ADVERTISEMENT

Texas

The Big 12 only has one team in KenPom’s top 10. Baylor doesn’t have to play a single top 10 team.

Home stretch and Michigan’s best win to date is vs AP #19.

You guys weren’t kidding about the gauntlet you face in that league.

Home stretch and Michigan’s best win to date is vs AP #19.

You guys weren’t kidding about the gauntlet you face in that league.
I think it's safe to say that using the team that's missed games because their state shut down athletics isn't really a good barometer.

I think it's safe to say that using the team that's missed games because their state shut down athletics isn't really a good barometer.

Those three games vs unranked teams would certainly change matters.

The more I see Texas play, the more I realize its the same ole same ole. Sad.

At this point I’ve realized my team has about a snowballs chance in hell of making a run so......

I want to see undefeated Gonzaga vs undefeated Baylor for the title.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
At this point I’ve realized my team has about a snowballs chance in hell of making a run so......

It’s going to take a team playing their best game against one of those two on an off night to disrupt this destiny.

I don’t really care if both are undefeated, but I would like to see those two battle it out. Every time I’ve seen both play this year I’ve actually enjoyed it.

Reactions: duckboy33
It’s going to take a team playing their best game against one of those two on an off night to disrupt this destiny.

The NCAA tournament is crazy. We rarely get #1 vs. #2

I think the last time that happened was 2005 when Illinois played UNC.

We're due.

I had a very unhealthy dislike for Illinois after that FF game, for no other reason that sour grapes.

Luther fcking Head, what a dumbass name

We would have just got beat by UNC as well though so that eases the pain.

Cant believe that was 15 years ago fml

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I had a very unhealthy dislike for Illinois after that FF game, for no other reason that sour grapes.

Luther fcking Head, what a dumbass name

We would have just got beat by UNC as well though so that eases the pain.

Cant believe that was 15 years ago fml
I can understand. I feel that way about UNC. I’ll say this, I had zero doubt that Illinois would win that game. Once we came back against Arizona, you could tell the team wouldn’t be stopped.

We had a pretty insane comeback that tourney as well vs WVU. Low key one of the best/most entertaining games ever for Card fans. I don’t remember the exact deficit but they were raining threes, well all game really, got up big like 20+ iirc, but we made a run and won. They had a really nice squad with beilein. Pittsnogle and air bear (Herber) are the only two I can still remember. Seemed more like we shot our wad then though, instead of building up to a team that “wouldn’t be stopped” as you put it, which is a weird way to characterize any team that’s season ended with a loss but that’s a argument for another day. It’s not like y’all didn’t have a helluva team and helluva year.

I actually thought we had a decent chance against you guys, but that quickly faded once the game started. We had a really good back court if you include Garcia at SF, with dean and obannon, and we were still completely outclassed by Williams/brown/head.

Neither of us had anything for Sean Maye though

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
What’s crazy is, now looking back at how hard that loss was, it’s basically the same accomplishment, making the final four.

History is no kinder to the runner up than the teams who lost the game before, for whatever reason.

ADVERTISEMENT