ADVERTISEMENT

Summer concerts you'll be attending...

Jul 6, 2007
For the music lovers.

Tickets purchased:
Michael Franti @ Red Rocks 6/1
Pearl Jam @ Wrigley both 8/18 and 8/20

Will do couple of these:
Franti @ Grand Rapids 7/8 (Meijer Gardens, venue looks cool)
Pearl Jam @ Missoula, MT 8/13
Elton John @ UC in Chicago 10/26 or 10/27
Foo Fighters @ Noblesville, IN 7/26

Where are you headed this summer?

Memphis in May this weekend.

Capture_1519215630120_34809106_ver1.0_1280_720.PNG

Reactions: 829305
Probably none. We had a house offer accepted last week so are going to save money to furnish it and privacy fence the back yard.

Going to some group called Lone Bellow tonight. No idea who that is.

Dave Matthews in Chicago beginning of July.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley in August.

This in September:

5ada16423007f0d9d307fe46

Can’t find a fvcking lineup image that will post, so I give up. But went to Welcome to Rockville this weekend down in Jacksonville. Not sure about the rest of summer, have to see who comes to the DMV.

Going to some group called Lone Bellow tonight. No idea who that is.

Dave Matthews in Chicago beginning of July.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley in August.

This in September:

5ada16423007f0d9d307fe46
REALLY wanna attend that Bourbon and Beyond one year. Think Vedder was there solo last year, maybe.

As the Crow Flies @Mont Bleu South Lake Tahoe, CA 5/12
DMB @ Harvey’s South Lake Tahoe, CA - 9/7
Courtney Barnett @Ogden Theatre Denver, CO - 9/29

And a whole bunch of maybes around the Reno/Tahoe area... DMB (Shoreline) Phish, Ice Cube, 311, Steve Miller Band/Peter Frampton, Counting Crows/Live

REALLY wanna attend that Bourbon and Beyond one year. Think Vedder was there solo last year, maybe.

Yes it was last year. Right before I moved, so I couldn't make it. Eddie solo is on my bucket list.

And a whole bunch of maybes around the Reno/Tahoe area... DMB (Shoreline) Phish, Ice Cube, 311, Steve Miller Band/Peter Frampton, Counting Crows/Live
Saw Steve Miller Band at MiM a couple of years ago. They only played new stuff and not a single classic. They were booed when they left the stage.

Saw Steve Miller Band at MiM a couple of years ago. They only played new stuff and not a single classic. They were booed when they left the stage.
I saw em back in college, maybe '96ish and it was all hits. However, they put a rap into the middle of Fly Like An Eagle, and everyone was like wtf?

Haven't seen DMB in years, but used to go most every summer. Those were fun times. No show brought out the beautiful women like Dave in the summer.

Haven't seen DMB in years, but used to go most every summer. Those were fun times. No show brought out the beautiful women like Dave in the summer.

haha absolutely. I have been to 45 shows since 2003. Last summer was the first time I was unable to go to any and it was just Dave and Tim no band. They are a shell of their former selves, but it is still a great time. No violin this summer is going to be interesting to say the least, and depending on how they sound decides if I drive to San Fran the following night after Tahoe.

Dammit, Hail. I set you up to reply, "Actually, some Hispanics will be building it for a cheap rate, if not for free."

Actually the big reason we need a fence is because our (rescue) dog doesn't like strangers.

We named her Trump

We are going to Culture Club in July. Not really my thing but the wife likes them so I got her tickets for Mother's Day.

We are going to Culture Club in July. Not really my thing but the wife likes them so I got her tickets for Mother's Day.
Boy George is a musical savant. If he wasn't openly gay in the 80's, there wouldn't be so many hang ups.

Not sure about down the road, but I'm seeing Justin Moore on Friday here at 4th Street in Louisville. Saw the Eagles in Lexington a few weeks ago. There is a rock fest here in town called Louder than Life, and they always have a few bands that I enjoy. Plus its a bourbon festival. So I'll probably end up going to this as well.

For the music lovers.

Tickets purchased:

Will do couple of these:

The only concert we are going to is Michael Franti. He is playing here in Wilmington at Greenfield Lake. July 29th.

They do tribute band concerts on the river every Friday night starting the Friday before Memorial Day. There are a lot of good bands that sound good enough to have a good time. It's free, but the beers are $5 each.

I haven't. A friend of ours bought us tickets and then asked if we wanted to go. She said that they sold out in 20 minutes. I only know one, maybe two songs. But I hear he is really good live.

He's unreal. And he'll be right by ya at some point during the concert, as he's all over the venue during the show. He's probably the best human being on the planet, not hyperbole.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I don't care about that (but know what you are saying) I just never loved their stuff. It isn't terrible so I'll enjoy the few songs I know though.
I didn't mean to suggest you were a homophobe, just talking in general and what I saw during the 80's.

He's unreal. And he'll be right by ya at some point during the concert, as he's all over the venue during the show. He's probably the best human being on the planet, not hyperbole.
Reminds me of a System of a Down concert I went to ~2006. We went to get beers and Daron Malakian was just hanging out and chatting it up.

For the music lovers.

Tickets purchased:

Will do couple of these:

Your post shows just how old and out of touch I am with current popular music. I am a stone ager. But I do have everything that Elton John ever released and some of Pearl Jam.

Backward I am.

ADVERTISEMENT