ADVERTISEMENT

Something we can all agree on

Always the Atlantic. Unfortunately I’ve never been out west. I’m dying to go, though.
Love both for different reasons. The few times I’ve been to Miami or Ft lauderdale were awesome. If and when you do decide to go out west to a beach, I highly suggest Venice, Manhattan, or Huntington Beach for LA, in SF, ocean beach is okay, I prefer driving down to Santa Cruz or if Ive got a weekend off I’ll drive to Big Sur. It’s pretty incredible.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Love both for different reasons. The few times I’ve been to Miami or Ft lauderdale were awesome. If and when you do decide to go out west to a beach, I highly suggest Venice, Manhattan, or Huntington Beach for LA, in SF, ocean beach is okay, I prefer driving down to Santa Cruz or if Ive got a weekend off I’ll drive to Big Sur. It’s pretty incredible.
All I know is if I’m ever out in Cali the weed is on you my friend SmokinSmile

There’s bonfires on beaches in northern and Southern California,

09-06-2017-calfire-fire-map-california-1.jpg

Reactions: I am stupid
Ocean definitely better than lakes. I grew up inland and have no problem swimming in lakes. But the beaches at the ocean as a whole are way better. Salt water makes the difference.

No waves here like in cali, but the waves today were 6-7 ft and supposed to be around 9 ft tomorrow because of a tropical storm sitting off the coast.

But this is what a normal day at Wrightsville Beach looks like.

20180701_130511_zpsg8f2cxjh.jpg

Crystal clear water, sand instead of mud and the water temperature is 87 degrees right now. No ticks, chiggers or mosquitos either.

But, to each their own.

I’m going to be honest, I don’t feel like I can go back and reread so can somebody fill me in on why water moccasins were brought up

Schooner said that it all depends on the lakes and the oceans. He said he'd rather spend time on the lakes that I post than in the Texas gulf but would rather go to Hawaii beaches than southern lakes that have water moccasins.

I said that I'd hate lakes up here if they had poisonous snakes or alligators. There isn't anything remotely dangerous in lakes in Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota.

Reactions: WojoRising
Ocean definitely better than lakes. I grew up inland and have no problem swimming in lakes. But the beaches at the ocean as a whole are way better. Salt water makes the difference.

No waves here like in cali, but the waves today were 6-7 ft and supposed to be around 9 ft tomorrow because of a tropical storm sitting off the coast.

But this is what a normal day at Wrightsville Beach looks like.

20180701_130511_zpsg8f2cxjh.jpg

Crystal clear water, sand instead of mud and the water temperature is 87 degrees right now. No ticks, chiggers or mosquitos either.

But, to each their own.

If we are talking about what's prettier, there are plenty of comparable lakes.

PicturedRocks_NathanBillerSTE.jpg

But here are some things that make lakes awesome:

3gOG.gif

PontoonBoatParty_PagePhoto(1).jpg

eqSSdBtS7uwiDv2c5gkvPYlmu0f1qO4Vq7eD6o8L.jpeg

2KsZCoF.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

There is simply more to do on lakes because of smaller waves.

Schooner said that it all depends on the lakes and the oceans. He said he'd rather spend time on the lakes that I post than in the Texas gulf but would rather go to Hawaii beaches than southern lakes that have water moccasins.

I said that I'd hate lakes up here if they had poisonous snakes or alligators. There isn't anything remotely dangerous in lakes in Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota.

the worst thing you got are Musky and Pike, thankfully they very very very rarely ever bite people

If we are talking about what's prettier, there are plenty of comparable lakes.

PicturedRocks_NathanBillerSTE.jpg

But here are some things that make lakes awesome:

3gOG.gif

PontoonBoatParty_PagePhoto(1).jpg

eqSSdBtS7uwiDv2c5gkvPYlmu0f1qO4Vq7eD6o8L.jpeg

2KsZCoF.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

There is simply more to do on lakes because of smaller waves.
I have to admit that I never did enjoy the party coves. I’ve been to my fair share. Always felt trapped (didn’t own a boat) and the guy to girl ratio is like 3 to 1. Plus people tend to get angry and short tempered when they’re drinking out in the sunlight. Brings out the worst kind of behavior in a party environment.

I have to admit that I never did enjoy the party coves. I’ve been to my fair share. Always felt trapped (didn’t own a boat) and the guy to girl ratio is like 3 to 1. Plus people tend to get angry and short tempered when they’re drinking out in the sunlight. Brings out the worst kind of behavior in a party environment.

Never been to one. Just thought the picture looked cooler to what I personally prefer (which is a pontoon and beer with a handful of friends).

Reactions: schoonerwest
I think this is as good as thread as any. The wife and I were just debating on if a mullet can be beautiful. I say yes, she's a hard no.Watching last nights UFC fight and Michael Chisia is rocking one. I think it looks bad ass.

@schoonerwest what company do you work for? My good friend goes to Texas 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Liberty Oilfield Services.
I’m an independent contractor so I’m not with any actual company. I work for a broker who gets projects from a lot of different companies and people. He’s a 3rd generation Midland oil guy that knows a lot of people out here so we’re always busy. I also try and do stuff for myself. It’s a tough hustle but it can be pretty pretty nice when it actually works out.

Your friend moving out to West Texas? Doing rig work?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m an independent contractor so I’m not with any actual company. I work for a broker who gets projects from a lot of different companies and people. He’s a 3rd generation Midland oil guy that knows a lot of people out here so we’re always busy. I also try and do stuff for myself. It’s a tough hustle but it can be pretty pretty nice when it actually works out.

Your friend moving out to West Texas? Doing rig work?

No he’s not gonna move there. He was in the Dakota’s during that rush 5 years ago and when that died down went to Texas. But since it’s 2 on 2 off he is able to come back home to his family every other couple days. He is making big bucks doing it and paying very little for housing. I think his mortgage back in my hometown is $500 a month for a 3 bedroom house and big yard. He probably pays for his mortgage in a day of work.

After spending the past week in South Lake Tahoe...give me that particular body of water over any other in this country.

Reactions: toonces11
No he’s not gonna move there. He was in the Dakota’s during that rush 5 years ago and when that died down went to Texas. But since it’s 2 on 2 off he is able to come back home to his family every other couple days. He is making big bucks doing it and paying very little for housing. I think his mortgage back in my hometown is $500 a month for a 3 bedroom house and big yard. He probably pays for his mortgage in a day of work.
Smart move. A lot of those guys who work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedules don’t live in the area. If he were to relocate in the Midland-Odessa area he’d be looking at 3x that for a monthly mortgage.

Do you know where in Texas? There’s actually several plays in the state. The Permian is the biggest one but nearly every part of the state has production somewhere close by.

Actually just looked them up. Looks like they have a field office in Odessa. If he’s coming here then he’s probably going to the Delaware Basin which is about 75 miles west of there. It’s in the running for ugliest place in America, lol.

This makes a lot more sense

Smart move. A lot of those guys who work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedules don’t live in the area. If he were to relocate in the Midland-Odessa area he’d be looking at 3x that for a monthly mortgage.

Do you know where in Texas? There’s actually several plays in the state. The Permian is the biggest one but nearly every part of the state has production somewhere close by.

Actually just looked them up. Looks like they have a field office in Odessa. If he’s coming here then he’s probably going to the Delaware Basin which is about 75 miles west of there. It’s in the running for ugliest place in America, lol.

Odessa

image1.jpg

Reactions: schoonerwest
The testicle hitches are alive and well in KS. They are almost exclusively found on overly lifted trucks and some oversized rear window decal of cabelas, ducks unlimited, the make of their vehicle or something called mossy oaks. They are the few, the proud, the dolts that can’t stop saying git er done

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT