ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Rec has been absolutely brutal lately. On the other hand, I have noticed since I’ve played more rec that threes have gotten infinitely easier.

Anyone besides @hawkit3113 watching "the invincible pilot"? Crazy story.

Also, Halo the series? I haven't watched it even though I've played all of the games but the wife likes it and she's plyed none of them.

What games are you guys playing?

My main game is still Rocket League. It's just a great/competitive game with so many things to learn. I've also been getting into Apex here lately.

I usually just play a random game off of game pass when I feel like mixing it up. Been playing MLB The Show 22 the last week. It's pretty good.
I've been hooked on Hades for the past couple months. Amazing game, I can see why it won so many GOTY awards back in 2020.

Next up in my Q is Horizon Forbidden West followed by Tiny Tina's Wonderworld. Those should take me till deep into the summer.

Now that basketball is basically over I have more time to catch up on shows. Off the top of my head these are at the top of my q:

Cobra Kai (started new season last night)
Ms Mazel
Last Kingdom
Boba Fett
Drive to Survive (halfwaythrough last season)
Walking Dead
Yellowstone
Cheer

That doesn't even include all the reality shows I watch.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Now that basketball is basically over I have more time to catch up on shows. Off the top of my head these are at the top of my q:

That doesn't even include all the reality shows I watch.
Cobra Kai - watched first season and loved it, haven't watched season 2 or beyond, will get around to it.

Ms Mazel - heard of it, never watched it

Last Kingdom - wife loves this show, never watched it

Boba Fett - love it

Drive to Survive - Never heard of it, thanks for the suggestion

Walking Dead - stopped watching a long time ago but read the comics

Yellowstone - very good show 1883 spin off was good but annoying a times for me, wife loves it

Cheer - no clue.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Cobra Kai - watched first season and loved it, haven't watched season 2 or beyond, will get around to it.

Ms Mazel - heard of it, never watched it

Last Kingdom - wife loves this show, never watched it

Boba Fett - love it

Drive to Survive - Never heard of it, thanks for the suggestion

Walking Dead - stopped watching a long time ago but read the comics

Yellowstone - very good show 1883 spin off was good but annoying a times for me, wife loves it

Cheer - no clue.

Cobra Kai is generally a lot of fun... the latest season started a bit weak, but got fun.

Ms. Mazel is supposed to be AMAZING, but I haven't seen it.

Last Kingdom is pretty good. The book series is one of my two favs ever, so when I heard they were doing a show, I was pretty psyched, but the main guy doesn't quite match what I expected. Still, fun.

Fett... eh. Could have been better, I thought.

Don't know Drive to Survive.

Walking Dead I gave up on at like the third season. Just felt unrealistic in the worst way, and just over the top with the gore. Like, I get that it is a zombie show, but...

I've heard mixed stuff about Yellowstone?

Cheer... wait, isn't that like a reality TV show about cheerleaders or something? Or am I crazy? I think my wife watched that.

@TheDude1 using the shooting big only tonight

Uhhhhh... no. BC I suck with him, and he sucks, which is a dangerous pairing. Gotta get some badges with him so that I can actually hit some shots.

Has anyone watched Barry? Saw that a new season is out. Always looking for something new. Love Bill Hader.

I think it won some award from one of those award shows where they suck each other off. Not Oscars, Grammy's but something just like those.

Those are funny, lets get together and see praise be.

*Emmy.

Has anyone watched Barry? Saw that a new season is out. Always looking for something new. Love Bill Hader.

I think it won some award from one of those award shows where they suck each other off. Not Oscars, Grammy's but something just like those.

Those are funny, lets get together and see praise be.

*Emmy.
It’s fantastic. Must watch.

What games are you guys playing?

My main game is still Rocket League. It's just a great/competitive game with so many things to learn. I've also been getting into Apex here lately.

I usually just play a random game off of game pass when I feel like mixing it up. Been playing MLB The Show 22 the last week. It's pretty good.
****ing nothing, there hasn't been a game worth a shit released since halo infinite and before that red dead redemption 2.

Last edited:
Glad that Saul is finally here.

Odenkirk was sorely underutilized throughout his career. Better late than never.

****ing nothing, there hasn't been a game worth a shit release since halo infinite and before that red dead redemption 2.
What about Elden Ring? Not for me cause I don’t like really hard games, but it’s everyone’s game of the decade from what I’m hearing. You also got Horizon Forbidden West, a big AAA game came out recently if you have PS5. I don’t think we’ll see a new Red Dead for a long time, but hopefully we’ll get a new GTA in the next couple years.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
What about Elden Ring? Not for me cause I don’t like really hard games, but it’s everyone’s game of the decade from what I’m hearing. You also got Horizon Forbidden West, a big AAA game came out recently if you have PS5. I don’t think we’ll see a new Red Dead for a long time, but hopefully we’ll get a new GTA in the next couple years.
Next GTA should be lit.

....if it ever comes out.
Still curious where it takes place.

@TheDude1 another year another 2k with me winning more often than you. Will you stop making the game so hard for your guards and make a shooting big? Why be selfish and make spacing so much harder for the rest of your team? I still get rebounds, blocks, and lobs galore.
Are you doing any streaming anytime soon?

****ing nothing, there hasn't been a game worth a shit release since halo infinite and before that red dead redemption 2.
I have those two and Valhalla and still haven't finished any of them. I go back and forth when I have time. Played Infinite earlier tonight. Love halo.

Also play Luke Skywalker lego on pc some too.

Yeah it's been rough the last few years. That's why i continue to play rocket league. There's really not much else to play.

Are you doing any streaming anytime soon?

I stream on twitch every now and then. My twitch name is J_nunnn. I think I follow hail on twitch but haven't seem him live in a long time.

Elden Ring is in my top 5 games all time. If you aren't a fan of soulsbourne games, I'll understand if you pass, but you are missing out on one of the GOATS.

I've sunk 200+ hours into Elden Ring. It's the easiest soulsbourne game to date. Still tough, but it's more accessible. I'm having a hard time finding any modern game that is better than it. Zelda BoTW is the only contender.

Cobra Kai is generally a lot of fun... the latest season started a bit weak, but got fun.

Ms. Mazel is supposed to be AMAZING, but I haven't seen it.

Last Kingdom is pretty good. The book series is one of my two favs ever, so when I heard they were doing a show, I was pretty psyched, but the main guy doesn't quite match what I expected. Still, fun.

Fett... eh. Could have been better, I thought.

Don't know Drive to Survive.

Walking Dead I gave up on at like the third season. Just felt unrealistic in the worst way, and just over the top with the gore. Like, I get that it is a zombie show, but...

I've heard mixed stuff about Yellowstone?

Cheer... wait, isn't that like a reality TV show about cheerleaders or something? Or am I crazy? I think my wife watched that.

Uhhhhh... no. BC I suck with him, and he sucks, which is a dangerous pairing. Gotta get some badges with him so that I can actually hit some shots.

@TheDude1 and @lurkeraspect84 you gotta check out Drive to Survive on Netflix. It's a docu series that goes season by season in F1 racing. I've never followed F1 or any racing sport, but someone told me to watch this show and that person was right. The show is fantastic and it made me want to follow the sport. But, in the end, i decided not to follow the sport because the show is so good I don't want to be spoiled as to what is happening when I watch it. I think they are in season 4 now and all seasons have been fantastic.

As for Cheer, yes you are correct it is as reality show about competitive cheer leading. Sounds dumb, but just like any sports docu series that is well done, it really doens't matter what the sport is for it to be a great show. And Cheer is a great show.

I've sunk 200+ hours into Elden Ring. It's the easiest soulsbourne game to date. Still tough, but it's more accessible. I'm having a hard time finding any modern game that is better than it. Zelda BoTW is the only contender.
yea I'm torn because I love massive open world games like BOTW and RDR2 and GTA, but I really hate hard games. I have no patience or desire to be challenged when I play video games. some challenge? Yes bring it on. Crippling difficulty where you can spend hours trying to defeat a single enemy? That's a big no thanks from me.

I'm gonna play the long game with Elden Ring and see if they ever release an easy setting.

Reactions: tw3301
yea I'm torn because I love massive open world games like BOTW and RDR2 and GTA, but I really hate hard games. I have no patience or desire to be challenged when I play video games. some challenge? Yes bring it on. Crippling difficulty where you can spend hours trying to defeat a single enemy? That's a big no thanks from me.

I'm gonna play the long game with Elden Ring and see if they ever release an easy setting.
Yeah this is why I won't buy Elden Ring. I'm good with a challenge, like Doom Eternal, but I'm not into games that are painstakingly difficult.

Couple of my cousins played Elden Ring for like 6 weeks straight and beat the game. I mean it easily had to have been 200 hours they played. Probably more.

They never will add an easy mode. But, the way to make it easier is to farm runes and power level yourself up to take on battles easier.

I'd wait until you can pick it cheap later on, but definitely think about it. The game is amazing.

Story or online for RDR2? I've beaten the story like 4 times. But I have never reached 100 percent on the actual game
you've done 4 playthroughs of RDR2? What do you get out of the extra playthroughs? I only played it one time and loved it, but it didn't seen like a replayable game.

you've done 4 playthroughs of RDR2? What do you get out of the extra playthroughs? I only played it one time and loved it, but it didn't seen like a replayable game.
One reason is I keep telling myself I’m gonna beat the game 100 percent, but then I start to lose interest after beating the story. Another reason is I just really enjoy the game. Love history, especially American history. And the Wild West is one of my favorite times. On top of that, it’s just a great game. Found something new every time I played.

One reason is I keep telling myself I’m gonna beat the game 100 percent, but then I start to lose interest after beating the story. Another reason is I just really enjoy the game. Love history, especially American history. And the Wild West is one of my favorite times. On top of that, it’s just a great game. Found something new every time I played.
I played through it twice to get the "good" ending for Arthur because I was an absolute savage on the first playthrough. I don't really see the appeal of rdr2 online, I'm trying it out though but just seems like a money grab and I'm not paying shit for it.

I played through it twice to get the "good" ending for Arthur because I was an absolute savage on the first playthrough. I don't really see the appeal of rdr2 online, I'm trying it out though but just seems like a money grab and I'm not paying shit for it.
I got bored with online in about a day. Not near as fun or interesting as the story.

I have a mini garden and love listening to Howard Stern/Joe Rogan when tending to them. Two completely different ppl but love the dynamic of listening to them.

I guess this is a good place for it.

Anyone remember comic strips in the newspaper?

The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were always my favorites.

Have collection books of the both.

Have the hardbacks and it takes some effort to not share any of them here when it fits.

Especially Larson.

Reactions: Villian07
I guess this is a good place for it.

Anyone remember comic strips in the newspaper?

The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were always my favorites.

Have collection books of the both.

Have the hardbacks and it takes some effort to not share any of them here when it fits.

Especially Larson.
I always pictured you as more of a Family Circus and Cathy kind of person.

• Haha
I always pictured you as more of a Family Circus and Cathy kind of person.
images

Story or online for RDR2? I've beaten the story like 4 times. But I have never reached 100 percent on the actual game
I play online! Beat the story and thought I would give online a try and I love it. I’m sure im not doing half the stuff you’re suppose to on there but it’s still fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT