ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 missed out. But now our new Big 12 will be the best b-ball league

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Big 10 had a window to snatch us. They’ll regret it. I wanted it to happen THEN, And honestly I’m glad it didn’t happen now. Too many teams, egos and convolution. Plus, their league is a style that clearly hasn’t translated into national titles.

we are going to enjoy the heck out of being the alpha of the premier b-ball conference in the country

- Houston with Sampson only WINS
- Cincy #12 all time winning and a great new coach now after Cronin has left
- BYU always good and tourney team
- UCF - uh….

Hands down will be the best league.

You are poor and we are rich. That is why you were never in consideration.

Football is king and you bring nothing in football.

You are poor and we are rich. That is why you were never in consideration.

Football is king and you bring nothing in football.
How are we poor?

current endowments:

KU $2.4B is middle of the pack in B10

big 10 schools:

Michigan $17B
NW $14B
penn state $4.2B
Wisco $4B
illinois $3.3B
Indiana $3.2B
Iowa $3.2B
NU $2.4B
Maryland $2B

Rutgers, and everyone else below $1B

big 12: surprising Baylor is that high. Heck Cincy and BYU middle of b10 too. Once Tillman at Houston gets more involved as he plans Houston will double overnight ….

Texas $42B (largest public by $25B)
Baylor $3.6B
OU $2.7B
KU $2.4B
TCU $2.1B
Pokes $1.6B
Tech $1.5B

All others below $1B

BYU $2B
Cincy $1.8B
Houston $1.3B

UCF below $1B

How are we poor?

current endowments:

KU $2.4B is middle of the pack in B10

big 10 schools:

Michigan $17B
NW $14B
penn state $4.2B
Wisco $4B
illinois $3.3B
Indiana $3.2B
Iowa $3.2B
NU $2.4B
Maryland $2B

Rutgers, and everyone else below $1B

big 12: surprising Baylor is that high. Heck Cincy and BYU middle of b10 too. Once Tillman at Houston gets more involved as he plans Houston will double overnight ….

Texas $42B (largest public by $25B)
Baylor $3.6B
OU $2.7B
KU $2.4B
TCU $2.1B
Pokes $1.6B
Tech $1.5B

All others below $1B

BYU $2B
Cincy $1.8B
Houston $1.3B

UCF below $1B

We are talking endowments. Your ADs are poor.

Reactions: RockChalk82
Football is the reason for all this conference reshuffling, which I hate, and Kansas would have needed to partner with a football school like UT, OU, or ND to join, or the Big 10 schools would have lost money by expanding

I agree. I would love to have KU in, but money runs this shit and football generates it.
Fair. But can turn around football quickly. Mangino did it. Leipold is going to be good.

with sec making a power move, B10 should have got us and WVU or even tried to make a move on ND.

ND belongs in B10

Reactions: hawkit3113
I’d love the Match ups

Iowa at Allen Fieldhouse you know you’d be there. If we were to go to any league the only answer would be big 10. Best fit.

Fair. But can turn around football quickly. Mangino did it. Leipold is going to be good.

You know it's not even really about high level success, as it is stadium size and ticket sales and branding.

Oh yeah, and TV markets. That is why Mizzou got into the SEC. Their TV markets. It's really sad. It's not even about the competition, but TV dollars.

Kansas would be a great fit in basketball and we don't really need them to be great in football. We have enough football programs.

Also, I don't think everything is done yet. Kansas very well could end up in the Big 10 still. We just have slime pickings to add a football market with them, since OU and Texas are off the table.

And if I understand correctly, KU would fit academically. I believe they are AAU

You know if Mizzou didn't piss the bed when we took Nebraska, we could have added Mizzou and Kansas and it would have been perfect.

But at that time, Texas and OU were on the table, flirting with anyone that would listen.

I really blame them. Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas would have been the perfect fit.

Reactions: RockChalk82
You know it's not even really about high level success, as it is stadium size and ticket sales and branding.

Oh yeah, and TV markets. That is why Mizzou got into the SEC. Their TV markets. It's really sad. It's not even about the competition, but TV dollars.

Kansas would be a great fit in basketball and we don't really need them to be great in football. We have enough football programs.

Also, I don't think everything is done yet. Kansas very well could end up in the Big 10 still. We just have slime pickings to add a football market with them, since OU and Texas are off the table.

And if I understand correctly, KU would fit academically. I believe they are AAU
Agree.

Yes aau. Def better academically than Nebraska. And MIzzou.

You know if Mizzou didn't piss the bed when we took Nebraska, we could have added Mizzou and Kansas and it would have been perfect.

But at that time, Texas and OU were on the table, flirting with anyone that would listen.

I really blame them. Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas would have been the perfect fit.
Ya texas should be excommunicated from the ncaa not rewarded with an sec invite for their sins. Hope they rot in Hell.

insides next 5-10 years maybe it happens. Hopefully we get another natty to take with us here shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT