ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops v Calipari

He'd rip it off and beat him with it. Barnes's arm will be one of Calipari's greatest trophies in his office.
So would a silver backed gorilla, but despite their great strength, gorillas don't rule the world. People rule the world with their superior intellect and gorillas are relegated to zoos. This kinda explains why Barnes is ruling UK presently. 😁

Is this a UK fan discussing the future?!? 😲

We need to put your ass in protective custody. Your type are rarer than hen's teeth.
giphy.gif

Stoops has never had UK at #1 in any season at any time. Stoops has never beaten a #1 ranked team. All things Barnes has accomplished. Stoops has never beaten bama and Barnes beats UK more than he losses to them. Stoops has never won a conference title or even the east and Barnes has won the SEC. I like Stoops for what he has accomplished, but he has not accomplished at a level comparable to Barnes.
Neither has Barnes even come close to what Calipari has accomplished at UK.... Barnes is not an elite basketball coach. I'ld put him close but not quite at Tubby's level after Tubby's first 1 year.

Reactions: cdbearde
Neither has Barnes even come close to what Calipari has accomplished at UK.... Barnes is not an elite basketball coach. I'ld put him close but not quite at Tubby's level after Tubby's first 1 year.
Do you think Tubby would have his way with Cal too?
You might be right.

Barnes gets more out of his players and builds a better team chemistry than Cal.
Ehhh, I don't know if I would say that. Cal's teams have always had good chemistry and he doesn't get the credit he deserves for that. He's getting all these great players that are used to being "the man" on their HS and AAU teams and has to get them to play as a team, unselfishly every year. He's pretty damn good at making them leave their egos at the door and his teams always share the ball and seem to really enjoy playing together. That's not an easy thing to do when you have a team full of guys that were used to taking 70% of the shots on their previous team(s).

• Love
I'd prefer to keep things to today since Tubby is gone and i don't really remember him that well. I do remember him as a good coach and person, though.

"Better" is too broad a term. I think Cal is a better recruiter than Barnes, but Barnes gets more out of his players and builds a better team chemistry than Cal.
Tubby was better and it's not even close.

What's the measurements?

They're probably pretty close.
You might have missed my comment, "I prefer keeping things in the present". I'm not an errand girl. He made the claim, he should support it.

You might have missed my comment, "I prefer keeping things in the present". I'm not an errand girl. He made the claim, he should support it.
I'm only talking about Coach Smith and Coach Barnes's achievements while being in the SEC.

Calipari, UK’s AD and Stoops.

smhmftm1.jpg
UK is gonna have to replace Stoops soon. I'm sure he's tired of playing second fiddle at a basketball school and with Barnhart dragging his feet with NIL (and alcohol sales) I'm sure Stoops is even more frustrated. I suspect he'll be gone as soon as another P5 school comes calling, particularly if it's Iowa. Feretz is 67 now, he's not gonna be there forever. UK is digging their own grave on this.

UK is gonna have to replace Stoops soon. I'm sure he's tired of playing second fiddle at a basketball school and with Barnhart dragging his feet with NIL (and alcohol sales) I'm sure Stoops is even more frustrated. I suspect he'll be gone as soon as another P5 school comes calling, particularly if it's Iowa. Feretz is 67 now, he's not gonna be there forever. UK is digging their own grave on this.
They're gonna have to replace their bball coach too. Who wants to walk into this?

I have the upmost respect for strong minded individuals.

Barnes is a good dude and I'm a fan but he hasn't always been a perfect gentleman either, and he would admit that. Every one of these guys has a huge ego and their arrogance is part of what makes them great. They do what it takes to be successful and each in their own way will say and do things to promote themselves and their program.

Barnes is a good dude and I'm a fan but he hasn't always been a perfect gentleman either, and he would admit that. Every one of these guys has a huge ego and their arrogance is part of what makes them great. They do what it takes to be successful and each in their own way will say and do things to promote themselves and their program.
Though he would admit that he is one of the few that would and that makes him great. Btw, Smith should not have yelled at the Clemson player.

Though he would admit that he is one of the few that would and that makes him great. Btw, Smith should not have yelled at the Clemson player.

Probably not, but the Clemson player shouldn't have played basketball like a punk either and Barnes has basically admitted he had his players play that way on purpose and that he didn't blame Smith for having a problem with it.

Last edited:
Probably not, but the Clemson player shouldn't have played basketball like a punk either and Barnes has basically admitted he had his players play that way on purpose and that he didn't blame Smith for having a problem with it.
Like we said he agreed, but he was young and was up against it against UNC. The fact that Barnes will admit this and stated he wouldn't do it again speaks to his growth and maturity.

ADVERTISEMENT