim on a wide open shot from 3 feet causing Kessler to foul out. Incredible lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT