ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Rittenhouse responded to LBJ tweet: Fk you Lebron

He's not weird, he's just smarter than everyone else. He went to Duke, you know. If he says the Earth is flat, the Earth is flat.
Set for life! 😂 I almost forgot he went to Duke, being that I literally only saw him play in a handful of games.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I don't think he has the same case as Sandmann did. They flat out lied about him I think. I think most of what revolved around Rittenhouse was opinion rather than flat out intentional misinformation. Maybe though. I didn't follow what much of what they said.

KR is gonna get some $ for sure. I'd imagine interviews he can get some loot (get it, loot!). Book deals. That could be a goldmine. Documentaries? He's already received a ton of $ for legal fees who knows if there's leftovers. Probably?

He might face a civil trial, which could get hairy? But he'll get donations for legal fees for that too. I remember OJ lost a hefty civil trial but somehow seemed to get away without paying it, like maybe he paid a fraction of it? So even if KR gets sued in a civil trial it may not matter?

Not sure how lawsuits he files for defamation will go for him. Where's the stoner lawyer, @WeAreDePaul that dude has the answers. Put the bong down dawg get ITT.

I don't think he has the same case as Sandmann did. They flat out lied about him I think. I think most of what revolved around Rittenhouse was opinion rather than flat out intentional misinformation. Maybe though. I didn't follow what much of what they said.
It was a lot of the same with Rittenhouse. He did an interview with Tucker Carlson and Tucker asked him specifically about it. Kyle was hesitant to talk about it, but acknowledged his lawyers are on it.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I watch local news but not much else. I did for the first time turn to that new news channel that is supposed to be totally unbiased a couple of nights ago.

I watch local news but not much else. I did for the first time turn to that new news channel that is supposed to be totally unbiased a couple of nights ago.
Yeah I do watch the local for weather. Maybe a feel good story on an amputee.

Calling him a white supremacist is a lie. Saying he murdered people after he was acquitted is a lie.

Calling him a white supremacist is a lie. Saying he murdered people after he was acquitted is a lie.

To me, the white supremacist angle would be the route to go maybe. I don't think the semantics of saying he murdered versus killed versus defended himself while ending someone's life would be very successful though. However, my guess is if he does decide to sue (and he will have plenty of opportunities to get paid without that) he will get a settlement from someone anyway. I think he has to show that a statement made was put out there as fact and not opinion but it's been some years since I took the few law classes I did though. It would be on him to show where it has impacted his life negatively I think, though that part shouldn't be too hard.

To me, the white supremacist angle would be the route to go maybe.
Don't they have a picture of him posing with the Proud Boys using White Power hand signs in the picture?

Was that just jokes? That's probably something he'd have to explain, could he effectively clear that one up? I honestly don't know how you can walk that back.

Ok, he blames his lawyers that he fired. Claims he didn't know who they were. That's fine. Thought they were construction workers. Not sure that's all that believable really. Nobody seems to know who the Proud Boys are. I guess. Maybe they don't. I don't. Somebody I work with could be a Proud Boy I reckon.

To me, the white supremacist angle would be the route to go maybe. I don't think the semantics of saying he murdered versus killed versus defended himself while ending someone's life would be very successful though. However, my guess is if he does decide to sue (and he will have plenty of opportunities to get paid without that) he will get a settlement from someone anyway. I think he has to show that a statement made was put out there as fact and not opinion but it's been some years since I took the few law classes I did though. It would be on him to show where it has impacted his life negatively I think, though that part shouldn't be too hard.

You don’t see how news stations calling someone a murderer after they were acquitted of murder would be defamation? What?

And yes there will be settlements because the businesses/people getting sued don’t want it to get to discovery.

Rittenhouse is going to be worth millions very soon.

Its an okay sign. Not a white power sign. Biden uses it, Obama used it, its a common hand sign.
For sure not up to speed with the white supremacy stuff. Or hand signs in general.

Do Obama and Biden have pictures with the Proud Boys? If Biden and Obama have photos with the Proud Boys doing that sort of thing that would be interesting.

lol @ anyone triggered by the okay hand sign. FOH
I don't think anyone around here is triggered. There is a different opinion or understanding of the meaning on the hand gestures, but maybe you are putting that trigger concept on the world in general. Ipartiedwithhopgood gets triggered when the liquor store closes, shit like that. Hop ain't up on the hand signs these days nope the middle finger and raise the roof are the only non verbals I am really down with.

Maybe somebody ITT has photos with the Proud Boys using the hand sign okay can weigh in.

The man has a right to an opinion though. He made a few tweets, and people got triggered. I don’t personally care about athletes personal lives tbh. I like basketball for what it is, and don’t pay much attention to the outside shit.
Of course he has a right to his opinion. It's just that his opinion is incredibly stupid most of the time.

Its an okay sign. Not a white power sign. Biden uses it, Obama used it, its a common hand sign.

Fixed it for you.
Yeah, not really sure how the Okay sign got turned into a white power sign. My guess is that since Trump used it, they tried to make some BS reason as to that being proof he was a white supremacist.

I don't think anyone around here is triggered. There is a different opinion or understanding of the meaning on the hand gestures, but maybe you are putting that trigger concept on the world in general. Ipartiedwithhopgood gets triggered when the liquor store closes, shit like that. Hop ain't up on the hand signs these days nope the middle finger and raise the roof are the only non verbals I am really down with.

Maybe somebody ITT has photos with the Proud Boys using the hand sign okay can weigh in.
Wasn't necessarily calling you out, there's been people that complain about it before. It clearly means okay, anyone who says its some white supremacist thing is a loser looking to pick a fight.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Yeah, not really sure how the Okay sign got turned into a white power sign. My guess is that since Trump used it, they tried to make some BS reason as to that being proof he was a white supremacist.

I honestly haven't followed this type of sh!t. I don't know the secret knocks or anything.

It's perception, maybe context. I did bring it up, because I had heard it was part of the bigot groups but not something I looked at much..it's kind of a footnote to this topic really.

The talk was KR suing. I think I agree with most he's gonna score some $. The accusation of him being a WS is strong talk for sure, just remembered his photo OP with the Proud Boys. Clearly a lot of people out to exploit him.

Wasn't necessarily calling you out, there's been people that complain about it before. It clearly means okay, anyone who says its some white supremacist thing is a loser looking to pick a fight.
We cool. I honestly not up to speed on a lot of stuff. For real. When the wife turns the news on I'm seriously out the room man. It's her way of getting me to do the dishes.

I did keep eye on COVID, mainly because I am around a lot of seniors on weekends. Follow some stuff twitter is a gold mine for news for better or worse. Prefer the sports but had a few days off here bored!

It's a little racist.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Of course he has a right to his opinion. It's just that his opinion is incredibly stupid most of the time.
That’s what most people through about Trumpy dumps dumb ass as well. People perceive opinions differently.

You don’t see how news stations calling someone a murderer after they were acquitted of murder would be defamation? What?

And yes there will be settlements because the businesses/people getting sued don’t want it to get to discovery.

Rittenhouse is going to be worth millions very soon.

I think if you opine that he murdered someone while discussing the nuances of the case it would hard to win just on that. If that is the case OJ could sue the entire country.

If he doesn't already have plans in place to be worth millions he hasn't hired the right manager.

I think if you opine that he murdered someone while discussing the nuances of the case it would hard to win just on that. If that is the case OJ could sue the entire country.

If he doesn't already have plans in place to be worth millions he hasn't hired the right manager.

He will make millions. OJ is a different scenario. I’ve seen it explained by a handful of different lawyers. You’re a few weeks behind on this.

He will make millions. OJ is a different scenario. I’ve seen it explained by a handful of different lawyers. You’re a few weeks behind on this.

Sure, we’ll see. If I’m wrong then good for him and you can bring it back up when it happens. We all know you will have it saved just in case.

• Haha
Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT