ADVERTISEMENT

The big east needs to find a way to add Gonzaga..

Nah, they just need to join the Pac 12 along with BYU as basketball-only members.

Problem solved.

BYU is a non starter because of their refusal to play on Sunday. PAC isn’t going to rework their schedules to accommodate BYU. I’d love to see the PAC 12 add Gonzaga but it won’t happen. Doubt either side wants to do it

It was a while ago, but it would certainly seem like those late 90s teams were way underseeded. Three years in a row they went to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 as a 10, 10, and 12 seed. Obviously it hasn’t happened as much since they established themselves as a solid program, but after Few leaves, who knows.

Many midmajors have been criminally underseeded. Wichita St has often been underseeded. One year they were 8 on Kenpom and got a 10 seed. Another year they were top 10ish and got a 7. Happens to these programs all the time.
Hell we got criminally underrated in 2014 for playing in the midmajor aac. Ranked 5th in the nation, just beat uconn for the aac tournament title…….4 seed lol

Reactions: ExitFlagger
The only way I can see Gonzaga join the Big East, is if FOX puts pressure on the Big East conference and adds enough money in the next round of TV negotiations to make it worthwhile for the conference schools to add Gonzaga. Creighton would be the closest school to Gonzaga in that scenario. Creighton is closer to Madison Square Garden than it is to Gonzaga‘s campus.

Reactions: Original_Irish
I like Gonzaga where they are. Just kind of pissing everybody off.
All of this noise about them not being in a real conference goes down if they win the NCAA Tournament.

But it gets louder every year they get a 1 seed and don’t win it.

Trust me, I understand why people have Gonzaga fatigue. They need to win it all this year.

ADVERTISEMENT