ADVERTISEMENT

Tells us about your team's opening dance partner and what you think of them.

We have VT.
I know absolutely nothing about them.

i feel like Mike White is our Mark Richt.

4 straight tourneys....wins a round every year. Underachieves during the regular season.

year 6 and he got to an elite 8 with Billy’s players and the heroics of Chiozza.

I just feel like UF is a better program than (just make the tourney every year)

i know it’s been a while since the back to back titles, but UF’s got a lot of final 4 and elite 8 banners hanging in the O’dome.
While not a traditional power. Their last 25 years would be borderline blue-blood status.

I’m assuming we get by VT, get blown out by OSU...rinse/repeat and be a 7-10 seed this time next year.

That was therapeutic

We have VT.
I know absolutely nothing about them.

i feel like Mike White is our Mark Richt.

4 straight tourneys....wins a round every year. Underachieves during the regular season.

year 6 and he got to an elite 8 with Billy’s players and the heroics of Chiozza.

I just feel like UF is a better program than (just make the tourney every year)

i know it’s been a while since the back to back titles, but UF’s got a lot of final 4 and elite 8 banners hanging in the O’dome.
While not a traditional power. Their last 25 years would be borderline blue-blood status.

I’m assuming we get by VT, get blown out by OSU...rinse/repeat and be a 7-10 seed this time next year.

That was therapeutic

Please beat VT

It depends on the team UK has for me if that makes sense. For instance...

The UK team with John Wall and those guys was a fun season but a disappointment because we lost to a team we should have beat and didn’t make a final four.

The team that had Fox, Monk and Bam that lost to UNc in the elite 8 I was not disappointed in. I was disappointed in the way they lost but I thought from the get go if they could make an elite eight or better I would be ok with it.

2015 38-1 team, great season and I can’t say it was a disappointment but it kinda was because we didn’t finish what would’ve been the greatest run in college basketball as far as going undefeated.

2011 Brandon Knight team that lost to Connecticut in the championship game, sucked losing but not disappointed at all.

The reason I ask you this is because you was really high on Barnes and this team coming in and so was a lot of my UT buddies. They are pretty pissed with Barnes for not winning the SEC with this team and say if he don’t make a final four run with them he’ll prolly never make it. These dudes are die hard UT fans who was throwing the “best UT team ever” around more than you. They really thought/think this is UT’s best chance.

UCLA. The Indiana of the PAC 12.

I’m jealous of their players though. Go to UCLA for free. Seems insane they don’t recruit better, I can’t think of a place kids want to more than LA.

Nice to know we're still relevant... 😀

UNCG. They like to pressure the ball and make opponents turn it over. FSU, likes to oblige and turn it over. UNCG turns FSU over around 20 times, they win.

Clemson.

I don't know much about them but from their efficiency #s they seem like a very similar team to us (Rutgers). Good defense, struggles on offense. They do shoot the three better than us though.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
It depends on the team UK has for me if that makes sense. For instance...

The UK team with John Wall and those guys was a fun season but a disappointment because we lost to a team we should have beat and didn’t make a final four.

The team that had Fox, Monk and Bam that lost to UNc in the elite 8 I was not disappointed in. I was disappointed in the way they lost but I thought from the get go if they could make an elite eight or better I would be ok with it.

2015 38-1 team, great season and I can’t say it was a disappointment but it kinda was because we didn’t finish what would’ve been the greatest run in college basketball as far as going undefeated.

2011 Brandon Knight team that lost to Connecticut in the championship game, sucked losing but not disappointed at all.

The reason I ask you this is because you was really high on Barnes and this team coming in and so was a lot of my UT buddies. They are pretty pissed with Barnes for not winning the SEC with this team and say if he don’t make a final four run with them he’ll prolly never make it. These dudes are die hard UT fans who was throwing the “best UT team ever” around more than you. They really thought/think this is UT’s best chance.

Your response Deller?

Your response Deller?
Scottie,

Y'all were pretty high on Cal and his #1 ranked recruiting class weren't you? Y'all ready to fire him?

You're crazy if you answer yes. Shit happens, people get hurt, and people go into a funk. We are in the dance, let the fun begin.

Reactions: cdbearde
Scottie,

Y'all were pretty high on Cal and his #1 ranked recruiting class weren't you? Y'all ready to fire him?

You're crazy if you answer yes. Shit happens, people get hurt, and people go into a funk. We are in the dance, let the fun begin.

Deller you seem to be dodging a simple question and you’re trying to turn it around on me. Can you not answer my question? It’s pretty simple.

