ADVERTISEMENT

Season Predictions

I feel like everyone will know about UCF basketball by the time you grow tired of this board. Too bad by season's end, they'll be forgotten again. Bummer.

BTW, is it true Tacko Fall is Perry Ellis' grandfather?

People never forget magical Cinderella stories Dinsey has built a whole company off of those stories. That’s what I expect from UCF this year.

You heard first from honors.

I have never heard about the Tacko / Perry Ellis connection. That would be an interesting UCFact if true.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Top 8 are going to be so much fun to watch battle out..
Lol, Oklahomas.

I think Iowa St will be a lot better.
Baylor will be a question.

I think the top 2 will be Kansas and Kansas St.
The next two are the question. I think Tech loss too much. Like I said earlier I don't think people truly understand how much Jevon Carter was depended on by WV.

They still have length and size but they don't have that floor general.

I truthfully think that Texas, TCU and Iowa St are even with WV and Tech as of right now.

Are both Oklahomas supposed to be bad?

I think Oklahoma St is clearly the worse team coming into the season
OU might be a little better but Trae Young carried that team and I don't see anyone on their roster who can do that.

Plus the Big XII by far is the deepest conference.
You have to be a NCAA Tournament team to be in the Top 7.
Thinking they have 7 NCAA teams with Baylor not making it and then the Oklahoma schools as doormats

Are both Oklahomas supposed to be bad?
They look like they'll be … not good.
Baylor is another with massive question marks, but look to have more talent on paper.
Nice looking sophomore class in Waco.

I don't know how they'll do vs the rest of cbb, and I don't doubt they'll still grab some wins in conference; but (imo) it's doubtful that either of the Oklahomas will even challenge for the top half of the Big XII.

They look like they'll be … not good.
Baylor is another with massive question marks, but look to have more talent on paper.
Nice looking sophomore class in Waco.

I don't know how they'll do vs the rest of cbb, and I don't doubt they'll still grab some wins in conference; but (imo) it's doubtful that either of the Oklahomas will even challenge for the top half of the Big XII.

Good to know. OU seems to have more wild swings from great to terrible than any other program in the country.

Reactions: KisteK
Good to know. OU seems to have more wild swings from great to terrible than any other program in the country.
When I initially responded to your post, my brother stood over my shoulder and had me pull up the OU VC page. 2019-2020 looks like a much better year for Oklahoma.
They've got a vn three man (so far) 2019 recruiting class and Austin Reaves (WSU) sitting currently as a transfer. Manek and Dolittle will be upperclassmen, and I wouldn't doubt they'd (at least) challenge for top half of the B12.

So... right on cue. Laughing

Reactions: GE Nole
Top 8 are going to be so much fun to watch battle out..
Lol, Oklahomas.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KisteK
I think Oklahoma St is clearly the worse team coming into the season
OU might be a little better but Trae Young carried that team and I don't see anyone on their roster who can do that.

Plus the Big XII by far is the deepest conference.
You have to be a NCAA Tournament team to be in the Top 7.
Thinking they have 7 NCAA teams with Baylor not making it and then the Oklahoma schools as doormats

Big 12 was very deep last year, but I don't see them being nearly as deep this year. Kansas will be very good and KState could be as well. WVA should be good, but worse than last year. Iowa St. will be better but they were on the bottom last year. Seems like every one else got worse.

Big 12 was very deep last year, but I don't see them being nearly as deep this year. Kansas will be very good and KState could be as well. WVA should be good, but worse than last year. Iowa St. will be better but they were on the bottom last year. Seems like every one else got worse.

Baylor should be better
TCU may be slightly better

Only two teams for sure won't be as good
Oklahoma
Tech

WVU is a possibility as well.

Regarding Texas. Bamba has worlds of talent and may someday be a great NBA player but his potential is much higher than his on the court play

Jericho Sims is not that much of a drop off. He is 6'9 with an unbelievable vertical.
The guy played Konate last year and held him own when Bamba was injured.

Plus Texas brings every other starter back last year to add to a Top 10 recruiting class.
Not to mention the return of Andrew Jones.

If they get any kind of shooting Texas is a 25 win team.
If not then they are still better than last year but closer to 20-22 wins.

I think the 6-10 freshman Hepa will surprise a lot of people.
He has unbelievable offensive skills for a big man. Highly efficient.
He will allow Texas to play multiple lineups and stretch the floor.

WVA should be good, but worse than last year.

I know you have no way of knowing what I know, but many in and around the program are very excited for this year. If we can get them to play defense even close to what we come to expect from a Bob Huggins press Virginia team, we have skill players the likes I've not seen in a long long time.

We go 15 deep this year.....god help the other teams....#PRESSvirginia

I know you have no way of knowing what I know, but many in and around the program are very excited for this year. If we can get them to play defense even close to what we come to expect from a Bob Huggins press Virginia team, we have skill players the likes I've not seen in a long long time.

I keep hearing that, but I just can't see a team that loses a backcourt like that being better or as good as they were last year.

Nov. 6: vs. Michigan State - W

Nov. 12: Vermont - W

Nov. 16: Louisiana - W

Nov. 21: vs. Marquette - W

Nov. 23: vs. Louisville or Tennessee - W

Dec. 1: Stanford - W

Dec. 4: Wofford - W

Dec. 8: vs. New Mexico State - W

Dec. 15: Villanova - W

Dec. 18: South Dakota - W

Dec. 22: at Arizona State - L

Dec. 29: Eastern Michigan - W

Jan. 2: Oklahoma - W

Jan. 5: at Iowa State - W

Jan. 9: TCU - W

Jan. 12: at Baylor - L

Jan. 14: Texas - W

Jan. 19: at West Virginia - L

Jan. 21: Iowa State - W

Jan. 26: at Kentucky - W

Jan. 29: at Texas - W

Feb. 2: Texas Tech - W

Feb. 5: at Kansas State - W

Feb. 9: Oklahoma State - W

Feb. 11: at TCU - W

Feb. 16: West Virginia - W

Feb. 23: at Texas Tech - L

Feb. 25: Kansas State - W

March 2: at Oklahoma State - W

March 5: at Oklahoma - W

March 9: Baylor - W

Regular Season - 27-4
Post Conference Tourney - 30-4
Post NCAA Tournament - 36-4
TightImmaculateDromaeosaur-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: schoonerwest

It is like removing an engine from a car.
The car may still be there but until you find an engine to replace it the car is not the same.

Jevon Carter was by far your best player the last two years.
You really think the freshman PG will be anything close.

I don't think backcourts in the Big XII will be afraid of WV as they were last year.
WV should be a great team but I don't think they will challenge Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT