ADVERTISEMENT

The Olympics thread

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I love the Olympics. Planning to watch about 10 hours of it per day. Already watched 2 days of 7v7 Rugby which is lowkey the best event of the entire Olympics.

Fired up for tomorrow. Swimming, boxing, Rugby medal games. Those are the Saturday highlights for me. Will also watch some beach volleyball, canoe, rowing, shooting, cycling and a bit of Australia vs SPain basketball.

Just hoping the next 2 weeks doesn't turn into a "the world hates Jews festival", but I don't have high hopes for that.

I love the Olympics. Planning to watch about 10 hours of it per day. Already watched 2 days of 7v7 Rugby which is lowkey the best event of the entire Olympics.

Fired up for tomorrow. Swimming, boxing, Rugby medal games. Those are the Saturday highlights for me. Will also watch some beach volleyball, canoe, rowing, shooting, cycling and a bit of Australia vs SPain basketball.

Just hoping the next 2 weeks doesn't turn into a "the world hates Jews festival", but I don't have high hopes for that.
Gonna jerk off, bitch?

Reactions: arja31121991
Demonic pieces of shit.

IMG-0746.jpg

55615-last-supperparis.webp

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
Dumb Olympic sports

Hand ball
Men's Field hockey

Dumb Olypic Sports trends

The contorted foot stomp serve in Ping Pong

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Dumb Olympic sports

Hand ball
Men's Field hockey

Dumb Olypic Sports trends

The contorted foot stomp serve in Ping Pong

Haven't seen any ping pong, but agree that Hand ball and field hockey suck.

OTOH, very watchable olympic sports:

Rugby 7s
boxing
beach volleyball (even though they don't dress slutty anymore)

Other unwatchable Olympic sports:
Shooting/archery: This is unwatchable because of the camera angle. Need an over the shoulder camera angle to make this watchable.
regular volleyball: way too long

Haven't seen any ping pong, but agree that Hand ball and field hockey suck.

OTOH, very watchable olympic sports:

Rugby 7s
boxing
beach volleyball (even though they don't dress slutty anymore)

Other unwatchable Olympic sports:
Shooting/archery: This is unwatchable because of the camera angle. Need an over the shoulder camera angle to make this watchable.
regular volleyball: way too long
You have to get at look at the ping pong it is ridiculous.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You have to get at look at the ping pong it is ridiculous.

I never got into it, but I'll try and find time to watch. So many sports and I try and watch about 70% of them as it is lol. I usually skip all the paddle sports (tennis, ping pong, batmitten) and all the field team sports except Rugby (soccer, handball, field hockey) just to clear my viewing schedule a bit.

Watching the replay of the canoe slalom mens final now on my computer at work...that looks both fun and brutal at the same time.

I never got into it, but I'll try and find time to watch. So many sports and I try and watch about 70% of them as it is lol. I usually skip all the paddle sports (tennis, ping pong, batmitten) and all the field team sports except Rugby (soccer, handball, field hockey) just to clear my viewing schedule a bit.

Watching the replay of the canoe slalom mens final now on my computer at work...that looks both fun and brutal at the same time.
Literally 4 minutes of ping pong will be all that you can take.

in general I think he's an idiot, but he's 100% correct on this take. Ok, 99% correct since technically he should say the NBA is the championship of USA and Canada, not just the USA.

I don't care if the NBA is far and away the best league with the best players in the world, it's not a world championship if you don't play the best teams from the other top leagues in the world. Similar to the Champions league in soccer, except that is continental not world.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
in general I think he's an idiot, but he's 100% correct on this take. Ok, 99% correct since technically he should say the NBA is the championship of USA and Canada, not just the USA.

I don't care if the NBA is far and away the best league with the best players in the world, it's not a world championship if you don't play the best teams from the other top leagues in the world. Similar to the Champions league in soccer, except that is continental not world.
He is assuming we care about the NBA.

There have been some thrilling, wild finishes in track thus far. These have been my top 4 moments. Still plenty of events left to go.

#1 Cole Hocker, 1500 meters

#2 Quincy Hall, 400 meters

#3 Kenneth Rooks, Steeplechase

#4 Armand Duplantis, Pole Vault

I'm looking forward to the women's 400m Hurdles, Final

and the basketball came about to come on.

McLaughlin is going to slay. The Dutch girl with the funny voice, Femke Bol, is solid competition, though. She has the 2nd fastest time in history, just 3/10 of a second behind McLaughlin. I would 100% expect a new world record to drop. Scheduled for 3:25 pm today.

And yes, the France/US matchup is about as good as you can ask for. Crowd is going to be raucous. Going against Gobert and Wemby could be a little menacing around the basket. Should present itself as a quality game, assuming the US wins today.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
McLaughlin is going to slay. The Dutch girl with the funny voice, Femke Bol, is solid competition, though. She has the 2nd fastest time in history, just 3/10 of a second behind McLaughlin. I would 100% expect a new world record to drop. Scheduled for 3:25 pm today.

And yes, the France/US matchup is about as good as you can ask for. Crowd is going to be raucous. Going against Gobert and Wemby could be a little menacing around the basket. Should present itself as a quality game, assuming the US wins today.
Just amazing.

Reactions: dukedevilz
USA defense has been trash. If it weren't for Curry, they'd be down 20+. Step it up dudes.

Lol at the people claiming this team would roll The Dream Team.

I think the challenging aspect with this team is, how do you define roles? You have 12 superstars. Kerr has clearly relegated Haliburton to the 12th man role. And then Embiid and Tatum have both had DNPs. It's hard to establish a rhythm when you're subbing 4 guys in every 5-7 minutes.

Playing from behind could, in theory, be where they bench is most needed. Get your guys to press like crazy on defense and go all out for those 5 minute segments. They've got the athletes, the talent, and the bench to absolute stifle Serbia.

USA previously beat Serbia both in an exhibition game and group play by 20+ points. Can't help but wonder if the prior results initially lulled them in a false sense of security. They should be plenty awake now.

ADVERTISEMENT