ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Rothstein Top 45 (2021-2022)

@Original_Irish Michigan finished national runner-ups twice in the past 9 seasons and in those years we finished 5th and 4th in the Big Ten.
Dude I'm messing with you. It's all satire.

I'm a Gonzaga/Pac 12 fan so it's fun to make fun of the Big 10's failure this year in the tourney by using the arguments that Big 10 fans used all season to downplay Gonzaga and the PAC.

Reactions: jhmossy
Dude I'm messing with you. It's all satire.

I'm a Gonzaga/Pac 12 fan so it's fun to make fun of the Big 10's failure this year in the tourney by using the arguments that Big 10 fans used all season to downplay Gonzaga and the PAC.
If Gonzaga would play a real schedule maybe you could make it over the hump.

Clearly not preparing you enough, you make it to title game to get ran thru by a real team.

If Gonzaga would play a real schedule maybe you could make it over the hump.

Clearly not preparing you enough, you make it to title game to get ran thru by a real team.
Whats the B1G excuse for no title in 20 years then, since yall get so much preperation during the brutal conf schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
Whats the B1G excuse for no title in 20 years then, since yall get so much preperation during the brutal conf schedule.
So let me get it what you are saying straight. The only conference that prepares teams, is the one that has the winner of the tournament?

Watch your regular Wisconsin vs Indians basketball game
Compare that to another conference . SEC, ACC or Big 12

If you can’t see the problems you aren’t paying attention
Better yet keep it on mute so you don’t have to listen to the announcers saying stupid shit.

• Haha
So let me get it what you are saying straight. The only conference that prepares teams, is the one that has the winner of the tournament?
That isn’t Gonzaga’s issue.

Watch Oklahoma vs Gonzaga
If you didn’t see the issues there you aren’t paying attention

Too many easy baskets. Team that knows they can score every time they get the ball so there is zero intensity on the defensive end

Watch Baylor vs Villanova
Villanova gave Baylor their best game.
It was on the defensive end because Baylor on offense can have issues because they play too much iso ball

His point was on the regular season last year. But the PAC had 4 Sweet 16 teams and the BIG had 1.
UCLA would have had more wins in the B1G

Everyone thought the B1G was this monster but it really wasn’t.

Arizona State and Stanford would have been tournament teams last year in the B1G. Weren’t in the Pac 12.

Your record is determined 50% by your competition and 50% by you
Shut up.

That isn’t Gonzaga’s issue.

Watch Oklahoma vs Gonzaga
If you didn’t see the issues there you aren’t paying attention

Too many easy baskets. Team that knows they can score every time they get the ball so there is zero intensity on the defensive end

Watch Baylor vs Villanova
Villanova gave Baylor their best game.
It was on the defensive end because Baylor on offense can have issues because they play too much iso ball
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Gonzaga isn’t winning a NC because they aren’t ever an elite defensive team
Has nothing to do with the West Coast Conference
They could win a NC playing in the WCC.

But they need to improve the defense. They are trying that with a rim protector this year.

Can’t have that. If a guy scores on you make it a low percentage shot
Not high percentage shots near the rim

Gonzaga isn’t winning a NC because they aren’t ever an elite defensive team
Has nothing to do with the West Coast Conference
They could win a NC playing in the WCC.

But they need to improve the defense. They are trying that with a rim protector this year.

Can’t have that. If a guy scores on you make it a low percentage shot
Not high percentage shots near the rim
That’s my whole point.

Conference has nothing to do with who wins a title.

Plenty of years the team that wins the title doesn’t come from the best overall conference.

Gonzaga would’ve contended for the title regardless if they were in the WCC or B1G or Big 12.

Earlier you said gonzaga might have won one already “get over the hump” if they played in a better conference with better competition.

Earlier you said gonzaga might have won one already “get over the hump” if they played in a better conference with better competition.
Sarcasm, clearly I was making fun of that logic.

By giving an absurd using said logic, he would’ve had to agree to my take or admit the the logic is flawed.

Reactions: Villian07
Link

By Conference:

A10:
1. St. Bonaventure (20th nationally)

AAC:
1. Houston (16th nationally)
2. Memphis (41st nationally)
3. Wichita State (42nd nationally)

ACC:
1. Duke (13th nationally)
2. Florida State (17th nationally)
3. Virginia Tech (22nd nationally)
4. North Carolina (23rd nationally)
5. Virginia (26th nationally)
6. Syracuse (27th nationally)
7. Georgia Tech (29th nationally)
8. Louisville (43rd nationally)
9. Notre Dame (44th nationally)

Big 12:
1. Kansas (4th nationally)
2. Baylor (8th nationally)
3. West Virginia (14th nationally)
4. Texas (21st nationally)
5. Oklahoma State (35th nationally)
6. Texas Tech (45th nationally)

Big East:
1. Villanova (3rd nationally)
2. UConn (24th nationally)
3. Xavier (36th nationally)

Big Ten:
1. Ohio State (5th nationally)
2. Purdue (6th nationally)
3. Michigan (9th nationally)
4. Maryland (11th nationally)
5. Michigan State (30th nationally)
6. Indiana (32nd nationally)
7. Illinois (34th nationally)

MVC:
1. Loyola Chicago (28th nationally)

MWC:
1. Nevada (37th nationally)
2. Colorado State (39th nationally)

OVC:
1. Belmont (38th nationally)

PAC 12:
1. UCLA (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (7th nationally)
3. USC (25th nationally)
4. Arizona (40th nationally)

SEC:
1. Auburn (10th nationally)
2. Alabama (12th nationally)
3. Arkansas (15th nationally)
4. Tennessee (18th nationally)
5. Kentucky (19th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (31st nationally)
7. LSU (33rd nationally)

WCC:
1. Gonzaga (1st nationally)
Good info thanks for posting OP

Imagine thinking Duke is only the 13th best team next year with Paolo Banchero coming in and Mark Williams returning.

We're going to pistol whip everyone next year can't wait. Good to be finally under the radar.

Imagine thinking Duke is only the 13th best team next year with Paolo Banchero coming in and Mark Williams returning.

We're going to pistol whip everyone next year can't wait. Good to be finally under the radar.
I think ppl are forgetting K isn't gone yet.

Reactions: wesr

Michigan will be better than Duke and he only has us 9th so I wouldn’t put too much into it

Do you folks really care about this stuff. The one thing I love about college hoops is that a winner is decided on the actual court. There should be no rankings of any kind until conference play begins.

So Duke is the best team in the country?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Do you folks really care about this stuff. The one thing I love about college hoops is that a winner is decided on the actual court. There should be no rankings of any kind until conference play begins.
I have to agree - I love that CBB decides a winner based on who actually won the game(s). Except for football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, curling, cricket, lacrosse, volleyball, and a few others, not many other sports can say that.

ADVERTISEMENT