ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops v Calipari

Kyle Tucker specifically asked him about the new facilities he envisions because Cal is currently lobbying for a new practice facility, player dorms, etc. since the Craft Center, which was built in 2007, is apparently already outdated šŸ˜‚. It isn't like Cal just randomly said UK is a basketball school and the football program can suck it. I am sure most of you haven't seen the interview to gather the context of it (posted below, Tucker asks him about facilities at 13:50 into the vid, and the "basketball school" part is at 20:30 if anyone really gives a shit). It wasn't meant to be a slight towards UK football at all, he was just trying to explain how much UK basketball means to the state and the program should have facilities that reflect that (just like Bama and UGA football). Did he come off sounding like an asshole (especially when taken out of context)? Yeah, but it's being way overblown. Tucker tweeted a small snippet of the interview that he knew would fire up a shit storm and as a journalist, that's what you want. "This is a basketball school. Alabama is a football school. So is Georgia. No disrespect to our football team. I hope they win 10 games and go to bowls. But this is a basketball school." That's all most of you saw with no context whatsoever, so immediately you're thinking daaaaaaamn, what a dick!

Also, Cal sounds like an asshole pretty often. That's a common trait of all northeasterners. šŸ˜‚

I guess....Still, IMO, there just wasn't reason to include the FB program. Especially when you are speaking about Kentucky. Everyone knows UK is a basketball school----just like everyone knows Bama and UGA are football schools. Cal could have simply said/answered---"We are UK---a basketball school/rotalty, etc, etc....and our facilites are 13+ years old, and we need an upgrade".

Its really that simple TBH.....

I think ppl, for a variety of reasons, will look to take specific statements ooc.

I think those ppl look weak.
In some cases, yeah-----THis isn't one of those. Do I think Cal purposely threw shade? No. But what he said was stupid, and there was absolute zero reason to include the FB program. My "beef" isn't with me feeling he purposley threw shade, but that he even mentioned his own FB program. No reason to do so.

Reactions: cdbearde
Like we said he agreed, but he was young and was up against it against UNC. The fact that Barnes will admit this and stated he wouldn't do it again speaks to his growth and maturity.

Right, so if Barnes was at fault for that then you have to at least understand Smith having an issue with it and taking up for his players.

Right, so if Barnes was at fault for that then you have to at least understand Smith having an issue with it and taking up for his players.
They both took up for their players.

I know Iā€™m late on this but Jesus, worst feud in feud history. Cal canā€™t get out of the way of his own mouth and Stoops got upset by a fact. It shouldnā€™t have been said but Its a true statement.

I will say this though, the last few years, Stoops has been the better coach and itā€™s not particularly close.

For me voice and flection is everything. How something is said.

"oh my gosh, I can't believe he did just did that". In an exciting "wow" voice is different than saying in in a perturbed defeated voice.

When listening to him say it. It came across different than reading the Kyle Tucker headline which Mark Stoops responded to.

Men are weak, some women even

Taking another coach's words, from your own athletic department none the less, and finding offense in them screams smol and fragile ego.
It could also mean you're a fan of a has-been program like...erh, IU, and miss conversing at the adult table. :)

For me voice and flection is everything. How something is said.

"oh my gosh, I can't believe he did just did that". In an exciting "wow" voice is different than saying in in a perturbed defeated voice.

When listening to him say it. It came across different than reading the Kyle Tucker headline which Mark Stoops responded to.
Exactly. Context.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It reads the same.

Like everything, it's up to the reader to put a spin on it.

"I want it to mean this..."
Tucker knew it would be taken out of context and create a huge ruckus, that's why he Tweeted it. It's all about the clicks. When you write/read something, rather than seeing/hearing it, you can spin it any way you want (especially without including what was said before/after that and what the reasoning for the statement was).

Well Tucker knew it would be taken out of context and create a huge ruckus, that's why he Tweeted it. It's all about the clicks.
Calipari has cut off KSR. He's been known to cut off local media here in Memphis. Tucker could be next.

The meltdown of reporters being cut off here was glorious to watch. Like watching RR posters come here to complain they've been banned.

"That's what you got out of the whole interview?". Tucker knew what he was doing.

Calipari has cut off KSR. He's been known to cut off local media here in Memphis. Tucker could be next.

The meltdown of reporters being cut off here was glorious to watch. Like watching RR posters come here to complain they've been banned.
I wouldn't give the dude any future interviews if he threw me under the bus like that for his own benefit.

Good way to get blackballed.

ufgzxrq.gif

You guys are lame. Calipari knows what's needed. Did you see the leaking roof? They had to practice on half a court.

Barnhardt would pass for a lover of Ward's lover on Leave it to Beaver.

3/4 of a million? More like multi million. He wants all new stuff, basketball museum, etc ...

It's not Cals fault. Just like it's not my fault when my wife asked how my day was and I said it was great until I saw she was making a meat loaf and she looked fat like her mother in that dress. Idk why she is upset I had a good day.

Thereā€™s a big difference in a $12k roof repair vs a 3/4 of a million dollar facility.
Is that the cost of the repair? Pretty pathetic, honestly, for a 15 year old building. They must've subbed it out to the lowest bidder like the government does.

• Love
Reactions: cdbearde
3/4 of a million? More like multi million. He wants all new stuff, basketball museum, etc ...

It's not Cals fault. Just like it's not my fault when my wife asked how my day was and I said it was great until I saw she was making a meat loaf and she looked fat like her mother in that dress. Idk why she is upset I had a good day.
I love meatloaf...

Reactions: I am stupid
Is that the cost of the repair? Pretty pathetic, honestly, for a 15 year old building. They must've subbed it out to the lowest bidder like the government does.
You absolutely got the bolded crap CORRECT. šŸ‘
And that's not my opinion it is what I see at work. Or they contract it to a person that gives kick backs, not saying so, but. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

And the worst is engineers that sit in an office and think they know how to make your job better and have no idea what you go thru every day but make changes without talking to you to see if it would be better, 90% of the time it gets worse.
And I really like some of them, but those are the ones that communicate with us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT