ADVERTISEMENT

Tells us about your team's opening dance partner and what you think of them.

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Tennessee vs Oregon State

Oregon State- wears Orange, what is not to like? Don't know anything else.

Scottie & CD feel free to chime in on our opponent OSU. Those of you who's team ain't dancing, pick a team and talk about their opponent.

Reactions: cdbearde
I don't know much about Wisconsin except they are highly ranked in a lot of computer metrics and have played a much tougher schedule than UNC. No idea why they wouldn't be favored.

Colgate
Record: 14-1
Punched their winning ticket beating Loyola in the Patriot League tournament.
Currently on a 13 game win streak

They have not played the same level of competition Arkansas has but I respect any team that goes 14-1 and currently on a 13 game win streak. They are also 6-0 away from home.

Scottie & CD feel free to chime in on our opponent OSU. Those of you who's team ain't dancing, pick a team and talk about their opponent.
The Cocks and Beavers have meant to dance forever it seems, regardless of sport. Sometimes slow and rhythmic with passion that's as thick as a blanket, sometimes violently with only the ledge of the precipice as the finish line. Anyway I digress, enjoy your matchup.

Reactions: sdave and duckboy33
Roy is a coach Wisconsin fans hate. It's an old grudge resulting from his comment on the 2000 MSU-Wisconsin semifinal. And I know nothing about their current team.

della, you know I don't have a dog in this fight, and it sucks. But I don't know anything about Oregon State. But if they wear orange, then I can guarantee the ones wearing orange will win. 😂
But wish you the best, GO SEC!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: della

I don’t have one particular team to talk about I just hope it’s a really good NCAA tournament. I will say though I’m pulling for all SEC teams But if one of them doesn’t win it I wouldn’t mind seeing Gonzaga run the table.

Deller, how far does Tennessee have to go to not be considered a failure of a season? Barnes has been at UT a few years now and has his players. This is suppose to be UT’s best team ever or at least in years. Final four or bust?

Ahmad Brooks is from Abilene. Always has love for his hometown.

He doesn't like the draw at all.

Don't remember the last time Texas didn't beat a team from the Southland Conference.
Pretty familiar with a lot of the schools.

Plus Abilene Christian is very similar to Tx Tech in a lot of ways.
So there is familiarity

• Haha
Colgate

They have not played the same level of competition Arkansas has but I respect any team that goes 14-1 and currently on a 13 game win streak. They are also 6-0 away from home.

They’ve played like 5 teams.

WVU gets Morehead State.

I mean what’s not to like about More Head? Other than the snarky jokes, I do remember they took out Louisville one year. This year’s version according to the computers appears over seeded, more like a typical 15 or even a better 16 seed. If we lose I think it will be more about nerves than it is about them surprising WVU with its talent. They do have a 15-3 conference record which is always a concern, but they also failed to stay within 10 of either UK, Richmond, Clemson, and tOSU. These games always make me nervous as the potential for national embarrassment is enormous, but overall I am happy with this draw.

Not sure who we open the '22 season with...

Reactions: pig1960
We’re battling COVID and then Ohio, who has a pretty good offense and a horrific defense according to the metrics. Seems like they have a stud guard and a solid big and some pretty decent but not great shooters around them. Not feeling confident about playing and, even if we do, we’ll be coming off pause with no practice against a solid team that could beat us even without all those other factors.

Colgate

Colgate runs baby....Average like 85ppg.

Reactions: shields
They’ve played like 5 teams.
Yes. Several times. You would think one of those teams would have figured something out about how to stop them from beyond the arc.

They have a very high 3pt percentage and tough defense but it is against weaker opponents. If they can continue to rain 3's successfully they will be able to scare the Hogs. Not that it matters much as a fan but I am not taking anything for granted. Being a Razorback fan will do that to a person. :)

I don’t have one particular team to talk about I just hope it’s a really good NCAA tournament. I will say though I’m pulling for all SEC teams But if one of them doesn’t win it I wouldn’t mind seeing Gonzaga run the table.

Deller, how far does Tennessee have to go to not be considered a failure of a season? Barnes has been at UT a few years now and has his players. This is suppose to be UT’s best team ever or at least in years. Final four or bust?
Scottie, I'm going to answer this honestly. I don't think I look at things the same way you do. I look at the season as the journey and the postseason as the destination. Some folks are only interested in getting to the destination, but I like the trip too.

I have looked at our bracket and can see a path to the FF. It's not like we have Gonzaga game 2. However, I'm really more into how we play in a given game. Even though we lost to the filthy bammers, I was pleased with the effort. I think Fulkerson could have made the difference.

To answer the question directly, I'll be happy if we play well and I'll be pissed if we play like idiots.

The Cocks and Beavers have meant to dance forever it seems, regardless of sport. Sometimes slow and rhythmic with passion that's as thick as a blanket, sometimes violently with only the ledge of the precipice as the finish line. Anyway I digress, enjoy your matchup.
il_570xN.727180625_37gh.jpg

Slim,
Yes, you did digress and thanks for the well wishes . However, since you posted I want you to have this picture from your childhood.

Do you have a team that you can adopt for the tourney that you kinda like?
Tenn and Bama. I lived in both places: Gadsend, TN, and Grand Bay, Alabama. Loved living in Bama. Tenn was fukin beautiful.

So I'll have a rooting interest in the Vols/Tide.

Would like to see Big 10 team win the title----As long as its not Iowa or Purdue.

This season is gravy for Purdue. One of the youngest teams in the country relying on big production from freshman.,.Edey, Ivey, Newman and Gillis. Really good recruiting class coming in next year. Could lose first game or could get Great 8 or FF. It’s all good for Boiler fans. Not afraid to play anyone sans Gonzaga. They look solid schedule notwithstanding.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
They call themselves Eastern Washington. They’re from Eastern Washington.

I’ve never been there, but I’m sure it’s awfully nice.

Wisconsin. Home of Frank Kaminsky. Stopped the 40-0 UK Wildcats famously. Afterwards the UK wanna be one and done guard called him a a racial slur during a literal press conference on mic.

Other than that. They play boring basketball that no one likes so they have no fans and if we lose to Wisconsin it will be the most boring tournament I have ever watched. = (

Tenn and Bama. I lived in both places: Gadsend, TN, and Grand Bay, Alabama. Loved living in Bama. Tenn was fukin beautiful.

Would like to see Big 10 team win the title----As long as its not Iowa or Purdue.
We look forward to disappointing you, regardless of how worried about that you are........... SmokinSmile

That is just wrong! Are you getting paid by the bammers to say that stuff? That's the only feasible explanation.

Wisconsin. Home of Frank Kaminsky. Stopped the 40-0 UK Wildcats famously. Afterwards the UK wanna be one and done guard called him a a racial slur during a literal press conference on mic.

Other than that. They play boring basketball that no one likes so they have no fans and if we lose to Wisconsin it will be the most boring tournament I have ever watched. = (

There's plenty of Badger fans. Hopefully we bore you guys into submission Friday night.

Reactions: asindc and buckymel
UCLA. The Indiana of the PAC 12.

I’m jealous of their players though. Go to UCLA for free. Seems insane they don’t recruit better, I can’t think of a place kids want to more than LA.

Having been to UCLA’s campus twice, I have no idea why they don’t have a top 10 recruiting class every year.

Reactions: Ikibari and MGC_07
Scottie, I'm going to answer this honestly. I don't think I look at things the same way you do. I look at the season as the journey and the postseason as the destination. Some folks are only interested in getting to the destination, but I like the trip too.

I have looked at our bracket and can see a path to the FF. It's not like we have Gonzaga game 2. However, I'm really more into how we play in a given game. Even though we lost to the filthy bammers, I was pleased with the effort. I think Fulkerson could have made the difference.

To answer the question directly, I'll be happy if we play well and I'll be pissed if we play like idiots.

I get that but as far as the season as a whole goes will you consider this year a failure if Barnes and this team (that you have called UT’s best ever) doesn’t make a final four or better? I get being happy with them playing well but with Barnes as your coach and UTs best team ever is it a failure if they don’t make a final four?

I get that but as far as the season as a whole goes will you consider this year a failure if Barnes and this team (that you have called UT’s best ever) doesn’t make a final four or better? I get being happy with them playing well but with Barnes as your coach and UTs best team ever is it a failure if they don’t make a final four?
I will not consider it a failure. I consider making the Dance a success and everything else is just gravy.

If UK doesn't make the FF is it a failure in your eyes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT