ADVERTISEMENT

SEC refs ruin basketball in this conference...

fleckabelly

Dec 16, 2009
Arkansas playing Miss State. Leading every statistical category except one. FRee throws 33-10 right now. So pathetic. Arkansas is shooting more shots and is shooting 53% to MSU's 40%.

I mean yeah. Home court advantage has been absurd in the league for years now.

Arkansas is more prone to wild swings than most because they're known for playing physical. If Anderson would stop teaching thug ball maybe you guys would win a few more of these and actually have a chance at making some noise in March

Spoiler alert: That's not an sec thing. That's an everywhere thing.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I mean yeah. Home court advantage has been absurd in the league for years now.

Arkansas is more prone to wild swings than most because they're known for playing physical. If Anderson would stop teaching thug ball maybe you guys would win a few more of these and actually have a chance at making some noise in March
This. Arkansas is very aggressive and physical. Fans don't see that. Different styles lead to these types of advantages.

Had a game the other night where one team(Team A) pressed, trapped and played an aggressive man to man, jump and run type of defense. Not to mention they were not disciplined in this. Other team(Team B) was totally the opposite. Though they did play some man to man, they mostly played a match-up zone. Very disciplined and fundamentally solid. Close to the half, head coach of Team "A" makes the comment, "This foul differential is crazy. I mean they've been in the double bonus for most of the 2nd quarter. Yet we've barely shot a free throw". So I asked---"Why do you think that is"? He had no answer....But he knew what i was getting at.

Style of play dictates free throw/foul counts more than some fans would like to admit.

Reactions: catsfan3523
48-12 free throw discrepancy for Miss State. Disgusting. No way a team can over come 28 additional free shots at the basket.

48-12 free throw discrepancy for Miss State. Disgusting. No way a team can over come 28 additional free shots at the basket. Something has to be done about these refs. They are absolutely determining the outcome of games in favor of the home teams.

I understand it seems horrible and it may have been, as I didn't watch the game. However, if your team didn't turn over the ball 13 times, have it blocked 8 times, have the ball stole 8 times and hit over 50% of your FT's you probably would have won.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
48-12 free throw discrepancy for Miss State. Disgusting. No way a team can over come 28 additional free shots at the basket.
Actually, its 26. But it's Arkansas, so I understand.Laughing

Arky fouls a lot. They are aggressive. Undisciplined. They play wide open, helter-skelter, physical, run and jump, bump and grab, undisciplined defense.

They foul a lot. It;s a product of your style.

A&M had the 3rd best 3pt defense by percentage in the country going into that game as well
Doesn't A&M have some suspensions going on?

BTW, Jason WIlliams on ESPN called this one. He was laughed at.

Arky fouls a lot. They are aggressive. Undisciplined. They play wide open, helter-skelter, physical, run and jump, bump and grab, undisciplined defense.

48-12 would make it 36.

Mathematics aside, I completely agree with you. Your description of their style is spot on. I'd be more surprised if they shot the same amount of free throws.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Name some specific bad calls or no calls because we cant go by just the stats itself. What if Ark was just fouling that much??? should the refs not call the fouls because it would uneven the fouls and ft stats for the two teams?

They were mostly anticipation fouls and if you'd have watched the game you would've thought differently. I am convinced you're a closet UK fan the way you kiss all of their asses.

Some of you are insane. For one, the free throws were 40 to 12. That's fvcking pathetic. That's 28 more and nearly 4 x's as much.

However, if it truly were Arkansas' style of play then it would stand to reason that Arkansas would at least win the turnover battle and have more steals, right? You'd have to assume with all the fouls that there were a lot more attempts to steal and block shots from Arkansas and that the Arkansas players would at least get it right sometimes, right?

Arkansas' aggressive defense led to a grand total 3 steals and 3 blocks with 26 fouls, while Mississippi State had 8 steals and 8 blocks with only 11 fouls called on MSU in the whole game. Arkansas' attempts to create a turnover resulted in a foul called 82% of the time while Mississippi State's resulted in a foul 41% of the time.

Unless you're a mindless idiot that just thinks Mississippi State was incredibly percise at making steals and blocks, you would have to surmise the officiating is far from equal.

Some of you are insane. For one, the free throws were 40 to 12. That's fvcking pathetic. That's 28 more and nearly 4 x's as much.

However, if it truly were Arkansas' style of play then it would stand to reason that Arkansas would at least win the turnover battle and have more steals, right? You'd have to assume with all the fouls that there were a lot more attempts to steal and block shots from Arkansas and that the Arkansas players would at least get it right sometimes, right?

Arkansas' aggressive defense led to a grand total 3 steals and 3 blocks with 26 fouls, while Mississippi State had 8 steals and 8 blocks with only 11 fouls called on MSU in the whole game. Arkansas' attempts to create a turnover resulted in a foul called 82% of the time while Mississippi State's resulted in a foul 41% of the time.

Unless you're a mindless idiot that just thinks Mississippi State was incredibly percise at making steals and blocks, you would have to surmise the officiating is far from equal.

You're talking to UK fans. They have a thread on the refs every game. Even their home games. They are the only ones that can use the refs as an excuse.

You're talking to UK fans. They have a thread on the refs every game. Even their home games. They are the only ones that can use the refs as an excuse.

Man, UK really lives in your head. I guess that's fair, considering Arkansas has been UK's bitch for most of the last 25 years.

Yawn. Another UK genius. Lol.

You're about the lamest one yet.

So do you think there were a lot of phantom fouls on you or were the refs ignoring a lot of fouls on MSU? Were there some really egregious calls??? Most of us didnt watch the game and several of us are intelligent enough to know fouls and ft numbers shouldnt be evened out just so the game looks fair on paper.

The nation was with you last year against UNC because we saw the absolute BS the refs reamed upon you late in the game........... this game... hardly anyone saw because there were better games being played for everyone to watch.

So do you think there were a lot of phantom fouls on you or were the refs ignoring a lot of fouls on MSU? Were there some really egregious calls??? Most of us didnt watch the game and several of us are intelligent enough to know fouls and ft numbers shouldnt be evened out just so the game looks fair on paper.

The nation was with you last year against UNC because we saw the absolute BS the refs reamed upon you late in the game........... this game... hardly anyone saw because there were better games being played for everyone to watch.
Yea, there were a substantial amount of phantom fouls. As I already stated, Arkansas was called for 26 fouls and had 3 steals and 3 blocks in the entire game. That's really a crazy statistic if you watch basketball.

With a little over 13 minutes left, Arkansas was up 47-40. With 3 minutes left, over the span of 10 minutes Mississippi State shot 18 free throws. In that 10 minutes stretch, they shot 1.8 free throws per minute. They also shot 4 more in the final 3 minutes.

I saw something tonight that I never thought that I would see. UK played LSU in Baton Rouge tonight and only had 10 fouls called against UK.

I may die before I ever see it again.

I think that had a lot to do with some pretty lazy defense... The first half with only 2 fouls looked like the guys were so afraid of SEC road officiating that they made more of an effort to stay away from their man than going for blocks or challenging shots..

Yea, there were a substantial amount of phantom fouls. As I already stated, Arkansas was called for 26 fouls and had 3 steals and 3 blocks in the entire game. That's really a crazy statistic if you watch basketball.

With a little over 13 minutes left, Arkansas was up 47-40. With 3 minutes left, over the span of 10 minutes Mississippi State shot 18 free throws. In that 10 minutes stretch, they shot 1.8 free throws per minute. They also shot 4 more in the final 3 minutes.
fleckabelly, I am on your side of this argument.

The bolded part indicates that it is cheating. Arkansas plays aggressive defense, but that discrepancy is poor and probably biased officiating.

The SEC officials are some of the worst.

Reactions: fleckabelly
7ac.jpg

Duke fans wouldn't understand. Your team is the reason college refs continually screw up the block/charge.
I understand because you guys continually jump into Duke game threads to complain about any call that goes in Duke's favor but never the opposite... but that aside UK fans complain about refs almost every game, including the ones you win. You guys literally have a ref suing your coach (and others) because of the harassment he received from your fans.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
I understand because you guys continually jump into Duke game threads to complain about any call that goes in Duke's favor but never the opposite... but that aside UK fans complain about refs almost every game, including the ones you win. You guys literally have a ref suing your coach (and others) because of the harassment he received from your fans.

They don't do well with Facts, bruh.

And a Duke fan started the UK/UGA thread last night, so what's your point? I have zero problem with that. And quite honestly, I don't think it's just UK fans who feel Duke gets preferential treatment, whether it be by the officials or the selection committee. There's just more UK fans, so there's going to be some that are more vocal about it.

They don't do well with Facts, bruh.

Well, that's because John Higgins isn't suing John Calipari. He's suing Matt Jones (founder of Kentucky Sports Radio), and it'll get laughed out of court.

ADVERTISEMENT