ADVERTISEMENT

Screw the news out of Lexington. Jay Wright is leaving Villanova.

I wouldn’t say they are the cleanest….although I give izzo a lot of credit because you never hear about scandal from msu like you do at some of the bigger schools (yes I mean Kansas as well). The shit that Kansas gets in trouble with the ncaa is minuscule shit that is warranting win vacating. (Although if Desousa and Addidas allegations do blow up Ku might lose some games from 2018, including the final four).
I always have trouble with spelling adidas, and my best way to type it out is to think about a Korn song.

(All Day I Dream About Sex)

Last edited:
Would be hard for anyone to challenge Tshiebwe, IMO. Bacot could if UNC is a super dominant team. But, Tshiebwe is just unfreaking stoppable in the paint.

The three other options you mentioned, Sasser, Jaquez, and Timme are all very, very talented. Just not sure any of those three will have the raw stats to compete with Tshiebwe for NPOY. Also, not sure what Timme's status is. My top 15 candidates for NPOY might look like...

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
4. Marcus Sasser, Houston
5. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
6. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
7. Nick Smith, Arkansas
8. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
9. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
10. Amari Bailey, UCLA
11. Zach Edey, Purdue
12. Keyonte George, Baylor
13. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
14. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
15. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona

Somebody will break out next year to challenge him. I doubt Oscar has the same year too. Nobody would have expected him to be that good before the year started tbh.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Somebody will break out next year to challenge him. I doubt Oscar has the same year too. Nobody would have expected him to be that good before the year started tbh.
Yeah, if Cal is going to be committed to getting Oscar better prepared for the NBA he won't be parked in the paint quite as much next year. Doubt he matches the same gaudy stats next season, particularly if he is surrounded by more efficient scorers than he was this season.

Reactions: cdbearde
Yeah, if Cal is going to be committed to getting Oscar better prepared for the NBA he won't be parked in the paint quite as much next year. Doubt he matches the same gaudy stats next season, particularly if he is surrounded by more efficient scorers than he was this season.
Collins is coming back as well.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Would be hard for anyone to challenge Tshiebwe, IMO. Bacot could if UNC is a super dominant team. But, Tshiebwe is just unfreaking stoppable in the paint.

The three other options you mentioned, Sasser, Jaquez, and Timme are all very, very talented. Just not sure any of those three will have the raw stats to compete with Tshiebwe for NPOY. Also, not sure what Timme's status is. My top 15 candidates for NPOY might look like...

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
4. Marcus Sasser, Houston
5. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
6. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
7. Nick Smith, Arkansas
8. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
9. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
10. Amari Bailey, UCLA
11. Zach Edey, Purdue
12. Keyonte George, Baylor
13. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
14. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
15. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
Year of the big man. Thanks to a shift in the NBA and NIL at the college level you have dominant bigs returning. The last few years seem to have been that way but not to the degree that we may see next year. A little surprised Kofi decided not to join that list.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Twice. The Heels were very generous to him.

giphy.gif

Year of the big man. Thanks to a shift in the NBA and NIL at the college level you have dominant bigs returning. The last few years seem to have been that way but not to the degree that we may see next year. A little surprised Kofi decided not to join that list.
With the way the NBA is played, I think we'll see a lot of traditional college big men return and cash in on NIL.

Very possible. Could very well be somebody that's completely off our radar. Keegan Murray and Johnny Davis had amazing sophomore years this season. Definitely saw the potential in them as freshmen to be stars. But, never thought they would be this dominant.

Very possible. Could very well be somebody that's completely off our radar. Keegan Murray and Johnny Davis had amazing sophomore years this season. Definitely saw the potential in them as freshmen to be stars. But, never thought they would be this dominant.
TBH, we could take 5 regulars from this board and put a team together that would dominate the Big 10. 😁

Yep. Dominant big men will continue to be a pattern in college basketball. I want to say there were 6 guys that played the 5 position in 2021 that made the All-American team.

The guards are in heavy demand in the NBA, so we don't really have those guys around very long. But, these bigs that struggle to shoot from the perimeter and/or defend the PnR - those are the guys that we'll consistently see stay for 3-4 years (Tshiebwe, Garza, Cockburn, Timme, Bacot, Dickinson, TJD, etc.)

18 teams in the last two tournaments... and 0 Final Fours and 1 Elite 8 appearance. Sad and hilarious.
And haven't won a title since 'Nam, basically. I'm still amused by how much the committee continues to overvalue them.

Reactions: KisteK
And haven't won a title since 'Nam, basically. I'm still amused by how much the committee continues to overvalue them.

They've done okay during the OOC season. But, it does seem like the committee is giving them the benefit of the doubt in overdrive. Ohio State getting a 2 seed last year, while only winning 60% of the conference games still baffles me.

Would be cool if we could get OOC games/mini-tournaments in late February. That might be a better indicator of the strength of a conference than evaluating 4-5 OOC games from November/December.

They've done okay during the OOC season. But, it does seem like the committee is giving them the benefit of the doubt in overdrive. Ohio State getting a 2 seed last year, while only winning 60% of the conference games still baffles me.

Would be cool if we could get OOC games/mini-tournaments in late February. That might be a better indicator of the strength of a conference than evaluating 4-5 OOC games from November/December.
Ohhh, pre-tournament tournaments... I like it! "Earn your seed" tournaments.

Exactly what will likely happen. You didn't even have Oscar on your most impactful center poll over the summer. Guys will break out, others will take a step back. Though not sure the freshman class this year is as good as last year's.

3 of those has had wins redacted. I guess Self and Izzo are the cleanest in the business.
Says everything about college ball doesnt it. One of the last two left standing is about to get hit and the other coaches @ Rape Cover Up University.

I wouldn’t say they are the cleanest….although I give izzo a lot of credit because you never hear about scandal from msu like you do at some of the bigger schools (yes I mean Kansas as well). The shit that Kansas gets in trouble with the ncaa is minuscule shit that is warranting win vacating. (Although if Desousa and Addidas allegations do blow up Ku might lose some games from 2018, including the final four).
What do u mean if De Sousa and Adidas shot blows up? U mean if the ncaa does anything? Id say that fuse is already lit.

Dont get me wrong it would be super beneficial to my team (maybe) if nothing ever comes of it but idk how the ncaa could justify not vacating games de sousa played in, but hell its the ncaa so who knows.

What do u mean if De Sousa and Adidas shot blows up? U mean if the ncaa does anything? Id say that fuse is already lit.

Dont get me wrong it would be super beneficial to my team (maybe) if nothing ever comes of it but idk how the ncaa could justify not vacating games de sousa played in, but hell its the ncaa so who knows.
I have no idea what will happen, but it's important to realize that it's not the NCAA's decision. It's in the hands of an independent panel. Everyone keeps comparing to past NCAA decisions, but they're irrelevant.

thabks i did not know that

Yea i guess a European company wouldnt make an english (drawing a blank on literary term for makins a word with the first letters) sense.

I have no idea what will happen, but it's important to realize that it's not the NCAA's decision. It's in the hands of an independent panel. Everyone keeps comparing to past NCAA decisions, but they're irrelevant.
Good point. I hope ur right. Knowing the ncaa they will just hit Louisville harder to make kansas and adidas toe the line smh

Good point. I hope ur right. Knowing the ncaa they will just hit Louisville harder to make kansas and adidas toe the line smh
I think the NCAA would like to make an example out of KU by hammering them, but it's not their call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT