ADVERTISEMENT

Stand up comedy

People saying things in this fashion doesn’t make me laugh. Idk why. I don’t like standup. Something in the moment makes me laugh more than people intentionally making jokes.

Dave Chapelle's KillingThem Softly and For What It's Worth. I'm sure most people have seen those .

John Mulaney's Comeback Kid and Kid Gorgeous are two on Netflix you should watch if you've never seen them. I just recently ran across it and think he's hilarious. But, his comedy/delivery is kind of awkward. I could see people not liking it.

wow, I've never seen that before. Laughing

I'm a huge Steven Wright, George Carlin, and Rodney Dangerfield fan.

I love how he counts down how many minutes he has left on stage Laughing

“I hope you all get in ya Ford Focus’s and fvckin drive off the side of that ****got ass Ben Franklin bridge, you fvckin one-bridge-having piece of shit city that no one gives a fvck about” is the best part. I love his rant.

Dave Chapelle's KillingThem Softly and For What It's Worth. I'm sure most people have seen those .

John Mulaney's Comeback Kid and Kid Gorgeous are two on Netflix you should watch if you've never seen them. I just recently ran across it and think he's hilarious. But, his comedy/delivery is kind of awkward. I could see people not liking it.

If you like the Mulaney brand of comedy, check out Ryan Hamilton’s Happy Face on Netflix. Totally clean, and it kills.

I love how he counts down how many minutes he has left on stage Laughing

“I hope you all get in ya Ford Focus’s and fvckin drive off the side of that ****got ass Ben Franklin bridge, you fvckin one-bridge-having piece of shit city that no one gives a fvck about” is the best part. I love his rant.
You didn't like the, "I hope your mothers get herpes in the asshole and you lick it and get it on your tongues."?

I’ll be at the Bill Burr show in Vegas in September. That should be fun. I tried to go to the Comedy Store in Hollywood in March since I was staying just right across the street. I don’t know if the guy working the front was instructed to act this way or not but he was totally useless when we asked him questions.

Us - What time do you guys open?
Him - I don’t know.

Us - Do you know who will be performing tonight?
Him - I don’t know.

Us - Does the line to get in get pretty long if you show up around 9-10?
Him - I don’t know.

That was his answer for literally every question we asked. Lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Where are all the female comedians? The only one I’ve ever remotely laughed at was Whitney Cummings

Lucky sob, that would be cool as hell. I can look at either and just start laughing

It was extremely random. I was there for a bachelor party, and we headed over to Frenchmen Street for a quieter night. The first place we go was extremely packed, so we pop in next door. There's maybe 10 people in the bar. After a drink, I go to the bar to order another one and Dave Chappelle is standing next to me. A few minutes later, Chris Rock, Jeff Ross, and Eric Andre are also at the bar. All of them were really cool and having a good time. About an hour later, I see Eric Andre making out with a chick pretty hard core. Extremely sloppy. When they stop, you can see who it is. Rosario Dawson. When she wasn't making out with Eric Andre, she was hanging out with Tyra Banks. Needless to say, the bar ended up getting extremely packed.

As for why they were all there, Chris Rock said he was doing a show earlier that evening and Dave Chappelle hopped on stage with him as a surprise guest. Afterward, they wanted to go have a drink together and invited everyone else to come along.

Good list.

Great contemporaries:

Anthony Jeselnik
Daniel Sloss
Andrew Schulz
Nate Bargatze
Amy Wong

Older cats that still kill:

Joe Rogan
Joey Diaz
Dave Attell

Just to follow up with some vids,

Jeselnik is a star. Both his last stand ups "Thoughts and Prayers" and the new "Fire in the Materinity Ward" are awesome.

Schulz just did a killer web series because he couldn't let his material fly on major outlets. Watch it and you'll see why.

Sloss has two out on Netflix. "Jigsaw" might be one of the most complete stand up works I've ever seen, and he boasts that it has broken up thousands of relationships. Watch it with your significant other.

And just for the road, one of my favorite Rogan bits of all time.

Rudy Giuliani, Beto, Trump's Tariffs and golf routines

Carlin and Bill Hicks hit the top of my list. They carved the way for a lot of comedians today.

The Road Runner and Coyote....

Reactions: Dattier
Any of y’all a fan of Donnie Baker? Dude cracks me up!!!Laughing

It seems like one of the hardest things about being a comic is thinking a joke is yours when someone else used the same angle prior.

Last edited:
Sloss has two out on Netflix. "Jigsaw" might be one of the most complete stand up works I've ever seen, and he boasts that it has broken up thousands of relationships. Watch it with your significant other.
First, thanks. Never heard of him. Second, I wussed out and waited until the wife went to bed. Absolutely brilliant. There's definitely an art to perfecting a routine.

One of the favorite things about these threads is getting turned on to new stuff.

Reactions: Hank_
Stand up has always been a part of my life, I still have old albums of Redd Foxx, Pryor, Cheech & Chong that I remember listening to prior to getting the jokes. First time I heard Eddie Murphy Raw was on a cassette, I understood those jokes.

The mid-80's Rodney Dangerfield's show help introduce a lot of great talent that some might say are currently legends.

Anyone remember who Roseanne Barr stole her act from? Here's a hint, she has her own religion.

Try and have a little fun in life.

I am lol.... I thought it was funny. I saw Rudy on Fox with his dyed hair and eyebrows and the host was trying to end the interview. Rudy just kept on babbling. Funny real life stuff. The first line was all tongue in cheek..

I've never gotten into Burr or Hicks, but so many people I know swear by them. I'll keep trying, I guess.

I really loved Louis CK, but it's not the same now.

There are a lot of funny women out there, but many more in sketch comedy than in stand-up.

Mitch Hedberg, Chris Rock, John Mulvaney, Sarah Silverman, Dave Chappelle, Tig Notaro...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT