ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia got screwed

usa_today_10610824.0.jpg

Lol

The fact Louisville played UVA to the buzzer is encouraging as a UK fan. Also, if that game happens, the contrasting tempos will be interesting.
Comparing like opponents is not a good game to play. WVU beat Virginia and KU went 3-0 against WVU. Yet I would want no part of Virginia:

Kentucky and Arizona are the ones who got hosed. This is a final 4 matchup kind of feel in the second round. Virginia only has to beat one of the two. Arizona, in my opinion, was under seeded, think they should have been a 3 seed.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Definitely not thrilled with the top half of the draw but I do like the bottom half if we are able to survive. I doubt many people will pick us to beat UK/AZ if we play them so the underdog role may be beneficial. I still have faith. We can frustrate both of those teams but I would rather play Arizona in Atlanta than Kentucky. Gotta get there first though.
no way Kentucky's freshmen have the patience and discipline on offense to beat you guys. if i were you id much rather face them than arizona

Reactions: jhmossy
So UVA has the team with the 7th best odds to win it all as their 4-seed and the team with the 12th best odds as their 5-seed.

#1 overall seed and they get stuck with the 2nd and 3rd best team in their region in the same half of the bracket. Arizona and Kentucky are better teams than Cincy and Tennessee. Heck, Kentucky proved they were better than Tenn a couple hours ago.

Virginia ended up with far and away the toughest #4 and #5's in the entire tourney. That shouldn't happen when you are the #1 overall.
Arizona should not have been a 4 seed and Kentucky should not have been a 5.

The NCAA is as crooked as an organization can get. The enforcement is as prejudicial as the selection process. Even the selection of facilities for the tournament is political and controlled for the benefit of certain States and schools. It is purely a spoils system that Stalin would be proud of.

Reactions: ymmot31
Virginia is the number one team. All they have to do is beat the winner of UK/AZ and then possibly Cinnci. what is wrong with that road?

The NCAA is as crooked as an organization can get. The enforcement is as prejudicial as the selection process. Even the selection of facilities for the tournament is political and controlled for the benefit of certain States and schools. It is purely a spoils system that Stalin would be proud of.
Tennessee beat you guys 2/3 Times, and shot like complete shit yesterday, yet still kept I️t within single digits. They should have a better seed.

Reactions: AWilli6995

This poast aged well

Reactions: mkuwonder
Exactly how many times has the best team really won this event since it went tot 64 teams?

Every time. That's the reason they play the games instead of just taking someone's opinion of who is best.

Not hardly- You don't create a championship tourney by featuring teams that were not close to being conference champions. The tourney is fun and exciting. It features good and not so good teams and should continuec But it does not always decide who is the best team.

ADVERTISEMENT