ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs LSU

BasketBallJunkie-UK

Nov 18, 2011
This should be a really interesting game. At LSU. These 2 teams have had some interesting games over the years. The most recent was the controversial tip in win by LSU, sparking
an NCAA review change. The others, were mostly in UK's favor a 31 point comeback win with 15 min. left in the game, an 84 point first half scoring by the Cats and a great win over
a Shaq led LSU team.

Espn gives UK a 39.7% chance of winning. We were pretty blah through the Notre Dame loss. Since then, we've been on fire. It is a fluke or have the Cats started finding their potential?
We're scoring 83 points a game, LSU is giving up 54, while we're giving up 62 and LSU is scoring 77, But over the last 3 games, we're giving up much less than LSU and scoring more. LSU relies on
the 3 more than we do.

The 4 matchup is going to be critical. We need Brooks and/or Toppin to really step up on the defensive end.

We're heading into another opponent's super bowl. Happens a lot in the SEC lol. Our team hasn't seen a hostile environment like they will see in Baton Rouge. LSU coming in after a loss, and
we've given 3 beat downs in a row. I really like how UK is playing. But LSU has something to prove, and we just happen to be next.

I prefer trends versus complete stats to date. UK by 8

Im just hoping the spread is atound 2-3 so i can hammer uk. I dont believe in lsu quite yet

Im just hoping the spread is atound 2-3 so i can hammer uk. I dont believe in lsu quite yet
I expect it to be around that. I was thinking 1.5 to 3, somewhere in that area. They're really good defensively, but not so much offensively. The key to beating their defense is to pass, quickly and keep it moving. We've been really good at it.

Congrats on the win and staying undefeated in the ACC.

I think that ESPN "Matchup Predictor" is full of shit. I always see some crazy predictions on that thing. No idea what it is based on other than, "According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index." I'd love to see a stat showing how accurate it has been over time.

I think that ESPN "Matchup Predictor" is full of shit. I always see some crazy predictions on that thing. No idea what it is based on other than, "According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index." I'd love to see a stat showing how accurate it has been over time.
It had us with close to a 70 percent change of beating Duke. Its absolutely useless. I think it had U of L beating us in football, too.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
LSU probably wont have but a few fans in attendance for the game. Although its not the game they are used to, they have a bowl game on the same day, pretty close to the same time. Even with their worst teams, they couldn't care less about basketball as long as football is on.

LSU probably wont have but a few fans in attendance for the game. Although its not the game they are used to, they have a bowl game on the same day, pretty close to the same time. Even with their worst teams, they couldn't care less about basketball as long as football is on.
That's good for us lol. I didn't know that. Good stuff!

Meh, I think they will have a good crowd. I doubt many of them are going to Houston to watch a shitty bowl game they care nothing about and they'd still have time to catch most of it on TV after the basketball game if they care to. They would probably rather forget about the football season at this point anyway. At least their basketball team is decent.

We also scored 86 points in the first half against a Brown team, also @ LSU.

Untitled.png

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It’s amazing what these schools come up with to celebrate when UK comes to town. So far this year, ND retired Ellis' jersey, now LSU is doing it for coach Brown.

9 times out of 10, it's T-Shirt night, white out night, black out night etc… ugh

It’s amazing what these schools come up with to celebrate when UK comes to town. So far this year, ND retired Ellis' jersey, now LSU is doing it for coach Brown.

9 times out of 10, it's T-Shirt night, white out night, black out night etc… ugh
That's when their fans show up.

I hope we spoil another night for Dale Brown lol. I'm looking forward to it! I'll be at my favorite watering hole, have pool league there tonight, throw down some beers and watch the game.

It’s terrible.

Meh, I think they will have a good crowd. I doubt many of them are going to Houston to watch a shitty bowl game they care nothing about and they'd still have time to catch most of it on TV after the basketball game if they care to. They would probably rather forget about the football season at this point anyway. At least their basketball team is decent.
I wonder if Kelly will bring LSU back immediately in football.

I wonder if Kelly will bring LSU back immediately in football.
Maybe not next year, but very soon after imo. Just didn't have enough time to put a staff together and secure a good recruiting class for next season.

Reactions: UL_1986
Maybe not next year, but very soon after imo. Just didn't have enough time to put a staff together and secure a good recruiting class for next season.
Idk i think he will struggle for a bit. LSU and sec is a diff ballgame than indy ND imo.

Idk i think he will struggle for a bit. LSU and sec is a diff ballgame than indy ND imo.
Oh I don't think he'll be competing for a title anytime soon. He'll be able to count on at least one conference loss every year with Bama and won't even get a chance to go to the SEC title game (which will also hurt his playoff chances).

Reactions: Villian07
Oscar Tshibwe reminds me of Wes Unseld. Definitely Kentucky’s best player by far. Washington is pretty good but outside of him, Oscar is a force and really their only elite player. Averaging 15 rebounds a game is impressive.

Last edited:
Didn't expect UK to hang around this half without Wheeler and Oscar. Toppin saving their asses right now. Still don't like their chances if Wheeler can't come back though.

Pretty fun game so far.

Baylor game hasn't been bad either. OU can't really hang but it's a solid game to watch alongside this one.

Looked more like whiplash. His head definitely bounced back and forth and his eyes looked dazed.
I’m being a hater. He hit a wall. Still threw his neck back like any smaller player would anticipating the contact.

Yea sorry uk fans i bet uk hard and this is what happens smdh.

Wheeler gets hurt, oscar with 2, grady cant hit the broad side of a barn.

the refs have been pretty atrocious, esp that segment when they basically put lsu in the bonus on bs calls.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT