ADVERTISEMENT

Trae Young vs Oklahoma State

Oklahoma was better when Young was sharing the ball more. He's trying too hard to make a name for himself instead of winning games. One helluva player nonetheless.

Reactions: tw3301
They were up 3 on the road with 10 seconds left and lost because their coach didnt opt to foul(for whatever reason). But sure, it was Trae Young with his ortg of 117, 48 points, and 1.23 points per possession on field goal attempts that lost them the game.
Yeah, basically. Looks like everyone else in the thread is agreeing with me, too.

trae young is not the best player in the nation and he shouldn't be NPOY (though he likely will be). his numbers are sexy, but i assume there is a certain number of guards with comparable skill, who if given the same set of circumstances, could be every bit the stat stuffer. one really has to look no further than a certain guard playing in the same conference...devonte graham. also, this OU basketball team has early march exit written all over it.

It really blows that a player as amazing as bagley is is going to miss out on the npoy because of traes numbers

Reactions: speedfrk
It really blows that a player as amazing as bagley is is going to miss out on the npoy because of traes numbers

I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me either. I appreciate the unselfishness that Bagley plays with and the quality defense he plays. Trae Young is one hell of a ballplayer though. It is what it is.

Oklahoma was 11-20 last season with an awful offense.

Trae Young has elevated them into top 4 seed territory with a top 15 offense.

What hes done this year is incredible.

He had an Ortg of 117 today on probably close to 50% usage which would instantly be a career best night for 99% of players in the nation, yet it wasnt even one of his better games.

If he isnt the consensus Player of the year, the media members who vote elsewhere should have their voting privileges rescinded.

People who vote for bagley shouldn't be allowed to vote? Good to know.

I could make an argument OU would be better with Devonte Graham. You might lose 10 ppg on the player swap but the other players would average a combined 17-20 ppg more.

001.jpg

Graham shoots better from 3, better from ft line, averages 2.5 less assists and 6 less turnovers, more steals, plays better defense, and in conference play 10 less points.

If he took 38 shots he would get 30/game as well but. Oh and he closes games well and his team wins tight games. Young loses tight games.

Give me graham any day of the week, I’d bet Young’s teammates would agree.

Trae Young is orders of magnitude better than Graham. Im not willing to even entertain such a troll argument.

Trae Young is orders of magnitude better than Graham. Im not willing to even entertain such a troll argument.

When did this become about who is better? The question was who makes the team better. I won’t argue Graham is winning 1v1. We are talking about making the team better. I think young is one helluva talent, but to watch his games and not coming away thinking he is anything but selfish is asinine.

He would be 3rd or 4th on my POY list.

The guy who leads the nation in assists and recorded 22 assists in one game this year is selfish now lol. Now that is a truly hilarious take.

His team had 3 assists outside of young. I’d say some more ball movement wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Young 38 shots
Rest of team 43 shots.

When he scores 40+ and they still lose to a really bad team, you have to rethink your view if you are a rational basketball observer.

That's just it, OSU isn't a really bad team.
KP Top 75 last I remember, at home, rivalry..
But there were most def some ugly, ugly shots.

He's an incredible player, his turnovers are alarming however. Imo, it's more the Big XII's just grinding him up. Level of competition and importance goes up a bit, pressure..

The guy who leads the nation in assists and recorded 22 assists in one game this year is selfish now lol. Now that is a truly hilarious take.
QUOTE: His team had 3 assists outside of young. I’d say some more ball movement wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Young 38 shots
Rest of team 43 shots.

It is almost as if you have no analyitical skills. He either makes a play happen or not. The team is unable to make a play without him. Or better said, is not allowed to. That is on Krueger. And also why they are 2 games back looking up.

QUOTE: His team had 3 assists outside of young. I’d say some more ball movement wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Young 38 shots
Rest of team 43 shots.

It is almost as if you have no analyitical skills. He either makes a play happen or not. The team is unable to make a play without him. Or better said, is not allowed to. That is on Krueger. And also why they are 2 games back looking up.

Theyre 2 games back because their defense is atrocious.

Their offense is top 15 in the nation, that is not the problem.

Oklahoma scored over a point per possession again yesterday. Its their defense that failed them again yesterday.

Have you ever seen what happens when Trae Young comes off the floor in an Oklahoma game? Oklahoma is incapable of even getting good looks because theyre so devoid of offensive talent.

But yes, the guy who made 6 threes in a row in the second half to bring them all the way back from a double digit deficit and take a 3 point lead with 10 seconds remaining is the problem, not the fact that they couldnt stop Oklahoma State from scoring. "Its like you have no analytical ability whatsoever."

Graham would not make Oklahoma better. Regardless of any numbers, that's a little absurd.

Young, however, is a little overrated. A lot of players could put up big scoring figures with that many shots, as well as fewer turnovers. And better D. He may be worthy of NPOY, but he's not the second coming as many make him out to be.

Boys take a look at Jalen Brunsons stats. He also makes everyone he plays with better. Good defender and should be npoy

ADVERTISEMENT