6 week ban on recruiting communications
no official late night visits for 2022

no off campus recruiting for 4 months
reduction of official visits in 23/24
reduction of scholarships (3) over 3 years
6 week ban on recruiting communications
no official late night visits for 2022
for?

nvm. Got it. This isn't bad. So this is all Self imposed. They can add more right?

for?

nvm. Got it. This isn't bad.

The University of Kansas informed the NCAA’s IRP (Independent Resolution Panel) last week that it was self-imposing several sanctions in response to its ongoing basketball case, which originated in 2017. The sanctions include:

• Four-game suspension for Head Coach Bill Self and Assistant Coach Kurtis Townsend to be served during the first four regular season games of the 2022-23 season.
  • The absence of Self and Townsend from all off-campus recruiting-related activities for four months (April through July 2022).
  • The reduction of four official visits during this academic year and in 2023-24.
  • The reduction of three total scholarships in Men’s Basketball; to be distributed over the next three years.
  • The implementation of a six-week ban on recruiting communications, a six-week ban on unofficial visits and a thirteen-day reduction in the number of permissible recruiting days during the 2022-23 calendar year.
  • No official visits for 2022 Late Night in the Phog.
“Throughout this process, we have had ongoing conversations with all the involved parties,” said Chancellor Douglas A. Girod. “We believe the actions we are announcing today move us closer to resolving this matter. We look forward to commenting further when this process is fully resolved. Until then, I want to reiterate our unwavering support of Coach Self and our Men’s Basketball program.”

“We are hopeful these difficult self-imposed sanctions will assist in bringing the case to a conclusion,” KU Director of Athletics Travis Goff said. “Until then, we will continue to focus on supporting our outstanding Men’s Basketball student-athletes and coaches. Assistant Coach Norm Roberts will serve as interim head coach during the first four games. Per confidentiality guidelines related to infraction cases, we are unable to comment in depth until there is full resolution of this matter.”

“Coach Townsend and I accept and support KU’s decision to self-impose these sanctions,” Self said. “We are in good hands with Coach Roberts, and I am confident that he will do a great job on the bench leading our team. I am proud of the way our guys have handled this situation and I look forward to returning to the bench for our game against NC State.”

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So blatant cheating over years equals a 4 game suspension. Unintentionally breaking a rule one time and then paying back the amount received as soon as you realize it’s against the rules, equals a 16 game suspension (Baba Miller).

Real consistent, NCAA.

Got that natty though so worth it for Kansas. The ncaa is irrelevant. This board just needs to realize it. Anyone bringing up cheating or ncaa issues going forward as a talking point needs laughed off the board. College sports effectively have no rules around recruiting now. Just embrace it

would be pretty funny if they we-imposed (calling it that instead of saying Self self-imposed which is like saying you read the USA Today today) removal of the banners.

Yeah...I'll bet it's coming any minute now. They probably just forgot to announce it!

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Kansas fans one year ago... "We ain't do nuffin..."

Nah, it was "we ain't do nuffin that Kentucky hasn't been doing for decades."

Also, we simply asked for proof of Self and staff's involvement in payments. Since you need indisputable proof that A$hton, Bam etc rec'd dough, it only seems fair that we should expect the same.

Also, we simply asked for proof of Self and staff's involvement in payments. Since you need indisputable proof that A$hton, Bam etc rec'd dough, it only seems fair that we should expect the same.
Both Kansas and Kentucky should both own paying players. Everyone that wins has done it for quite awhile. Anyone denying it is delusional

Got that natty though so worth it for Kansas. The ncaa is irrelevant. This board just needs to realize it. Anyone bringing up cheating or ncaa issues going forward as a talking point needs laughed off the board. College sports effectively have no rules around recruiting now. Just embrace it
lol didn't you spend like 2 years on here railing against schools that cheat?

That said, I agree with your sentiment. No one cares about cheating anymore.

Yea but you dumb sumbitches got caught. On tape. We ain't been caught since the 80s

Self-imposed. This isn't their punishment.

Based on Auburn getting nothing extra after self-imposing a postseason ban and then the rulings recently for Memphis from IARP I wouldn’t be surprised if much of anything is added onto this by IARP. Most likely part of an agreement behind closed doors. Doubtful KU would be doing this unless there was some type of agreement in place.

Kentucky fans certainly do. Which is like Al Capone caring about breaking the law. 😂

Yea but you dumb sumbitches got caught. On tape. We ain't been caught since the 80s
All this time and you guys still apparently struggle with the definition of “proof.”

Self saying “we good?” to an Adidas rep and Townsend talking about the demands of a player who didn’t even commit to KU is not proof that KU was involved in payments. Just like Ca$hton flashing benjamins all over social media isn’t “proof” that he was paid.

The other fact that you always leave out is that a federal judge ruled that KU were defrauded by Adidas, and they were ordered to pay restitutions.

I don’t have my head buried like you clowns, but facts are facts.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Both Kansas and Kentucky should both own paying players. Everyone that wins has done it for quite awhile. Anyone denying it is delusional

I know a former AAU coach. I know for a fact how prevalent it is. Which is backed up by the wiretaps of Gassnola, Code etc (which specifically point the finger at Kentucky and others, btw).

I’ve never been in denial. That said, that doesn’t mean that Self is out there cutting checks. He just likely knows that Adidas is bending the rules.

My point has been that if you’re going to hide behind a need for “proof,” then apply that standard consistently. There is no proof that Self had knowledge of payments. Even Mike Brey said that Self’s interaction with Gassnola was nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
a federal judge ruled that KU were defrauded by Adidas, and they were ordered to pay restitutions.

I don’t have my head buried like you clowns, but facts are facts.
la-dee-da.gif

• Haha

Also, we simply asked for proof of Self and staff's involvement in payments. Since you need indisputable proof that A$hton, Bam etc rec'd dough,

Just like Ca$hton flashing benjamins all over social media isn’t “proof” that he was paid.

The other fact that you always leave out is that a federal judge ruled that KU were defrauded by Adidas, and they were ordered to pay restitutions.
ace-ventura-obsess-much.gif

• Haha
Amazing UK still gets brought up in all this. KU already leads the nation in Major Infractions, per NCAA, this will pad their stats.
Adolph Rupp and Johns wooden are The Godfathers of bending ncaa rules. Kentucky will always be brought up for this sole fact

Reactions: ExitFlagger

When have I railed against schools that cheat? My point was been the same for multiple years on here? Everyone that has won anything of note in the last 30-40 years has cheated at some point

When have I railed against schools that cheat? My point was been the same for multiple years on here? Everyone that has won anything of note in the last 30-40 years has cheated at some point
fair enough, I had you confused with some other SEC nut who's always blasting Kentucky and LSU for cheating.

Reactions: cdbearde
So blatant cheating over years equals a 4 game suspension. Unintentionally breaking a rule one time and then paying back the amount received as soon as you realize it’s against the rules, equals a 16 game suspension (Baba Miller).

Real consistent, NCAA.
Those were just self-imposed penalties by Kansas, obviously hoping to avoid more series sanctions (otherwise why admit your guilt by self-imposing?). The case has yet to be resolved, but the NCAA has nothing to do with it anymore anyway. It's in the hands of the Independent Accountability Resolutions Process (not affiliated with NCAA), which Kansas requested. Their decision will be final, no appeals. Louisville will probably be the main punching bag though, since they were already on probation when they got busted again, so that might benefit Kansas and others. Apparently the Louisville case has been decided and details will be made public tomorrow.

The University of Kansas informed the NCAA’s IRP (Independent Resolution Panel) last week that it was self-imposing several sanctions in response to its ongoing basketball case, which originated in 2017. The sanctions include:

• Four-game suspension for Head Coach Bill Self and Assistant Coach Kurtis Townsend to be served during the first four regular season games of the 2022-23 season.
  • The absence of Self and Townsend from all off-campus recruiting-related activities for four months (April through July 2022).
  • The reduction of four official visits during this academic year and in 2023-24.
  • The reduction of three total scholarships in Men’s Basketball; to be distributed over the next three years.
  • The implementation of a six-week ban on recruiting communications, a six-week ban on unofficial visits and a thirteen-day reduction in the number of permissible recruiting days during the 2022-23 calendar year.
  • No official visits for 2022 Late Night in the Phog.
“Throughout this process, we have had ongoing conversations with all the involved parties,” said Chancellor Douglas A. Girod. “We believe the actions we are announcing today move us closer to resolving this matter. We look forward to commenting further when this process is fully resolved. Until then, I want to reiterate our unwavering support of Coach Self and our Men’s Basketball program.”

“We are hopeful these difficult self-imposed sanctions will assist in bringing the case to a conclusion,” KU Director of Athletics Travis Goff said. “Until then, we will continue to focus on supporting our outstanding Men’s Basketball student-athletes and coaches. Assistant Coach Norm Roberts will serve as interim head coach during the first four games. Per confidentiality guidelines related to infraction cases, we are unable to comment in depth until there is full resolution of this matter.”

“Coach Townsend and I accept and support KU’s decision to self-impose these sanctions,” Self said. “We are in good hands with Coach Roberts, and I am confident that he will do a great job on the bench leading our team. I am proud of the way our guys have handled this situation and I look forward to returning to the bench for our game against NC State.”
Admission of guilt.......
NCAA now needs to finish this case off with a kill shot.

Those were just self-imposed penalties by Kansas, obviously hoping to avoid more series sanctions (otherwise why admit your guilt by self-imposing?). The case has yet to be resolved, but the NCAA has nothing to do with it anymore anyway. It's in the hands of the Independent Accountability Resolutions Process (not affiliated with NCAA), which Kansas requested. Their decision will be final, no appeals. Louisville will probably be the main punching bag though, since they were already on probation when they got busted again, so that might benefit Kansas and others. Apparently the Louisville case has been decided and details will be made public tomorrow.
KU was much worse than Louisville. Damn, that is saying alot.😔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT