ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse Named Vandy Head Coach

I like it. Let him see if he has what it takes and if so can take over for Roy. A lot of people thought he would eventually be a pretty hot name for an NBA job so I'm surprised he went to Vandy.

Reactions: shun1
The SEC isn't what it was when Stack was in college. It's much stronger now. Good Luck to him but winning in the SEC will be difficult in Nashville!

They went 0-18 in conference play...what more could go wrong?

my experience as a TTU fan tells me it can always get worse, even when you don't think it's possible. even when teams break all time records vs your team and you think it can't get any worse there is always the next game and i've seen it get worse.

giphy.gif

The SEC isn't what it was when Stack was in college. It's much stronger now. Good Luck to him but winning in the SEC will be difficult in Nashville!
Actually., the SEC was pretty darn good then. Arkansas won a natty, and was runner-up...Florida went to a Final Four. Kentucky was Kentucky. Miss State was really good; SW 16. SO was Alabama. During his two seasons at UNC, the SEC put two teams in the Final Four(94), with Arkansas winning the title. Then in 95, Arky went back, losing to UCLA.

Actually., the SEC was pretty darn good then. Arkansas won a natty, and was runner-up...Florida went to a Final Four. Kentucky was Kentucky. Miss State was really good; SW 16. SO was Alabama. During his two seasons at UNC, the SEC put two teams in the Final Four(94), with Arkansas winning the title. Then in 95, Arky went back, losing to UCLA.
I didnt have the heart to tell him from 94-98 an SEC school was in the national championship game, plus UFs Final Four in 93. Some people....

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Stackhouse received quite a bit of praise for his work with the Toronto D-League affiliate, and IIRC he was a candidate for the Raptors opening last year. This could turn out to be a very good hire if he can manage to navigate recruiting. This is a win for Vanderbilt.

Reactions: shun1
Who is the best out of the K coaching tree? Also if anything you would say Stack is from the Dean tree since he played for Dean and never for Roy.
Well, Brey has been pretty good. Dawkins, now that he is not restricted by the Stanford academics is pretty good. Wojo and Colllins and Capel all have high profile jobs with success and now Wojo might go to VT

Now your turn.

my experience as a TTU fan tells me it can always get worse, even when you don't think it's possible. even when teams break all time records vs your team and you think it can't get any worse there is always the next game and i've seen it get worse.

As a DePaul fan since 1980 I too can attest that it can always get worse.

Well, Brey has been pretty good. Dawkins, now that he is not restricted by the Stanford academics is pretty good. Wojo and Colllins and Capel all have high profile jobs with success and now Wojo might go to VT

Now your turn.
So Brey is the only one to show he can hang onto a job for a long period of time. I would say from Roy's tree it's Turgeon who is comparable as a coach at the college level as Brey. The Dean tree is obviously superior because his tree produced Roy.

Well this should be interesting

Though when you go 0-18 what the hell do you ha e to lose

So Brey is the only one to show he can hang onto a job for a long period of time. I would say from Roy's tree it's Turgeon who is comparable as a coach at the college level as Brey. The Dean tree is obviously superior because his tree produced Roy.

Larry Brown and George Karl were pretty good too.

Wojo and Collins are in same jobs.

Wojo and Collins are in same jobs.
Yea they are both in that limbo stage of their first gigs. Some success but inconsistency aplenty. 97-69 overall , 43-47 in conference and 0-2 in NCAA tourney for Wojo in 5 seasons. Collins 101-96 over all , 40-70 in conference , and 1 tourney bid in 6 years. One more down trending year for each of em and they could get canned.

ADVERTISEMENT