ADVERTISEMENT

Top March Madness moments of decade

March Madness is crazy. People like to point out that Michigan got lucky with the Burke and Poole shots. Fair.

But in 2011 8 seed Michigan had a game tying layup run out at the buzzer against 1 seed duke in the second round.

In 2013 the block was clean.

In 2014 Michigan (playing without their all American Center) lost on a contested Aaron Harrison 3 at the buzzer in the Elite 8.

In 2017 Derrick Walton missed a wide open 3pt shot at the buzzer vs Oregon in the Sweet 16.

Sometimes you’re the hammer and sometimes you’re the nail.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The NBA has a massively larger fanbase, but the college basketball fanbase cares way more about games and calls on a micro level, IMO.
The CBB fans care a lot more about calls because of how inconsistent the college refs are about doing their jobs. You constantly see 9-1 foul disparities that become 9-9 in like 7 minutes of basketball. You constantly see awful calls being made as a favor to the other team for a previously blown call. Charge/Blocking fouls are right only 50% of the time. It's like they flip a coin in their head and then just yell what the result is. Early in the season you'll see 50 fouls called for a game because they want to set an example for the season. That's probably the worst thing of all that they do because later in the season those same refs won't call those same fouls. The players aren't learning from what happened in November/December. They're only paying attention to what's being called in the game they are playing in that day. If they weren't so inconsistent all of the time you'd hear less about fans caring about what the refs were doing in CBB (except from UK fans).

The CBB fans care a lot more about calls because of how inconsistent the college refs are about doing their jobs. You constantly see 9-1 foul disparities that become 9-9 in like 7 minutes of basketball. You constantly see awful calls being made as a favor to the other team for a previously blown call. Charge/Blocking fouls are right only 50% of the time. It's like they flip a coin in their head and then just yell what the result is. Early in the season you'll see 50 fouls called for a game because they want to set an example for the season. That's probably the worst thing of all that they do because later in the season those same refs won't call those same fouls. The players aren't learning from what happened in November/December. They're only paying attention to what's being called in the game they are playing in that day. If they weren't so inconsistent all of the time you'd hear less about fans caring about what the refs were doing in CBB (except from UK fans).

I don’t think that’s the reason college basketball fans are more in tuned on a micro level. I think college basketball fans are in tuned at a micro level AND the refs are bad, not BECAUSE the refs are bad.

Well said and Laughing for the dig at the most knowledgeable fanbase in college basketball.

Don’t forget West Virginia fans.

What is it about fans from that region and refs?

Still think NBA is better product. Where tf is louder with crowder to sway my opinion?

The NBA is a better product if you are looking at it strictly from a basketball perspective. Much better shooting, better handles, taller and faster athletes.

College basketball to me will always be more enjoyable because I love Kentucky more than I could ever love an NBA team. Even if Louisville got one, I would be a huge fan, but it couldn’t come close to my wildcats. A lot of people enjoy pro teams for their players or because of where they live. College basketball has deeper roots and meaning for a lot of people compared to the NBA.

I just dont follow my dear...??
"For example: In early November, the Lakers/Warriors drew 1.9 million viewers. On the same night, Oregon and Memphis---Yes Oregon and Memphis, drew 902, 000. A mere 100, 000 less. Dude---That's MEMPHIS AND OREGON, damn near out drawing the Lakers and Warriors."
1.9 mil and 902k are not 100k apart

"For example: In early November, the Lakers/Warriors drew 1.9 million viewers. On the same night, Oregon and Memphis---Yes Oregon and Memphis, drew 902, 000. A mere 100, 000 less. Dude---That's MEMPHIS AND OREGON, damn near out drawing the Lakers and Warriors."
1.9 mil and 902k are not 100k apart
Yeah, seems I forgot a few zero's, eh?Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT