ADVERTISEMENT

Teams that will suffer setbacks and return to mediocrity in next few years

SMH, this is the 3rd or 4th straight season where rivals have said that UNC won’t be any good next year. Ol Roy just keeps proving them wrong & he’ll do it again next year.

playing two big men at the same time in the post is not the way you win in the current college basketball landscape.
What in the world...

2018-02-24-dn-suhoops50jpg-9189181f5649122c.jpg

tyler-davis-and-robert-williams-of-the-texas-am-aggies-rebound-the-picture-id905827998

You can't be successful playing two big men in the post eh?

I actually agree with bignish here. UNC had a pretty dominant run the previous two years with two bigs down low. Then you have Duke this year and A&M was just fantastic last night and has been great all year when healthy. I'm sure there are more than that as well.

Michigan St.

Izzo can still recruit some great talent but his schemes are 10 years in the past. Guards who can’t penetrate and playing two big men at the same time in the post is not the way you win in the current college basketball landscape. They’ll take a major step back next season.

Playing 2 big men don’t work:

Meeks/Hicks 2017 champs
TylerH/ Thompson 2009 champs
May/Williams 2005 champs
Lynch/Montross 1993 champs
Worthy/Perkins. 1982 champs

The last 3 titles worked just fine for Roy.

Last edited:
UNC can bounce back in a year with a good recruiting class and probably will.

I think huggs has at least 5 or 6 years left, but we'll see who wvu hires after that.

Huggs will probbaly hand pick his guy. Could go after Frank Martin.

If we don't make a good hire we could really slide.

One thing that makes me feel a little better is we started winning before Huggs, with Beilein.
5 or 6 years? Aw come on. Huggins is a ball coach. That's what he is. He'll be like Bill Snyder and probably coach till he falls over on the court.
I'm hoping it's not Frank. It still stings he's gone, and I don't want us to have to face him on a regular basis. I am on board with Weber now, but I'll always have a really soft spot for Bob Huggins and Frank Martin.

Meeks/Hicks 2017 champs
May/Williams 2005 champs

What in the world...

2018-02-24-dn-suhoops50jpg-9189181f5649122c.jpg

tyler-davis-and-robert-williams-of-the-texas-am-aggies-rebound-the-picture-id905827998

You can't be successful playing two big men in the post eh?

It can be successful if you have elite talent. It’s not the optimal way to construct a college basketball roster in 2018. Big difference between Bagley/Carter and Ward/Tillman

There's this one team that will rapidly decline starting next year but if I said who it is, a certain someone will claim I'm mad.

Losing Carter will hurt them, but doesn't WVU still return some nice pieces?
They also lose Dexter Miles Jr for sure. I wouldn't be shocked if Ahmad and Konate both go as well. Ahmad really doesn't like school and Konate doesn't have the balls to face KU by himself.

Meeks/Hicks 2017 champs
May/Williams 2005 champs

He didn't say it doesn't work and certainly wasn't talking about the state of the game 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Can't believe nobody said Missouri yet. If they lose both Porters Robertson and Barnett I mean yikes.

Well they are pretty much mediocre anyway, when were they relevent? The only time in my memory that they were considered a contender was Frank Haith’s 30 wins season and it finished quickly with a 15 over 2 upset.

Losing Carter will hurt them, but doesn't WVU still return some nice pieces?

WVU has 1 freshman, 5 sophs and 1 jr in our top 9, some nice players coming in next year, and a HOF coach.... rapid decline starting next year. Laughing

We've been a consistent winning program for 13 years now... we're not going anywhere until Huggs retires.

Last edited:
They also lose Dexter Miles Jr for sure. I wouldn't be shocked if Ahmad and Konate both go as well. Ahmad really doesn't like school and Konate doesn't have the balls to face KU by himself.

Laughing literally no clue what you're talking about.

you're so bad at this....and so mad.

See ya in the next thread where you bring up my name or WVU.

WVU has 1 freshman, 5 sophs and 1 jr in our top 9, some nice players coming in next year, and a HOF coach.... rapid decline starting next year. Laughing

We've been a consistent winning program for 13 years now... we're not going anywhere until Huggs retires.

This esteban goofball is so damn mad tho
WVU doesn't even have a single Top-100 recruit. Jevon Carter and Dexter Miles carry your team. You're in for a VERY long season next year without them.

And there it is! I'm mad because KU curb stomped those hicks from Shittytown 3 times. lol

Shittytown? Eyeroll Gotta be in the 12-15 year old range, or mentally challenged to say something that dumb.

I don't know why you're mad, but you clearly are.

Reactions: KisteK
Shittytown? Eyeroll Gotta be in the 12-15 year old range, or mentally challenged to say something that dumb.

I don't know why you're mad, but you clearly are.
Don't you have a couch to burn? I have absolutely nothing to be mad about, unlike yourself.

45273a2dbf565f320249bf2aa154a3e5.jpg

WVU doesn't even have a single Top-100 recruit. Jevon Carter and Dexter Miles carry your team. You're in for a VERY long season next year without them.

Derek Culver and Jordan McCabe are both top 100 recruits.

And newsflash, Jevon Carter and Dax Miles weren't top 100 recruits either. They weren't top 300 recruits.

Huggs has no problems turning average talent into great college players. DaSean Butler, Kevin Jones, Truck Bryant, Joe Mazzulla, Juwan Staten, Devin Williams, Jevon Carter, Daxter Miles, Joe Alexander, Jaysean Paige, etc etc etc...

Brandon Knapper.... remember the name, angry man.

Don't you have a couch to burn? I have absolutely nothing to be mad about, unlike yourself.

45273a2dbf565f320249bf2aa154a3e5.jpg

Congrats. KU is a great program.

If you're not mad explain why you keep talking about me and WVU in every single thread you post in.

I'll hang up and wait....

And newsflash, Jevon Carter and Dax Miles weren't top 100 recruits either.

Huggs has no problems turning average talent into great college players. DaSean Butler, Kevin Jones, Truck Bryant, Joe Mazzulla, Juwan Staten, Devin Williams, Jevon Carter, Daxter Miles, Jaysean Paige, etc etc etc...

Devon Dotson, Quentin Grimes, David McCormack are all McDonals All-Americans. A bit better than just Top 100. Good shot at landing another as well in Langford.

Newsflash, WVU sucks, Huggins ISN'T a Hall Of Fame coach, and you're going to get your asses kicked by Nova.

Dedric Lawson.....Remember the name, delusional douche.

Screenshot-2015-04-08-at-4.10.14-PM.png

Congrats. KU is a great program.

If you're not mad explain why you keep talking about me and WVU in every single thread you post in.

I'll hang up and wait....
Explain to me why you have to make excuses every time you lose to KU. It happens so often that you should know by now that KU is just better.

Screenshot-2015-04-08-at-4.10.14-PM.png

And newsflash, Jevon Carter and Dax Miles weren't top 100 recruits either. They weren't top 300 recruits.

Huggs has no problems turning average talent into great college players. DaSean Butler, Kevin Jones, Truck Bryant, Joe Mazzulla, Juwan Staten, Devin Williams, Jevon Carter, Daxter Miles, Joe Alexander, Jaysean Paige, etc etc etc...

i think he is going to be a very good player

Same, only with Culver highlighted, too.

i have not watched any of his highlights, so i know very little of him

we have a UK fan that lives in Wisconsin and he posts a lot of highlights of Jordan McCabe and Tyler Herro

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT