ADVERTISEMENT

So the PAC 12 was severely underrated.

Big 10, no notable OOC wins and beat up each other in Conference makes them the best conference.

PAC 12, has better OOC wins (But not a lot) and beat up on each other in Conference makes them the worst conference.

1) Whether it's trashing the Big Ten, propping up the Pac-12 or anything else ... why don't we wait until about the Sweet Sixteen to be making these bold claims? Haha.

2) It does appear, however, that the Pac-12 was a bit underrated. When the bottom of your conference is such a joke, the top teams tend to pay the price when it comes to national perception

3) I literally haven't seen someone quote RPI in like five years, lol. Everyone just talks about NET or KenPom, and ESPN tries desperately to pretend that the BPI is worth a shit or recognized by anyone other than some blowhards in their studios.

Correct. All the teams I’ve seen so far have been long as well. Like I said before the seeding in this tournament was complete shit.

Severely underrated for beating a few unranked teams? Yeah...might want to hold off for another few days.

1) Whether it's trashing the Big Ten, propping up the Pac-12 or anything else ... why don't we wait until about the Sweet Sixteen to be making these bold claims? Haha.

2) It does appear, however, that the Pac-12 was a bit underrated. When the bottom of your conference is such a joke, the top teams tend to pay the price when it comes to national perception

3) I literally haven't seen someone quote RPI in like five years, lol. Everyone just talks about NET or KenPom, and ESPN tries desperately to pretend that the BPI is worth a shit or recognized by anyone other than some blowhards in their studios.
I do agree, but I tire of the system. In truth I think it works against them. While the SEC, Pac 12, and mid majors are clawing just to get in, the pressure is off most of the year for teams like Purdue. No matter how many they lose it never seems to matter much to the RPI.

If they want to fix it we should seed the majors evenly throughout and scatter lower conference winners, and mid majors out by a committee. Quit basing the system off the few elite schools that only play each other or regional games. Give the majors a fairly even amount of bids and rank them strictly by conference record. It would encourage tournaments, OOC play, scheduling mid majors, and it wouldn’t destroy a teams credibility just because they can’t get decent home and homes with anyone.

Reactions: asindc
I guess the PAC is a basketball conference now, at least they finally have an identity

Pac-12 deserves credits where its due. ACC already looked dead, Big 10 and Big 12 also falling apart in the round of 32 thus far, and yet this conference is undefeated. We may even see 2 of these teams in the final 4.
👏

ADVERTISEMENT