ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday in 8wks: Who are your 1 seeds?

Jumper100

Mar 12, 2017
I hereby grant you full authority to select the four 1 seeds in this year's march madness bracket, two months in advance. Who are they? (Feel free to also explain your reasoning)

For me it's Michigan St, Nova, Duke & Oklahoma

UK and 3 others, as long as the refs don’t exercise their shenanigans on us the rest of the season.

Just kidding, had to do it.

I hereby grant you full authority to select the four 1 seeds in this year's march madness bracket, two months in advance. Who are they? (Feel free to also explain your reasoning)

Explain your Michigan State pick for me

Who knows at this point. Villanova is probably the only safe bet. The ACC champion will probably be one of them and unless the Big 12 has a 3-way tie with all having 5-6 losses you’ll probably see one of the other #1 seeds given to them.

I’ll go with Villanova, Duke, West Virginia and Purdue for now.

West Virginia
Duke
Villanova
Michigan State

There's a highly likely chance Purdue is a #1 over MSU at this point, but I'm keeping the faith for now

Villanova
Purdue
Virginia
Duke

Villanova, Duke and Purdue all have a good shot, with the 4th completely up for grabs.

I don’t know, but it’s going to be nuts this year. Those 1-8 and 2-7 games will be crazy.

Reactions: rockycard
I love my UNC TAR HEELS

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

If the season ended right now, it would be certainly be

Villanova
Purdue
Virginia
West Virginia or Oklahoma

I think the big 12 has so many great teams they could end up with 2 when its all said abd done.

West Virginia still plays a marquee OOC game against Kentucky as well.

Given the number of down teams in the Big Ten, I think Purdue will need to go 17-1 in conference games (or maybe 16-2 with a BTT win) to get a number #1 seed. The Boilers are positioned well, though.

In order at the moment:
Nova
UVA
Purdue
Duke

I want to put a Big 12 team in because, top to bottom, the Big 12 is a great conference, but I currently see WVU, Texas Tech, Kansas, and Oklahoma all on the 2 or 3 lines, each with a good shot at moving up to a #1.

There's a highly likely chance Purdue is a #1 over MSU at this point, but I'm keeping the faith for now
Assuming MSU gets back on track as expected and Purdue continues to take care of business, the two data points I think could determine who's a one seed versue a two seed will be the winner on February 10th and how MSU's win over UNC compares to Purdue's win over Arizona at season's end.

Geographically, I'd almost rather be a 2-seed in Omaha than the 1-seed in LA.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Regarding some of the MSU talk, we would have to nearly win out in the regular season. Could afford 1 more loss but it has to be on the road and to a tournament team.

Then we’d have to at least make the Big Ten tournament championship game.

The Big Ten is too weak this year and we have seen MSU go through a really bad week. So something has to give or else no #1 seed. But I think what I’ve said is fairly obvious.

ACC chanp
Big 12 Champ
Big 10 Champ
Big East Champ

Duke
MSU
KU
Nova

ADVERTISEMENT