ADVERTISEMENT

The “All Things UK” Thread

Pretty wild that this is FSU’s 24th trip to the CWS and they’ve yet to win one. Even at 1/8 odds they should have 3 titles already. That’s pretty brutal. Zebras def didn’t do them any favors yesterday. Should be UVA vs UT in an elimination game.
He didn’t go and shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He didn’t go and shut up.
😬

l87dva9zmn6d1.jpg

Dang it, Della!!! That one hurt. In my opinion that was the most critical game of the entire tourney. A win guarantees you only have to win one of two to get to the final. A loss and you have to win 3 in a row with a spent pitching staff and no days off. Just brutal. I’ll be happy if they can send Florida home tomorrow. Certainly not expecting to win 2 in a row against A&M though. Top it off with UK playing the Sat-Mon slate rather than Fri-Sun and it adds insult to injury. But hey, they’ve far exceeded all expectations for a team that is far less talented than most, if not all, other teams in the CWS. Picked to finish in the 10-11 range in all the SEC pre-season polls. I’ll take it.

Dang it, Della!!! That one hurt. In my opinion that was the most critical game of the entire tourney. A win guarantees you only have to win one of two to get to the final. A loss and you have to win 3 in a row with a spent pitching staff and no days off. Just brutal. I’ll be happy if they can send Florida home tomorrow. Certainly not expecting to win 2 in a row against A&M though. Top it off with UK playing the Sat-Mon slate rather than Fri-Sun and it adds insult to injury. But hey, they’ve far exceeded all expectations for a team that is far less talented than most, if not all, other teams in the CWS. Picked to finish in the 10-11 range in all the SEC pre-season polls. I’ll take it.
Y'all have had a remarkable season and one to be proud of for sure. Of course, it is not over yet, but if it was you have everything to be pleased about and will be left with the future promise of next year.

Sorry about the minor hex.:(

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I bet you get a little tingle every time to rough it up with the boys on here.

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
No tingles emanating from you, so you're safe.

Enough about me. Tell us more about how a newb HC with no record somehow encapsulates the best aspects of several HOF coaches. Maybe he is an alchemist and can turn lead into gold! You won't even have to pay him!

In a perfect world Pope is a mixture of Pitino's practice/preparation, Tubby's in game coaching & Calipari's recruiting.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime
I'd rather Pope not recruit like Calipari. Cal recruits based on star power, which is future potential. He never recruited for fit and polish, he’s more concerned with draft potential and making promises that he has to make good on, no matter how bad the player is. If he doesn't keep his promises, the next batch of recruits will turn their noses up at him and Cal continues to play that game. You’re just getting a bunch of kids that are more concerned with their draft stock (me, me, me) than winning games in college.

With the transfer portal, I'd rather Pope go after proven veteran players and grab a few highly rated hs recruits that have the right mentality.

I hope Cal continues to play in the sandbox with these me-first players and their handlers that have their hands out and I hope Pope recruits the kids that want to win at UK. Get this, you can win at UK and use that to garner NBA draft attention, this is something Cal never believed in. Glad he's gone.

I'd rather Pope not recruit like Calipari. Cal recruits based on star power, which is future potential. He never recruited for fit and polish, he’s more concerned with draft potential and making promises that he has to make good on, no matter how bad the player is. If he doesn't keep his promises, the next batch of recruits will turn their noses up at him and Cal continues to play that game. You’re just getting a bunch of kids that are more concerned with their draft stock (me, me, me) than winning games in college.

With the transfer portal, I'd rather Pope go after proven veteran players and grab a few highly rated hs recruits that have the right mentality.

I hope Cal continues to play in the sandbox with these me-first players and their handlers that have their hands out and I hope Pope recruits the kids that want to win at UK. Get this, you can win at UK and use that to garner NBA draft attention, this is something Cal never believed in. Glad he's gone.
I would like to see the UConn model. Recruit a couple of high immediate potential guys but also guys that will mature into their roles.

Possible

Then again, you're the one frequenting a UK thread to troll.
I just wanted you to explain how you think Pope will be the best of a bunch of HOF coaches? We don't live in a perfect world, we live in the real world at least most of us do.

I just wanted you to explain how you think Pope will be the best of a bunch of HOF coaches? We don't live in a perfect world, we live in the real world at least most of us do.
You spent too much time huffing hairspray, didn't you?

In a perfect world Pope is a mixture of Pitino's practice/preparation, Tubby's in game coaching & Calipari's recruiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
You're telling me instead of spending Sunday in the NCAA Baseball thread on Soundoff (because her team was playing for a national championship), @della instead spent her Sunday here talking about UK basketball. Im not surprised at all.

Obsessed GIF
It was more like 5 minutes and it was about fan delusion and not so much UK basketball. Anywho, The Vols just clinched the College Baseball National Championship!:D

ADVERTISEMENT