ADVERTISEMENT

Season Predictions

So you do or Don t think titles from the 40's and 50's are just as relevant? I mean you say UNC could make a case [with a couple more] as GOAT. Which means you feel titles from that era are ok??? But then you argue with me they are not?? Dude I'm lost. You're a confusing fella.
IU and KU's titles are relevant because both school habe titles from those era's. Right?
Anyways...This has made its circle. I have no clue what it is you are talking about. Good luck this year.

The answer is always UK. Laughing

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Actually, correction, it was the Kentucky fans that made it about KU vs UK (surprise).

Regardless, your comments still had nothing to do with my points.

I never made it about KU's place in history vs Kentucky's, and the 1985 thing wasn't about Kentucky vs KU.
I think you need to go back and check again, you made it about UK nd KU in this thread… . and pretty much every thread you post in.

Reactions: JC for 3
I think you need to go back and check again, you made it about UK nd KU in this thread… . and pretty much every thread you post in.

I did. I was talking about UNC and Kentucky until Kevin Bryan made it a KU/UK comparison. You know, like you guys always do. Apparently you think it makes your dicks grow. If only, eh?

I did. I was talking about UNC and Kentucky until Kevin Bryan made it a KU/UK comparison. You know, like you guys always do. Apparently you think it makes your dicks grow. If only, eh?
Don't try and spin your trolls on me, bruh.

The guy who asked for 1920s info about a tourney that started in 1939 is telling me to go back to math class. Laughing

Sorry....not going to research every damn year to make the point. There were plenty of other years in which some of the top teams were in the NIT.

That title was weak. Period.

For years the NIT was a great tournament. Then the only teams playing for the NCAA title were the conference winners. But apparently the young of today only want about a 20 year history. The game was great long before then. You can make fun of those old banners, but that is an example of the long and successful history of KU basketball. KU's tentacles cover every aspect of the game.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Nov. 6: vs. Michigan State - W

Nov. 12: Vermont - W

Nov. 16: Louisiana - W

Nov. 21: vs. Marquette - W

Nov. 23: vs. Louisville or Tennessee - W

Dec. 1: Stanford - W

Dec. 4: Wofford - W

Dec. 8: vs. New Mexico State - W

Dec. 15: Villanova - W

Dec. 18: South Dakota - W

Dec. 22: at Arizona State - L

Dec. 29: Eastern Michigan - W

Jan. 2: Oklahoma - W

Jan. 5: at Iowa State - W

Jan. 9: TCU - W

Jan. 12: at Baylor - L

Jan. 14: Texas - W

Jan. 19: at West Virginia - L

Jan. 21: Iowa State - W

Jan. 26: at Kentucky - W

Jan. 29: at Texas - W

Feb. 2: Texas Tech - W

Feb. 5: at Kansas State - W

Feb. 9: Oklahoma State - W

Feb. 11: at TCU - W

Feb. 16: West Virginia - W

Feb. 23: at Texas Tech - L

Feb. 25: Kansas State - W

March 2: at Oklahoma State - W

March 5: at Oklahoma - W

March 9: Baylor - W

Regular Season - 27-4
Post Conference Tourney - 30-4
Post NCAA Tournament - 36-4

Reactions: KisteK

Regular Season - 27-4
I would change those L's @ ASU and Baylor to W's and change those W's @ UK and vs. Wofford to L's. Ask UNC bout dat. SmokinSmile

Glad we're done arguing about old dusty dicks. This thread is for the measuring of future dicks.

I predict BIG things for Kansas this year! They let their nuts hang and swing a big stick. Duke will prematurely ejaculate like adolescents. Kentucky will talk a big game, but have performance issues. Nobody else has the potential to put away the rulers and pull out the yard sticks

Glad we're done arguing about old dusty dicks. This thread is for the measuring of future dicks.

I predict BIG things for Kansas this year! They let their nuts hang and swing a big stick. Duke will prematurely ejaculate like adolescents. Kentucky will talk a big game, but have performance issues. Nobody else has the potential to put away the rulers and pull out the yard sticks
I'm sure KU will do great...in the Big 12. History is on your side.

For years the NIT was a great tournament. Then the only teams playing for the NCAA title were the conference winners. But apparently the young of today only want about a 20 year history. The game was great long before then. You can make fun of those old banners, but that is an example of the long and successful history of KU basketball. KU's tentacles cover every aspect of the game.

Coming soon............

20180905_221656_zps0cbo9vcs.jpg

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Regular Season - 27-4
KU isn't losing to ASU or Texas Tech.

38-2? There's only been one champion in history to have that record.

Why lurker, who could that champion be? My memory is a little fuzzy could you help me to remember with say...a highlight video from the championship game?

It was a bait post. He has KU losing those two games, but winning at Rupp.
KU has a pretty good regular season record against other top teams during Self's time there. I think they showed a stat last year that said they were 15-4 against Top 5 teams under him. Combine that with the fact that KU hasn't lost a game in Rupp since H.W. was in office and I'm thinking KU wins by atleast 4 points.

KU has a pretty good regular season record against other top teams during Self's time there. I think they showed a stat last year that said they were 15-4 against Top 5 teams under him. Combine that with the fact that KU hasn't lost a game in Rupp since H.W. was in office and I'm thinking KU wins by atleast 4 points.

Trivia time. What team/coach has given Self his worst loss while at KU?

Probably Shaka Smart when he coached VCU in 2011. Win that game and they would’ve been heavy favorites to win the Final Four. I think that loss was much worse than 2010.

Yeah....definitely between those two.

Last edited:
Yeah, but how much cash are you going to lay on KU winning in Rupp when you're relying on past achievements?

Dropping cash on anything in September is pretty foolish.
I got all excited when I saw you quoted my post, but now I'm disapointed.

Yes, we all know laying cash on a January game in September is "foolish". I wasn't asking anyone to actually bet on that game right now, I was giving him a scenario more or less.

I hope the point I was trying to make (would you bet on KU in that game just because they won in Rupp arena in previous years) didn't get by you, because it seems like it did.

Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT