ADVERTISEMENT

Texas just showed Tech how it is done......

JustCallMeDad

Dec 19, 2017
UT has too much class to storm the court.
Tech should follow suit.

I guess if you won 22 straight home games against an opponent it is expected.

Now bring on the Hillbillies.
Bamba will take them on 1 on 5.

Texas beats some
one with a pulse and were ready to take on teams 5 men to 1 LOL.

Texas beats some
one with a pulse and were ready to take on teams 5 men to 1 LOL.

It will be a tough game for Davis, Coleman and Roach.

UT is definitely more talented than WVU but they do have experience and Carter.

Outside of UT Jevon Carter is my favorite Big XII player.
They need to let him know early that UT is the one who is the bully.

Great game and on National Television to showcase how great Big XII basketball is.
No conference provides the show every game that this conference does.

Reactions: npreston
It will be a tough game for Davis, Coleman and Roach.

UT is definitely more talented than WVU but they do have experience and Carter.

Outside of UT Jevon Carter is my favorite Big XII player.
They need to let him know early that UT is the one who is the bully.

Great game and on National Television to showcase how great Big XII basketball is.
No conference provides the show every game that this conference does.
Lol, the conference that has won one bball nattie in its existence.

Lol, the conference that has won one bball nattie in its existence.
What does Championships have to do with a conference strength.
Villanova winning the Championship in 2016 didn't make the Big East the best conference.

I am not going to explain it to you because you obviously want the SEC to seem like the best conference but I doubt if you match the best 10 in the Big XII against the best 10 in the SEC you will have a lead by the SEC.........

I forgot we do.....
We have the last 4 years and the SEC has not won a single one and in two weeks they might be swept.

Big XII might go 10-0 against the SEC

Wouldn't that be embarrassing

What does Championships have to do with a conference strength.
Villanova winning the Championship in 2016 didn't make the Big East the best conference.

I am not going to explain it to you because you obviously want the SEC to seem like the best conference but I doubt if you match the best 10 in the Big XII against the best 10 in the SEC you will have a lead by the SEC.........

I forgot we do.....
We have the last 4 years and the SEC has not won a single one and in two weeks they might be swept.

Big XII might go 10-0 against the SEC

Wouldn't that be embarrassing
The last few years the SEC was down, but this year they are stronger throughout the conference.

Basically everything I said in the KU vs WVU thread is coming to fruition.

KU has the conference in the bag again.

WVU blew a game they cant makeup anywhere else on the schedule

TT is going return to being TT

OU cannot ride 1 horse to a conference title

Everyone else is good enough to cause WVU TT and OU problems, but not nearly enough problems for KU on a game to game basis.

Everyone else is good enough to cause WVU TT and OU problems, but not nearly enough problems for KU on a game to game basis.
Man, I honestly think you're wrong. Kansas, even with much stronger teams, always has 3 or 4 losses----and they are all on the road. Dropping a home game was a huge chink in the armor. WVU in AFH will be 50/50. Kansas has a minimum of 3 losses left. We are still the team that is extremely vulnerable when the outside shots aren't falling. Big 12 play will have high highs and low lows. Perspective will change once again when we go cold and have a double digit loss. Kansas fans will bitch and moan (myself included) about how soft we are and the world and streak are ending. The last 25% of league play will have 3 or 4 teams gutting it out.....guaranteed.

WVU dropped a home game they should have won----just like Kansas. They will get on a 2 or 3 game roll and feel like the top team in no time. The good thing for Kansas is that WVU plays so physical, many of the top big 12 teams will wilt at least once.

Reactions: KisteK
Man, I honestly think you're wrong. Kansas, even with much stronger teams, always has 3 or 4 losses----and they are all on the road. Dropping a home game was a huge chink in the armor. WVU in AFH will be 50/50. Kansas has a minimum of 3 losses left. We are still the team that is extremely vulnerable when the outside shots aren't falling. Big 12 play will have high highs and low lows. Perspective will change once again when we go cold and have a double digit loss. Kansas fans will bitch and moan (myself included) about how soft we are and the world and streak are ending. The last 25% of league play will have 3 or 4 teams gutting it out.....guaranteed.

WVU dropped a home game they should have won----just like Kansas. They will get on a 2 or 3 game roll and feel like the top team in no time. The good thing for Kansas is that WVU plays so physical, many of the top big 12 teams will wilt at least once.

Well see but everything to date has played out like a typical Big XII season. Other than Kansas not having an unreal plethora of talent, it is the same old same old out of the other 9 Big XII programs except no real scrub teams at 9 and 10 which plays more into KU's hands than anyone elses. WVU 10 deep with future Euro stars, OU with 1 big time player, TT slipping into ISU's spot as the dormant program rising, Baylor with tremendous athletes that arent actually good at putting a ball into a hoop, and a bunch of bubble teams that will go OAD in NCAAT. No one good enough to grab the conference by the horns, so a below average team by KU standards will default walk away with it again.

Well see but everything to date has played out like a typical Big XII season. Other than Kansas not having an unreal plethora of talent, it is the same old same old out of the other 9 Big XII programs except no real scrub teams at 9 and 10 which plays more into KU's hands than anyone elses. WVU 10 deep with future Euro stars, OU with 1 big time player, TT slipping into ISU's spot as the dormant program rising, Baylor with tremendous athletes that arent actually good at putting a ball into a hoop, and a bunch of bubble teams that will go OAD in NCAAT. No one good enough to grab the conference by the horns, so a below average team by KU standards will default walk away with it again.
Im hoping you are right. You guys should beat UT/UK/and a tough game at TCU without its starting PG. Then games against ISU and KSU. Thats a tough but very winnable 5 game stretch. If you come out of that unscathed then you guys will be in great shape

Kansas flexed it's muscles on Monday win a big road win at West Virginia and the rest of the contenders responded by crapping their pants under the pressure of trying to keep pace. First OU and now Texas Tech drop road games against teams who aren't contenders for the Big 12 title.

Bob Huggins said it perfectly:
“I think this,” Huggins said. “You ever heard the story of the guy playing golf and he’s a guy who shoots 90 most of the time? So he goes out and shoots 37 on the front. What does he say? He says, ‘This isn’t like me. I don’t know what this is, but this ain’t like me.’ And he shoots a 59 on the back and he says, ‘See, I told you. This is more like me.’ He’s comfortable shooting a 59. He’s not comfortable shooting a 37.”
“We probably weren’t very comfortable being No. 2 in the country,” Huggins said. “I told them in practice just the other day, 'Look up at that crow’s nest up there. What do you think of that?' They said, ‘That’s pretty high.’ I said, ‘Well, that’s kind of where you are. You’re one rung away from the top. It’s not so hard to climb up there. Boy, that fall’s a (bear). That fall is hard.' I told them that’s about what we’re getting ready to do. Our preparation wasn’t what it needed to be.”

Kansas EXPECTS to be at the top of the standings and knows what has to be done to get there and stay there. It is yet to be seen if the rest of the contenders can figure out that formula in time to stave off Kansas and wrestle the Big 12 crown from them.

Kansas flexed it's muscles on Monday win a big road win at West Virginia and the rest of the contenders responded by crapping their pants under the pressure of trying to keep pace. First OU and now Texas Tech drop road games against teams who aren't contenders for the Big 12 title.

Bob Huggins said it perfectly:
“I think this,” Huggins said. “You ever heard the story of the guy playing golf and he’s a guy who shoots 90 most of the time? So he goes out and shoots 37 on the front. What does he say? He says, ‘This isn’t like me. I don’t know what this is, but this ain’t like me.’ And he shoots a 59 on the back and he says, ‘See, I told you. This is more like me.’ He’s comfortable shooting a 59. He’s not comfortable shooting a 37.”
“We probably weren’t very comfortable being No. 2 in the country,” Huggins said. “I told them in practice just the other day, 'Look up at that crow’s nest up there. What do you think of that?' They said, ‘That’s pretty high.’ I said, ‘Well, that’s kind of where you are. You’re one rung away from the top. It’s not so hard to climb up there. Boy, that fall’s a (bear). That fall is hard.' I told them that’s about what we’re getting ready to do. Our preparation wasn’t what it needed to be.”

Kansas EXPECTS to be at the top of the standings and knows what has to be done to get there and stay there. It is yet to be seen if the rest of the contenders can figure out that formula in time to stave off Kansas and wrestle the Big 12 crown from them.

This exactly. No killer instinct out of the rest of the Big XII, and when the success does come it is such uncharted territory for those programs that their players cant handle the hype. As Ive maintained all along, its 1 first tier program and 9 second tier programs (well, TT and TCU more like traditional 3rd tier programs), making the jump from 2nd tier to 1st tier is one of the hardest things to do in sports and all of the programs in the Big XII have struggled to get to the next rung.

Kind of hard to storm the court with only a few hundred in attendance and half of those were Tech fans.
THIS. Most Texas fans don't care about BB at all. The only way they storm the court is if they had race to center court to win front row football tickets right after the game.

????
KU almost loss to K State on Saturday.

The just have a lot more talent than those other three.

I said in November that Kansas was not losing the Big XII this year but Texas was going to be possibly better than them by the Tournament.

Without Jones that will be hard unless Davis becomes more consistent.

I think WVU's experience will help them throughout the season but the winner of the Big XII is going to have at least 4 losses.
No one is getting through this without taking some lumps.

Talent wise Kansas and Texas are well above everyone else.
I think Baylor could be said to have the third best roster in terms of talent.
Tech and OU are a bit overrated to me right now.

????
KU almost loss to K State on Saturday.

The just have a lot more talent than those other three.

I said in November that Kansas was not losing the Big XII this year but Texas was going to be possibly better than them by the Tournament.

Without Jones that will be hard unless Davis becomes more consistent.

I think WVU's experience will help them throughout the season but the winner of the Big XII is going to have at least 4 losses.
No one is getting through this without taking some lumps.

Talent wise Kansas and Texas are well above everyone else.
I think Baylor could be said to have the third best roster in terms of talent.
Tech and OU are a bit overrated to me right now.
Texas isn't going to even finish in the top 4 of the conference. They have a few individually talented players but collectively, they are one of the worst shooting teams in the sport.

Texas Big 12 rankings:
Scoring: last
Free Throw %: last
3pt fg%: last
assists: last

Texas, Kansas State and TCU are a solid Tier B that can on occasion, pick off a win from a Tier A team but they do not have the shot making skills or coaching talent to win enough games over the 18 game double round robin to finish at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT