Baylor
Texas
Iowa State
Oklahoma state
Tech
OU twice
WVU

If they beat TCU on the road, only an idiot wouldn't have them #1

i wouldn’t want overall #1 tbh. When’s the last time the overall #1 won the thing?

Reactions: KUhawks34
KU has a shot at the overall #1 but they just don't pass the eye test. They are good but far from really good, much less great, and they don't have one player on their team that anyone really fears. Good coaching job by Toupee Bill but Bama is much better, IMO, and would boat race them.

i wouldn’t want overall #1 tbh. When’s the last time the overall #1 won the thing?

Are you superstitious or something?

Assuming Louisville was the last to do it, most of the overall 1s since then seem to fall into one of two categories: teams that were probably a bit overseeded due to a soft schedule (Gonzaga a couple times, Wichita State in ‘14, Nova in ‘17, etc) and teams that came up just short vs great teams (2015 Kentucky, ‘16 KU, etc).

I think it’s safe to say that KU wouldn’t fall into the first category.

Reactions: HawksJ
KU has a shot at the overall #1 but they just don't pass the eye test. They are good but far from really good, much less great, and they don't have one player on their team that anyone really fears. Good coaching job by Toupee Bill but Bama is much better, IMO, and would boat race them.
Everyone fears Dick

• Haha
Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
This may be the craziest post I’ve seen on this site in a long time.
1) don’t pass the eye test? They just skull F**d a top 10 team on national tv out scoring them by 30 IN A HALF
2) don’t have a player anyone fears? If people aren’t going to fear the probable runner up for NPOY and the deadliest shooter in cbb show me a team that has someone to fear.
3) Bama is a good team no doubt. But they and the rest of the SEC got to experience for one day what Kansas experiences every game in the Big 12. How did that go for them?

This is about resume, not eye test. Alabama might be a better team than KU, but their resume isn’t close. They have about half as many quad 1 wins and are 1-3 vs the AP top 25.

But I also question that they’re better. Let alone a lot better. Sure, they pass the eye test vs weak competition. They also lost to the worst team in the Big 12 by about 30. A team that’s lost 8 of their last 9 in the Big 12.

Last edited:
If the committee gives last years gonzaga the #1 overall, then houston will get it. KU deserves KC though

Nice troll job. Bama gonna boat race KU like Oklahoma (one of the bottom teams in the B12) boat raced Bama? Same team and arena KU went and boat raced a couple weeks later?

I do think Bama is the best team in the country at this point. But for w/e reason when they lose, they lose bad. Their average margin of defeat in 4 losses is like 15 points.

This may be the craziest post I’ve seen on this site in a long time.
1) don’t pass the eye test? They just skull F**d a top 10 team on national tv out scoring them by 30 IN A HALF
2) don’t have a player anyone fears? If people aren’t going to fear the probable runner up for NPOY and the deadliest shooter in cbb show me a team that has someone to fear.
3) Bama is a good team no doubt. But they and the rest of the SEC got to experience for one day what Kansas experiences every game in the Big 12. How did that go for them?
We skull fu**d the national champ and runner up last year and still lost in the first round by a fifteen seed. Better be careful with your excitement of your team. They can disappoint you in two hours.....oh, and we HAD the National player of the year

I will say this - could be wrong , since post COVID , only 2 dominant teams in my opinion - 21 Zags and Baylor.

Reactions: Big_C_KU
I don’t think getting the #1 overall seed is going to propel anyone into a championship. Nobody is impressive this year. Nobody even wants the #1 ranking.

I don’t have a clue who has the best chance to win it all this year. There’s not one team out there that is impressive. I can tell you who isn’t going to win it all; Kentucky - the same team that took KU - nominated for an overall #1 seed - to the wire. That I know for sure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
I don’t think getting the #1 overall seed is going to propel anyone into a championship. Nobody is impressive this year. Nobody even wants the #1 ranking.

I don’t have a clue who has the best chance to win it all this year. There’s not one team out there that is impressive. I can tell you who isn’t going to win it all; Kentucky - the same team that took KU - nominated for an overall #1 seed - to the wire. That I know for sure.

You expect a contender to win every road game vs a top 30ish team by more than 9?

That wasn’t KU’s best game, but I wouldn’t say it’s something to be ashamed of.

No. They lost by 30 to the 2nd worst team in the Big XII. 30. Everybody has a bad game, but if Bama was that good they wouldn’t have lost by 30 to OU.

If they played in the Big XII they’d have a lot more losses.

Not saying KU is the #1 overall seed either, but it isn’t Bama. I’d give it to Houston or Purdue. Though I don’t think I’d actually pick either to win it all. Houston isn’t going to get tested enough and Purdue is a traditional team and big man oriented teams just don’t tend to do well in the tourney anymore.

There really aren’t any teams that jump off the page this year. There’s about 10 teams on nearly even footing who could all win it.

Last edited:
We skull fu**d the national champ and runner up last year and still lost in the first round by a fifteen seed. Better be careful with your excitement of your team. They can disappoint you in two hours.....oh, and we HAD the National player of the year
You also had Calipari.

You expect a contender to win every road game vs a top 30ish team by more than 9?

That wasn’t KU’s best game, but I wouldn’t say it’s something to be ashamed of.
Yeah that’s an odd remark. A 5–10 point win on the road to a top 30ish team is a pretty normal and expected outcome for a 1 seed level team. There haven’t been very many teams over the years, even among the most dominant teams, that consistently win road games by 10+ on the road against above average teams.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
As sorry as he has coached the past three years, skull fu**ed KU last year. Be careful.
With the talent on his payroll, he should occasionally blow out the Rockets.

Nobody does less with more, though.

What a disaster of a program.

I think you are missing the point of my post. Dude said two things and used those as reasons why Kansas isnt good.

My point was if drilling a top 10 team by 30 in a half doesn’t pass the eye test what does?

Second point if a 1st team AA and probable NPOY runner up paired with one of the most deadly shooters in the college game aren’t people to be afraid of who is?

The point of my post was if those two things don’t sync up who the hell do would impress you?

With the talent on his payroll, he should occasionally blow out the Rockets.

Nobody does less with more, though.

What a disaster of a program.
That home loss last year to lowly Cal must be perplexing,huh? How bad was it...29?

That home loss last year to lowly Cal must be perplexing,huh? How bad was it...29?
It was an all time low-point in Kansas basketball history, no doubt.

But Bill Self neither plays in the NIT nor loses in the First Round, so it was inevitable that things would turn.

It was an all time low-point in Kansas basketball history, no doubt.

But Bill Self neither plays in the NIT nor loses in the First Round, so it was inevitable that things would turn.
Hey, you can't possibly make me feel like shit as I do now. Only Cal can make it better by winning. Good luck with your number one seed. Hope it takes you far.

I think you are missing the point of my post. Dude said two things and used those as reasons why Kansas isnt good.

My point was if drilling a top 10 team by 30 in a half doesn’t pass the eye test what does?

Second point if a 1st team AA and probable NPOY runner up paired with one of the most deadly shooters in the college game aren’t people to be afraid of who is?

The point of my post was if those two things don’t sync up who the hell do would impress you?

KU’s had 3 duds this year. All of which had a big audience. I can see why someone would say they don’t pass the eye test. But they’ve had a lot more good outings than bad and 6 of the last 7 were really good. Averaged 85 ppg in those wins.

But…..their athleticism doesn’t leap out at you overall. They don’t have a lot of reliable shooters or a back to the basket post scorer. They don’t have many guys who can create their own shot. The starting center is undersized. And Dick isn’t automatic from three like before. Everybody’s face guarding him.

On paper, there are plenty of flaws. But they overcome them with great ball movement and by turning good perimeter defense into offense. They’re definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

we might see about that CBS. I do think Kansas is a solid 1 seed though.

Nobody wants the #1 ranking? Purdue held it for about a month and a half. They'd still be #1 if the refs didn't allow the brutalizing of Edey during that two game stretch vs NW and MD.

I watched the Alabama game vs Tennessee that same week. Heard Bilas say a few times how "physical" that game was. I thought he was trolling. Looked like kittens playing compared to what NW and MD were allowed to get away with.

Now, as to the topic at hand. Kansas has a very good argument at the overall #1 at this moment. I wouldn't be upset by it at all.

If I had to rank the teams getting a #1 seed right now it'd go:

Kansas
Purdue
Alabama
Houston

B12 is clearly the best conference, by far. B10 is good, but teams are winning games they shouldn't due to the overwhelming physicality that they allow. SEC is very top heavy. Only a few good teams and the rest is trash. Houston plays in a garbage conference and still lost a game in it to a 100+ ranked team.

Alabama looks amazing vs terrible teams. Don't fair so well against teams with a pulse.

Nobody wants the #1 ranking? Purdue held it for about a month and a half. They'd still be #1 if the refs didn't allow the brutalizing of Edey during that two game stretch vs NW and MD.

I watched the Alabama game vs Tennessee that same week. Heard Bilas say a few times how "physical" that game was. I thought he was trolling. Looked like kittens playing compared to what NW and MD were allowed to get away with.

Now, as to the topic at hand. Kansas has a very good argument at the overall #1 at this moment. I wouldn't be upset by it at all.

If I had to rank the teams getting a #1 seed right now it'd go:

Kansas
Purdue
Alabama
Houston

B12 is clearly the best conference, by far. B10 is good, but teams are winning games they shouldn't due to the overwhelming physicality that they allow. SEC is very top heavy. Only a few good teams and the rest is trash. Houston plays in a garbage conference and still lost a game in it to a 100+ ranked team.

Alabama looks amazing vs terrible teams. Don't fair so well against teams with a pulse.
About Bama not fairing well against teams with pulses - I think they did decent at Houston when they played 😛

Also consider this. B10 officials call the fewest fouls per game out of all 33 conferences. Anyone that watches the B10 with any regularity as well as other conferences should be able to clearly see there is an officiating issue in the B10.

About Bama not fairing well against teams with pulses - I think they did decent at Houston when they played 😛
Note Houston is the bottom of the top 4 teams. They are only there because of their record. They don't have a great resume compared to the others. Their best win per Kenpom is St Marys.

Besides, there are plenty more examples backing my position vs not.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT