ADVERTISEMENT

UNC schedule: could drop 3 of next 4 games

AltminIC

Oct 6, 2018
Hi, I’m Altmin.

I don’t know what we were thinking when we agreed to this schedule. I expect Carolina to be the underdog in 3 of its next 4 games. Michigan, Gonzaga, and UK.

I’m very frightened that 3 more losses before Christmas will hurt the team’s confidence and chemistry. If we lose all 3 games, then I think we will be looking at a 4-seed as our ceiling come March.

I hope that I am wrong. I usually am.

Last edited:
i don’t know what we were thinking when we agreed to this schedule. I expect Carolina to be the underdog in 3 of its next 4 games. Michigan, Gonzaga, and UK.

I’m very frightened that 3 more losses before Christmas will hurt the team’s confidence and chemistry. If we lose all 3 games, then I think we will be looking at a 4-seed as our ceiling come March.

You’ll beat UK, but you’ll lose to Gonzaga and at UM

I'm all for strong non conference scheduling, but that's too much.

The acc prepares you just fine for the tourney.

tenor.gif

Op brings up a good topic of discussion. Unc could very well lose 3 of the next 4.

@ Michigan is likely a loss. If this were play at UNC I think they’d have a better chance of winning.

@ unc vs Zags. Home court will help but Zags I think get the win. This isn’t the slow paced boring Zags we’re accustomed to. They are athletic, fast, strong and can shoot the lights out of a gym. If unc gets a win here I’ll be shocked and tip my cap to them after.

@ United Center vs UK. Honestly this is the best shot of a win in my opinion. I think UNC wins this one.

The next four games for unc are as close to a real first two weekends in the tournament as you’ll get this early in a season.

Reactions: MGC_07
Op brings up a good topic of discussion. Unc could very well lose 3 of the next 4.

@ Michigan is likely a loss. If this were play at UNC I think they’d have a better chance of winning.

@ unc vs Zags. Home court will help but Zags I think get the win. This isn’t the slow paced boring Zags we’re accustomed to. They are athletic, fast, strong and can shoot the lights out of a gym. If unc gets a win here I’ll be shocked and tip my cap to them after.

@ United Center vs UK. Honestly this is the best shot of a win in my opinion. I think UNC wins this one.

The next four games for unc are as close to a real first two weekends in the tournament as you’ll get this early in a season.
He does bring up good points but he’s not a Carolina fan.

I like playing a strong non conference schedule. Gives them real experience. I'll trust the guy who brought us 3 nattys

More like the final two weekends.

Gonzaga is really good. Not sure if they'll have Tille back or not. If they do? Probably is a loss.

Going to be tough flying accross country, and playing on the road against a good team. Also I like a couple matchups that I think will favor UNC, like Kenny Williams/Norvell.

If Tillie is back, that will def be a problem for carolina. I still think UNC has a good shot at winning.

Going to be tough flying accross country, and playing on the road against a good team. Also I like a couple matchups that I think will favor UNC, like Kenny Williams/Norvell.

If Tillie is back, that will def be a problem for carolina. I still think UNC has a good shot at winning.
Carolina always has a good shot at winning. Gonzaga is just really good. And I wouldn't sell Norvell short. That dude can play.

Flying across the country as an issue is a thing of the past. These teams fly chartered a full day before they play.

It will be a good game but Zags travel won’t be an issue.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
I watched the UNC/Texas game, UNC has a good offense, they can shoot and they run nice stuff.
But their defense is rough. However, so is UK's defense.
UK should own the glass, but the rest is up for grabs.
I really like Little and Coby White, those two can take over a game.
Should be a fun game to watch, UK/UNC games usually are. To me it's a tossup.
I don't see UNC winning the other two games, those two teams (Gonzaga & Michigan) are scolding hot right now.

I mean, we lost to Wofford in the OOC last year. So yeah, this next stretch will be tough.

1 down and 2 to go. We looked terrible last night. It was Roy’s worst coaching job in 32 years as a coach. He said as much.

No defense. Luke Maye has played poorly over the last 20 games. Bad spacing on offense, with no room for players to drive. Kenny Williams can’t shoot. Brooks is too short and has no athleticism. Nas looks lost. Don’t even get me started on Manley.

I could see this team losing in the the first weekend of the tournament.

1 down and 2 to go. We looked terrible last night. It was Roy’s worst coaching job in 32 years as a coach. He said as much.

No defense. Luke Maye has played poorly over the last 20 games. Bad spacing on offense, with no room for players to drive. Kenny Williams can’t shoot. Brooks is too short and has no athleticism. Nas looks lost. Don’t even get me started on Manley.

We?????

I agree man. Your boys got thumped bad last night. Was sad to see Roy give up and put the jv team in. At least he owned up post game that it’s been the worst coaching job he’s ever had this year. Gotta give him credit for wearing it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree man. Your boys got thumped bad last night. Was sad to see Roy give up and put the jv team in. At least he owned up post game that it’s been the worst coaching job he’s ever had this year. Gotta give him credit for wearing it.
It was a bit crazy to see Roy give up in the middle of a game.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
It was a bit crazy to see Roy give up in the middle of a game.

Ya. The whole proving a point thing is pretty dumb to me. I mean what point are you proving? That it’s okay to give up if you’re getting your ass beat? Get out there and show some fight. I don’t understand.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Hi, I’m Altmin.

I don’t know what we were thinking when we agreed to this schedule. I expect Carolina to be the underdog in 3 of its next 4 games. Michigan, Gonzaga, and UK.

Welcome back altmin, and thanks for introducing yourself for the 400th time. I know you think Grayson Allen is a good looking guy, what’s your take on Alex o’Connell or dare I say Zion. If you could have an all nighter with one of the two which one you going with?

Genderqueer. Have some compassion!

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
So some of you truly think Roy was 'giving up' during the game? Like just, 'f it, I hope we lose'?

So some of you truly think Roy was 'giving up' during the game? Like just, 'f it, I hope we lose'?
Pretty dumb take by whoever thinks that. Roy has done things like this before. Nothing new here.

Roy knows in the grand scheme of things that loss means next to nothing.

Hi, I’m Altmin.

1 out of 3 is better than I expected. This team SUCKS! Congratulations to UK though, they deserved it. Remember when I posted after the second game of the season and said Nas wasn’t as good as his ranking and everyone laughed at me?

ADVERTISEMENT