I mean we usually have a pretty high ranked class and no I’m not wanting to fire Cal. I can live with a bad season every now and then because you’re right, shit happens, we had players hurt and we just wasn’t that good but again, this was suppose to be UT’s best team ever (your words) led by the best UT coach ever (your words). I’m just asking if UT fans will be disappointed if UT with all that talent and coach Barnes doesn’t make a final four. Again, really simple!

Last edited:
Deller you seem to be dodging a simple question and you’re trying to turn it around on me. Can you not answer my question? It’s pretty simple.

I mean we usually have a pretty high ranked class and no I’m not wanting to fire Cal. I can live with a bad season every now and then because you’re right, shit happens, we had players hurt and we just wasn’t that good but again, this was suppose to be UT’s best team ever (your words) led by the best UT coach ever (your words). I’m just asking if UT fans will be disappointed if UT with all that talent and coach Barnes doesn’t make a final four. Again, really simple!
If you insist Scottie, I would have disappointed if we had not made the dance with this kinda talent. I was more disappointed that we didn't stop the bammers (cause I hate them), but they won the SEC *(fair and square).
We are playing Friday. I'm as pleased as punch.

* I'm remiss to us "fair and square" about anything relating to bama.

Watched a little of ol' Eastern Washington, and it seems like a team that KU should be able to handle. A lot of relatively unathletic white dudes. Not a lot of length. Solid shooters though.

With KU's history with mid-majors, I'm not guaranteeing a win. Plus, Wilson is out and McCormack may not play much.

If you insist Scottie, I would have disappointed if we had not made the dance with this kinda talent. I was more disappointed that we didn't stop the bammers (cause I hate them), but they won the SEC *(fair and square).
We are playing Friday. I'm as pleased as punch.

* I'm remiss to us "fair and square" about anything relating to bama.

So beating Bama, UK and making the NCAA is the high standard you have for your program?? Not gonna lie Deller, I’m a little disappointed.

So beating Bama, UK and making the NCAA is the high standard you have for your program?? Not gonna lie Deller, I’m a little disappointed.
What is your standard for UK Scottie?

What is your standard for UK Scottie?

Well, it wasn’t what we seen this year!😂

Deep runs in the NCAA tourney, competing for national championships and making final fours. Is that gonna happen every year? No but that’s the standard I have for UK.

Never will beating another team during the season or another team no making the NCAA tourney make me feel better about UK having a bad season. The kinda stuff is embarrassing. Not saying you do that, I’ve just seen other people including UK fans do it.

Well, it wasn’t what we seen this year!😂

Deep runs in the NCAA tourney, competing for national championships and making final fours. Is that gonna happen every year? No but that’s the standard I have for UK.

Never will beating another team during the season or another team no making the NCAA tourney make me feel better about UK having a bad season. The kinda stuff is embarrassing. Not saying you do that, I’ve just seen other people including UK fans do it.
What exactly Scottie? National title? FF, elite 8? What exactly is a successful season IYO?
Why is the failure line?

What exactly Scottie? National title? FF, elite 8? What exactly is a successful season IYO?
Why is the failure line?

I just told you! I can’t explain any better than what I just told you. I see what you’re trying to do which is avoid the question. How about instead of turning a question on somebody else you just give an honest answer??? You won’t because you don’t wanna say this year to this point isn’t what you thought it was gonna be and you’re somewhat disappointed in the job Barnes has done. You thought UT was gonna come into the season, win the SEC easily and make a deep run in the NCAA. They still can make a deep run but if this is UT’s best team ever with Barnes at the helm and all he can do is finish 3rd to 8th in the SEC in a down year and not make a strong run to a final four does your further look very bright?

Failure line would be what I told you in one of my post above. Underachieving with a team that should have done better.

I just told you! I can’t explain any better than what I just told you. I see what you’re trying to do which is avoid the question. How about instead of turning a question on somebody else you just give an honest answer??? You won’t because you don’t wanna say this year to this point isn’t what you thought it was gonna be and you’re somewhat disappointed in the job Barnes has done. You thought UT was gonna come into the season, win the SEC easily and make a deep run in the NCAA. They still can make a deep run but if this is UT’s best team ever with Barnes at the helm and all he can do is finish 3rd to 8th in the SEC in a down year and not make a strong run to a final four does your further look very bright?
What is the failure line Scottie? FF? elite 8? Just answer the question and quit skating around it?

Btw, I already answered the question honestly and told you so when I did. I'm thrilled with Barnes, but can see why you're not with him kicking y'all's ass so much.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Failure line would be what I told you in one of my post above. Underachieving with a team that should have done better.
You know, y'all had the #1 recruiting class in the country and we all know how that worked out. How is y'all's future looking? 😭 😁

What is the failure line Scottie? FF? elite 8? Just answer the question and quit skating around it?

Btw, I already answered the question honestly and told you so when I did. I'm thrilled with Barnes, but can see why you're not with him kicking y'all's ass so much.

Might want to check that last game again because I’m pretty sure we beat that ass for UT!

You know, y'all had the #1 recruiting class in the country and we all know how that worked out. How is y'all's future looking? 😭 😁

We all know what UK’s future is but like always you dodge questions and try coming back with weak as water comebacks hoping to get a like or two. I ask you a legit question and the best answer you can give is that you’re just happy making the NCAA. The truth is, that you’re scared to death your team will flame out yet again.

We all know what UK’s future is but like always you dodge questions and try coming back with weak as water comebacks hoping to get a like or two. I ask you a legit question and the best answer you can give is that you’re just happy making the NCAA. The truth is, that you’re scared to death your team will flame out yet again.
You appear to be drowning in that weak water. You seem to be upset that I don't answer you with the answer you want. However, I am answering you with the truth. I look at the (sports) stuff as pure entertainment and nothing more.

You are the one that measures success in championships or FF and yet you refuse to say what exactly is the line between success and failure. If you choose to look at things that way, you should be able to answer it that way.

I am happy with Tennessee, we are dancing. 😊

I’m upset that you want give me the answer I want??😂 You always like to think you’re upsetting somebody or something. No pumpkin, you don’t upset me at all. All I’m saying is that for somebody that had really high hopes for their team it seems funny that you’re “ok” with them just making the dance. I’m simply saying with the team and coach that you’ve told us all about since last year that surely you as a UT fan would expect more that just making the tourney. As far as my failure line and all that I’ve already explained that to you. Is it hard for you to understand??? I also notice that you didn’t reply to the other post about UK beating UT recently. Wonder why?😂

I’m upset that you want give me the answer I want??😂 You always like to think you’re upsetting somebody or something. No pumpkin, you don’t upset me at all. All I’m saying is that for somebody that had really high hopes for their team it seems funny that you’re “ok” with them just making the dance. I’m simply saying with the team and coach that you’ve told us all about since last year that surely you as a UT fan would expect more that just making the tourney. As far as my failure line and all that I’ve already explained that to you. Is it hard for you to understand??? I also notice that you didn’t reply to the other post about UK beating UT recently. Wonder why?😂
Scottie, you're being an idiot, stop it.

First of all, I'm not dogging on UK any, so why are you going on so? I'm excited for our game today, thanks to coach Barnes. You can't do good in the tourney if you don't even get into the tourney. You should understand that, right?

Deller....if UT gets beat today would you be disappointed in the season? All you do is give sideways answers and everyone can see it. Just forget I ask any questions because it’s clear you don’t wanna answer it. Good luck in your game today!!!

Reactions: MGC_07
Deller....if UT gets beat today would you be disappointed in the season? All you do is give sideways answers and everyone can see it. Just forget I ask any questions because it’s clear you don’t wanna answer it. Good luck in your game today!!!
I'm only disappointed in the game. However, OSU had us scouted perfectly and hats off to them. We couldn't hit the long ball today and sometimes that's the way it goes.

Reactions: YellowlabOSU
I'm only disappointed in the game. However, OSU had us scouted perfectly and hats off to them. We couldn't hit the long ball today and sometimes that's the way it goes.
The Beavers defend the three very well, that's what they did against us in the conference championship game.

The Fulkerson injury really hurt your team.

I'm a little surprised but Tinkle is a great coach. He was going to have his guys ready. It appears they are playing with a lot of confidence. Beavs look like a dangerous team.

Injuries happen, I don't want to take anything away from OSU's win. They played well.

Yes injuries happen but taking cheap intentional elbows to the head is a different thing. Oregon State still might have won the game but it was a tough loss for Tennessee.

Utah State is a well coached team. Young at the guard positions and we were able to speed them up to get turnovers. I wish we could convince their Center to Grad Transfer to Texas Tech. He is very talented.

So much for the opportunity to say the Beavers got pounded. Thanks Tennessee.
Tennessee was all set to commence the pounding of the Beavers but quickly realized they were not prepared for the Tinkle. The Tinkle is what scared them.

Last edited:
I know a couple things about UNCG. The game with FSU will be close. FSU will win or lose.😉

ADVERTISEMENT